Strange/unexpected Moz references?

thesmithsnerd-20230817-0005.jpg
thesmithsnerd-20230817-0001.jpg
thesmithsnerd-20230817-0002.jpg
thesmithsnerd-20230817-0003.jpg
thesmithsnerd-20230817-0004.jpg

From a Stereogum article by Danielle Chelosky, an extended interview with Geoff Rickly. Moz content as follows:

What’s your favorite Smiths song?
RICKLY: Probably “This Night Has Opened My Eyes.”
How do you feel about Morrissey?
RICKLY: I mean, it sucks. I’m not gonna lie, I’m a Robert Smith guy. And that’s like a Blur versus Oasis type of thing. I’m always team Robbie, no matter what, guy’s the best. We went on tour with them. He’s legitimately a great guy. So it doesn’t crush me that Morrissey has some janky political opinions because I never swooned over him. I just thought, “What a great voice. What a great singer. Those are great songs.” That’s kind of it.
We played a festival with him and I watched as as driver picked him up in a silver Mercedes at the backstage and drove him the 150-200 feet to the stage. He got out in a nice British raincoat and looked down at mud ahead of him and sighed and the driver put down some cloth for him to walk across to the stage. I was like, “Yeah, that’s Morrissey.” I actually was very gratified to see that happen. I was like, “Cool. He’s not a character.” Like he’s a character, but he’s not in character. That’s f***ing him.

I'm listening to a Beatles podcast from 2018. There's a half-dozen Smiths references. This one is about Rubber Soul.

Much to my surprise, I ran across one today in an art textbook ("Living With Art," 6th ed.), in amongst the Leonardos, Van Goghs, Japanese woodcuts, and Greek statues:

mozart.jpg

Yes, it's really about the artist/designer who created the image, but....Where is the most unexpected place you've seen or heard a Morrissey reference?
WWE announcers Michael & I think Brad started mixing YATQ titles in their conversation. Though I was hearing things but he's a lot more famous than a lot of people think imo.

Looking for information about the aphorism "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer" I came across this article. Maybe someone will be interested, maybe not. Anyway, I leave it here.

TDs are absolutely worth owning if you ever get an opportunity.
Regards,
FWD.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom