Strange/unexpected Moz references?

thesmithsmuseum-21032024-0001.jpg

Support that night remains a mystery (if there was one).
Anyone?
FWD.

I don't know why some people are so proud of eating meat out of spite because they hate a vegetarian/vegan. It's just an ugly prejudice like any other.

(yes, I am a vegan, Aubs)
Because vegans and vegetarians are obnoxious to people who believe differently than they do

Are they any more obnoxious than people who think aging British pop stars should be kicked out of their country for daring to criticize it? That's as goonish as the people who wanted Lennon deported in the 70s because he took drugs and hung out with radicals.

Morrissey is just another in a distinguished line of Britons (Huxley, Isherwood, Hitchcock, &c.) who want to relax under the palm fronds of Los Angeles and make their art and take in the glamour of the classic film industry, which in Morrissey's case is nostalgic, since that golden age is gone, which makes it more romantic. I think we're fortunate to have him. If only his Jaguar didn't have leather seats and he would make a comment about Israel, but that's hardly cause for deportation.

Smiths' (Warners) YT posting a short.
(Probably should have capitalised on the algorithm when The Killer was piquing interest).
FWD.

May's Mojo has some Bowie/Ronson material.
Morrissey mentions in light of Suzi Ronson's new book.

1711117558649.jpg
1711117558999.jpg
1711117559278.jpg
1711117559608.jpg
1711117559866.jpg
1711117560118.jpg

I'll be picking this book up when released - will add any further references.
Regards,
FWD.

Theater/Arts: Ballet Folklórico de Los Ángeles to celebrate Selena, Jenni Rivera​

By Willie Plaschke | : March 21, 2024

GRG-L-THEATER-COL-0321.jpg

One of the [US] country’s leading Mariachi ensembles will join forces this weekend with an illustrious Mexican folk dance company this weekend during “¡Viva Mexico! ¡Viva America!” presented by Ballet Folklórico de Los Ángeles and Mariachi Garibaldi de Jaime Cuéllar.

Led by Kareli Montoya, Ballet Folklórico de Los Ángeles has been mesmerizing audiences since 2011 with its genre-transcending performances.

And you can experience the company’s storytelling through music and dance while also celebrating the tunes of Selena and Jenni Rivera during a show at 8 p.m. Saturday, March 23. The event will take place at the Carpenter Performing Arts Center, on the Cal State Long Beach campus.

The dancers of Ballet Folklórico de Los Ángeles have appeared in the area’s top venues, such as the Anaheim Convention Center, Orpheum Theater, Nokia Theater, Greek Theater, John Anson Ford Amphitheater, Santa Barbara Bowl and others.

The dance company is proud to uphold the tradition of Baile folklórico, a type of performance art that combines dance, music and costume to highlight several Mexican cultures.

But they also stretch beyond their Mexican heritage to encompass what are usually thought of as traditionally “western” art forms. For instance, they were the first folklórico company in the country to accompany symphony orchestras like the San Bernardino Symphony Orchestra and the Marina del Rey Symphony.

In the world of pop and rock music, this troupe has worked with celebrities like Ana Barbara, Morrissey, Beatriz Adriana, Empress Of, and Armenian pop star Lilit Hovhannisyan...

In todays UK Times newspaper, Johnny Marr is interviewed in the regular "My culture fix" section.

My guiltiest culture pleasure.

"Cheese and onion pasty, chips and peas. Anyone who says thats not a culture doesn't know what they are talking about."

One Morrissey mention in:
"Dark Luminosity: Memoirs of a Geezer" - the expanded edition by Jah Wobble.

"A couple of years before that time, I had started knocking about with a geezer that I had met in the ‘reformed drinker’ circles that I now mixed in. His name was David Wilkerson. He had been in a group called Modern Romance. His stage name was David Jaymes. Everybody that I knew hated Modern Romance. It was Morrissey who famously said, ‘I’m sure there are worse bands than Modern Romance but, seriously, can anybody think of one?’ So I had to put up with a fair bit of ribbing from one or two people, especially Margaux, who had sat there on a few occasions watching me lambasting them when they made their Top of the Pops appearances."
FWD.

Just noticed this whilst doing some Wiki bits:

Screenshot_20240324-055327.png

Still live:

FB_IMG_1711259600185.jpg
Screenshot_20240324-055423.png
Screenshot_20240324-055354~2.png

10 photos @ £6 (6"x4") - 1 set left...
First image is excellent.
FWD.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I Live In Oblivion/ Free Bird similarity

I heard Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd the other day. It was on low volume and in a noisy environment. The bass line and/or chord progression sounded exactly like I Live In Oblivion.
Will somebody please post some evidence of this? I can't be bothered.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom