Strange/unexpected Moz references?

:D It was brilliant. Corden and Jones seem to have good music taste; the intro's to one or two Courteeners sosngs have also been played in quite a few episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using some free screen capture software... and it's my first youtube upload...so it's not great... but you get the drift

Or if you'd like a copy (lord knows why) http://www.sendspace.com/file/7d9wto

The irony of it being a barbecue isn't lost on me...

Dave

:rofl:
Oh, jesus. That would never happen on American TV. Or if it did, everyone would just look blankly at each other.
:laughing:

Last edited by a moderator:
geez what a pile of shite, Moz, i'd sue them. :thumb:

To be fair, just watching that tiny clip, doesn't do the programme any justice at all. Gavin and Stacey is the funniest sit-com on British tv at the moment, it is brilliant, very subtle and very dry.

I fear this third series may be the last :( But it's better to go out on a high then simply churn out series after series that become more and more unfunny just to make money. A bit like Friends, Scrubs etc

To be fair, just watching that tiny clip, doesn't do the programme any justice at all. Gavin and Stacey is the funniest sit-com on British tv at the moment, it is brilliant, very subtle and very dry.

The whole thing of Doris/Smithy singing it was a bit weird...it was almost as if it was written in simply so James Corden could 'showcase' his Morrissey impression! I agree though, I love G&S, especially the first episode of this series, which was great.

The whole thing of Doris/Smithy singing it was a bit weird...it was almost as if it was written in simply so James Corden could 'showcase' his Morrissey impression! I agree though, I love G&S, especially the first episode of this series, which was great.

Yeah you may be right, but it made me smile (not a common sight at Christmas).

Personally, my favourite episode is last year's Christmas special.:D

I appreciated the Smiths reference but I doubt many of you have ever been to Barry. Or the island!

Shudders with the memories of Smiley miley and Go West at the Radio One roadshow, the Funhouse with the death slide, the logflume, the Valley commandoes, the "beach", the Knap...

every year without fail it was a thrice yearly trip. On the train from Cardiff down to Barry. Safe. Or not. The most memorable being when my budgie ahd died of a cancerous growth that day and I burst into tears on the Jungle Boat.

How many members of the great British viewing public would have known the song though? And am I alone in wanting to punch Gavin and Stacey? They're so annoyingly dull.

Smiley Miley :eek:
Go West :eek:
Radio One Roadshow :eek:
:sick:
Christ I feel old!
...like a Teddy Boy during the Punk wars.

Just got back from Devon, and while driving through the village of Croyde I noticed a bar/restaurant named Billy Budd's :p.

A programme called Most Anooying People of 2009 have played This Charming Man for a clip about Prince Harry and Shoplifters for one about John Terry's mum and inlaw.

On The Fattest Man in Britain the other night, the fat guy had an agent called Morris Morrissey. A girl who cared about the fat guy said she wanted to feed him some healthy food and the fat guy says something along the lines of 'Oh no, it's Morrissey's job to tell me what to eat'. Written by Caroline Aherne I think so possibly referring to our boy. Made me smile any road :)

My kids were watching the Disney movie "Sky High" today, and two of the kids were sitting outside on the roof of their house, and the song, "Please Please Please...." came on. The soundtrack is great.
Please Please...was performed by "Elefant."

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom