Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I forgot to mention this, and I don't know if anyone else has already done so, but when I went to see Jimmy Carr on his "Rapier Wit" tour he chose to play "Panic" as one of the songs before he entered (as people seated theirselves).

I've been reading Dara O'Briain's book Tickling the English, which concentrates a great deal on English/British identity. In one chapter he quotes from Andy Medhurst's list of things which contribute towards 'English-ness':

"...Coronation Street, the Radio Times, seaside piers, the Grand National, Sheringham in Norfolk on a Sunday afternoon, Mansfield in Nottinghamshire on a Friday night, 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out' by The Smiths..."

:thumb:

I've just read S.Maconie's book "Cider With Roadies"..But it wasn't unexpected that he'd

mention meeting Moz..

not sure where to post this, here seems the best.......fell asleep on sofa yesterday, woke up to a very old black and white 'dads army' episode.....watched it and there was a remarkable similarity between moz and john le mesiure!!!same mannerisms, lots of face pulling, is this just me??

not sure where to post this, here seems the best.......fell asleep on sofa yesterday, woke up to a very old black and white 'dads army' episode.....watched it and there was a remarkable similarity between moz and john le mesiure!!!same mannerisms, lots of face pulling, is this just me??

Ooh, yes, you're right there. I noticed that a while ago but forgot to post it.

benson.jpg

haha, ive occasionally entertained the same thought. :)

He also went for a beer in the hotel bar..

And then they went out on the town (Berlin?) The NME article was entitled:
Morrissey Comes Out...................................................................................................

For A Drink (Jun/ Jul 1991)

...Does this Count ???

I was in my local pub on Sunday, wearing a "Ringleaders" T-shirt.
As I was having a Smoke in their Smoking area, Some rather large chappie said to his Mates " That Feckin' Morrissey....he screwed up our Family Holiday last year...Our 'Plane had to wait an hour for him to Board, and we missed our connection at t'other end..."
..or something VERY similar.....

I am not sure if Morrissey even uses aeroplanes.....Or if, indeed, what the chappie said was, in fact, true....
...Just sayin'.......

...Does this Count ???

I was in my local pub on Sunday, wearing a "Ringleaders" T-shirt.
As I was having a Smoke in their Smoking area, Some rather large chappie said to his Mates " That Feckin' Morrissey....he screwed up our Family Holiday last year...Our 'Plane had to wait an hour for him to Board, and we missed our connection at t'other end..."
..or something VERY similar.....

I am not sure if Morrissey even uses aeroplanes.....Or if, indeed, what the chappie said was, in fact, true....
...Just sayin'.......

INTERESTING

and why didnt you probe him for further info?

(its ok, I joke :lbf:)

Well I just about pissed myself during the elevator scene in 500 Days of summer, but that probably wasn't unexpected by most, I just knew nothing about the movie before watching!
I still can't decide if I like that movie, I'm not a huge Zooey Deschanel fan...because she married Ben Gibbard :mad: ...who is unfrinkable, but I have to admit to liking Death Cab. Their cover of This Charming Man was terrible though (that was another unexpected thing, when I found they had covered that song!) I did copy her haircut though.
I'm new to these forums but I love em already! Pray for me that I won't one day post something I instantly deeply regret...that always happens to me :blushing: (what is that blushing smiley doing with its hand?!)

This may have been posted before. Not necessarily unexpected or strange, but I came across a review for Kenneth Williams: Fantabulosa! (which is fantastic, by the way) on the internet:

"A film of definitively British miserableness, the sort embodied by Morrissey (before he moved to LA and embraced sunshine)"

Well I just about pissed myself during the elevator scene in 500 Days of summer, but that probably wasn't unexpected by most, I just knew nothing about the movie before watching!
I still can't decide if I like that movie, I'm not a huge Zooey Deschanel fan...because she married Ben Gibbard :mad: ...who is unfrinkable, but I have to admit to liking Death Cab. Their cover of This Charming Man was terrible though (that was another unexpected thing, when I found they had covered that song!) I did copy her haircut though.
I'm new to these forums but I love em already! Pray for me that I won't one day post something I instantly deeply regret...that always happens to me :blushing: (what is that blushing smiley doing with its hand?!)

Welcome to Solo, Emma. :) It is a pretty good place to be, usually. I do agree about the blushing emoticon though. :p

Yes, I thought the DCFC cover of 'This Charming Man' was pretty dire as well, but I do like them usually. I haven't seen 500 Days of Summer yet, I must do at some point.

BBC 6 Music Steve Lamaq played Sheila Take A Bow, he mentioned tonght Gideon Coe would play Smiths archive session. :thumb:

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom