Strange/unexpected Moz references?

One of the producers on the Simpsons is called JOHN FRINK. :lbf:
makes me smile everytime I see it.

*gets coat*

Emmerdale about 2 mins ago.....
Moirah said something like, the pleasures of winter on a farm (dont know if thats right)

And her husband replied, "Could be a great song title that"
Moirah "yeah something by The Smiths"

Husband "oh vey miserable and bleak"

Emmerdale about 2 mins ago.....
Moirah said something like, the pleasures of winter on a farm (dont know if thats right)

And her husband replied, "Could be a great song title that"
Moirah "yeah something by The Smiths"

Husband "oh vey miserable and bleak"

I don't watch it but on the Janice Long radio interview this year, Morrissey was aware that he was referenced alot on Emmerdale.
Is it a good show?

I don't watch it but on the Janice Long radio interview this year, Morrissey was aware that he was referenced alot on Emmerdale.
Is it a good show?

I'm sorry for being a pedant, but Morrissey hasn't been on Janice Long show this year, but he was on October 2008.

In 2007 BBC 2 Russell Brand interview Morrissey said that he sometimes watched Emmerdale because it's brief.

I don't watch Emmerdale, don't know good or naff.

Last edited:
Is it a good show?

i love emmerdale, and yes morrissey likes it:thumb:

Is it a good show?

My mum and stepdad watch it at dinner, and I'd say it's mostly crap. It's set in Yorkshire, and half the bloody cast are southerners!

He spoke to Janice Long about Emmerdale too. He is aware that they use his songs alot in the storyline which I think is very sweet. ( The scriptwriters love of them and the fact that Morrissey must find it amusing and a compliment afterall he doesn't get radio play but his songs get mentions in front of millions of viewers )

i love emmerdale, and yes morrissey likes it:thumb:

I know there are quite a few ex Hollyoaks members in the cast as well as the lad from Shamelass and the older fella from Queer as Folk.:thumb:

I just don't get around to watching soaps. Hollyoaks is repeated so much though it impossible not to catch it.

oh i only like Emmerdale and Corronation Street

I know there are quite a few ex Hollyoaks members in the cast as well as the lad from Shamelass and the older fella from Queer as Folk.:thumb:

I just don't get around to watching soaps. Hollyoaks is repeated so much though it impossible not to catch it.

also the lad from shameless is not in emmerdale, if its the one im thinking about then its his twin brother, but he aint in it anymore

My mum and stepdad watch it at dinner, and I'd say it's mostly crap. It's set in Yorkshire, and half the bloody cast are southerners!

You know I've always wondered why there seem to be loads of southerners in northern soaps like Emmerdale and Coronation Street and you rarely see northerners in Eastenders, despite there being a lot of northerners in London.

I was thinking there must be a shortage of northern actors up north. I mean some of the northern characters in Corrie are fake. Rita Sullivan, Tracy Barlow, Carla Connor and Gail Platt are southerners who fake northern accents. Why?????

There's a fundraising site http://forevermanchester.com/ listen to the radio for a bit... about a minute... and Mike Joyce pops up... promoting Manchester Marmalade!

It's all for charidee!

Dave

I started something just being played loudly in the rovers return

^That looks lovely, illuminated.

After two exhausting family dinners on Thanksgiving day we left the kids at my Mother-in-law's and fled to Detroit for a concert, assuring her that we'd be back to claim them at midnight. Doors opened at 8:00. By 11:00 the opening band was just starting to set up - and very slowly at that, so we had to leave without seeing a thing. Very disappointing.

BUT, I did see The Smiths. On the wall behind me.

hatful.jpg

A little snippet of 'Used to be a Sweet Boy' on Delia Smith cookery programme on BBC.

Very weird.

Particularly because she was glazing a dead pig with molasses at the time.

:sick:

I listed to Philly sports talk radio on ESPN 950 during work hours..As the host came back from break, I heard the opening guitar from The First of the Gang to Die. That was an unexpected pleasure.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom