Study shows Smiths fans are “neurotic"- Pitchfork, BrooklynVegan, NME articles

Smiths Fans Are “Neurotic,” Björk Fans Are “Open,” Study Shows - Pitchfork

"Science has spoken: If you’re a fan of The Smiths, you're probably neurotic. If you're a Björk or Tom Waits fan, you're more likely to be an open to new experiences. And if you're a Marilyn Manson fan, you're probably not very agreeable. This is all according to a 2015 study of Facebook "likes" conducted by Stanford University and Cambridge University's Psychometrics Center, recently highlighted by The New York Times in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica scandal."

42664_42658_smiths-fans.png

Smiths fans are neurotic say Facebook researchers - Brooklyn Vegan

"The examples of “likes” which predicted someone was likely to be “Most Neurotic” were all bands: The Smiths, Placebo, Marilyn Manson, Escape the Fate, and Bring Me the Horizon. The “Least Neurotic” likes, however, were all sports-related: ESPN, its show SportsCenter, plus Derrick Rose, The Miami Heat, and football (the general sport). This would probably not be a surprise to Morrissey who once sang, “Please excuse me from gym, I have a terrible cold coming on,” on The Smiths’ “The Headmaster Ritual.”"

Neurotic? Moi!?
Regards,
FWD.

Shoplifterromo sends the link:

The Smiths and Bring Me The Horizon fans are the “most neurotic”, study finds - NME

Last edited by a moderator:
Dare mention who they are?

One just made his presence known, the Great Leader. Thinks I'm attempting to be erudite by using
the world 'cerebellum'. Whatever, I say take some of that blue cloth ink and pump into into their cerebellum
so bumps can be spotted that can account for their James/NO fixation.:constructionworker:
Freudalize them. LOL ASAP.

Once you have Ratchet figured out, the assistant nurses are easy to locate.

One just made his presence known, the Great Leader. Thinks I'm attempting to be erudite by using
the world 'cerebellum'. Whatever, I say take some of that blue cloth ink and pump into into their cerebellum
so bumps can be spotted that can account for their James/NO fixation.:constructionworker:

You are one mad c***.

Hangups could be about anything. With time I've realised it is mostly related to people having a crush on someone they could not have so that persons looks and interests become an issue. If not they had their big love stolen from them by someone with a certain look or into something like a sports club or a band or artist or political views.

Why people spend so much time obsessing over what they don't like is one of the big mysteries of life I guess. I can however conclude that you are very likely to have little if any kind of taste in music but assume that is a generational thing.

The oh so important young people have to defend the only thing they have going for them, their youth that with time becomes useless. Guard it at all cost as long as it is of any value.

Hangups could be about anything. With time I've realised it is mostly related to people having a crush on someone they could not have so that persons looks and interests become an issue. If not they had their big love stolen from them by someone with a certain look or into something like a sports club or a band or artist or political views.

Why people spend so much time obsessing over what they don't like is one of the big mysteries of life I guess. I can however conclude that you are very likely to have little if any kind of taste in music but assume that is a generational thing.

The oh so important young people have to defend the only thing they have going for them, their youth that with time becomes useless. Guard it at all cost as long as it is of any value.

doh:
You should consider giving the faux erudition a break.
There is nothing really to be erudite about, its common sense: J and NO suck the big one.:roundpushpin:

doh:
You should consider giving the faux erudition a break.
There is nothing really to be erudite about, its common sense: J and NO suck the big one.:roundpushpin:
It is one thing to be badly educated but to not realise their impact on the indie scene is just being pathetic. I think I file this under cases where late comers envy the past they missed out on. No wonder with the state of music young people had to grow up to poor things.
They're legends and you're a leg end.

It is one thing to be badly educated but to not realise their impact on the indie scene is just being pathetic. I think I file this under cases where late comers envy the past they missed out on. No wonder with the state of music young people had to grow up to poor things.
They're legends and you're a leg end.
doh:

Education? What does education have to do with the fact that they suck the big one?:roundpushpin:
They had 0,( zero for the Oxford educated), impact on the indie scene or any scene, they have
had minimal sales and can barely fill up the pub. NO has to open for Goldfrapp!!:seenoevil:
This unfortunate situation is due to the fact that they suck the big one.

doh:

Education? What does education have to do with the fact that they suck the big one?:roundpushpin:
They had 0,( zero for the Oxford educated), impact on the indie scene or any scene, they have
had minimal sales and can barely fill up the pub. NO has to open for Goldfrapp!!:seenoevil:
This kind of childish denial is connected with deep personal issues and you really need professional help. My advice is to just avoid things that you do not like, it is easier than you think it is.

This kind of childish denial is connected with deep personal issues and you really need professional help. My advice is to just avoid things that you do not like, it is easier than you think it is.

You advice is to avoid them? What?:crazy:
That's the problem the avoidance of their so called music by aficionados of good music. Even those who don't like good music avoid them. The guy from J cant even afford a wig after his not so promising career went straight downward. He gives dancing lessons.....the indignity.

They bite the big one:roundpushpin:

doh:

You really need to see a doctor. I have no idea what your mental age or your real age is but you have severe issues in seeing what is real and what you imagine in your head. You are clearly mentally disturbed and should go and seek help as soon as possible.

In the meantime - read the below and then reflect on what you imagined - it may help.

Zero impact on the Indie Scene? They owned a nightclub called The Hacienda, where the Smiths played one of their early gigs. -

They have had minimal sales - Do you mean apart from the largest selling 12 inch single ever - Blue Monday? -

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/jun/14/blue-monday-biggest-selling-single

New Order opened for Goldfrapp - did they? Looks like every ticket outlet and adverts got it wrong

https://www.goldfrapp.com/blog/2017...der-at-the-hollywood-bowl-18th-september-2017

Last edited:
There we have it, No 3. Forgive his tardiness, he just has the internet.
First Moe, the leader, the erudite
Second in line: Larry, hapless.
Last but not least: Curly, with the fewest brain cells.
Like I said, common sense and reality usually wins over egg head erudition. Specially in this case. Called it before I saw it.

The had The Hacienda. Hacienda is not music but a building. NO ripped off Krautrock they didnt influence anyone for f***, except for the Goldfrapp, that happen to bite too. Horrible :pileofpoop:, then instead of being humble they go out and make smart aleck remarks about Moz, who laughs at them specially the bald dude from J:oldman:

did you even bother reading your link:

Goldfrapp & New Order at the Hollywood Bowl - 18th September 2017

Goldfrapp AND.............New Order.

:laughing:

There we have it, No 3. Forgive his tardiness, he just has the internet.
First Moe, the leader, the erudite
Second in line: Larry, hapless.
Last but not least: Curly, with the fewest brain cells.
Like I said, common sense and reality usually wins over egg head erudition. Specially in this case. Called it before I saw it.

The had The Hacienda. Hacienda is not music but a building. NO ripped off Krautrock they didnt influence anyone for f***, except for the Goldfrapp, that happen to bite too. Horrible :pileofpoop:, then instead of being humble they go out and make smart aleck remarks about Moz, who laughs at them specially the bald dude from J:oldman:

Either your meds are wearing off or you are over dosing as you posts are not making too much sense, however ........ New Order were influenced by Kraftwork and have always said this. Who knows which bands influence who? One band who have always said they were influenced by New Order are The Killers, they even took their name from New Orders video for Crystal ( there was a drum kit in the video with The Killers emblazoned across the bass drum) Bernard and Brandon have since become good friends and often share the stage at each others concerts.

a song inspired by Morrissey by a forgotten nineties band. whatever happened to those guys?

The mention of Krautrock makes NO acolytes jump, LOL!
NO is tepid Krautrock, worse than the Bowie albums.Influenced nobody, maybe that Goldfrapp that more or less sucks too.:rock:
Killers were influenced by Lou Reed The Smiths The Cure and Depeche Mode. NO mention of NO LOLLL
They took the name from a video but passed on the music, not that it matters they bite the big one in a big way too.

The band bonded over a mutual love of other downbeat pop masters like The Smiths (they would open arena shows for Morrissey), The Cure and Depeche Mode.

Let see who influenced them.....The Smiths are in there, The Cure naturally very influential....Depeche Mode.....whos is NOT listed as an influence? New Order LOL

Maybe you should have Skinny validate your writing before posting, at this stage you are embarrassing yourself.:straightface:

The band bonded over a mutual love of other downbeat pop masters like The Smiths (they would open arena shows for Morrissey), The Cure and Depeche Mode.

Let see who influenced them.....The Smiths are in there, The Cure naturally very influential....Depeche Mode.....whos is NOT listed as an influence? New Order LOL

Maybe you should have Skinny validate your writing before posting, at this stage you are embarrassing yourself.:straightface:

I will let Brandon respond to your nonsense. Read the text below the video and then f*** off you complete f***ing dick head.

http://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/the-killers/news/brandon-flowers-very-close-encounter-hero/

Jesus, he DOES NOT say he was INFLUENCED by NO, he is a hero like Bowie or Pink Floyd is a hero, if he met Roger Waters at the urinal, one of his heroes, would that mean he was influenced by him? If he met Macca??

Very difficult to get sense into the NO super fans....:lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom