Southpaw Grammar re-master plus bonus tracks

am I right in thinking the re-issue details were on the official Moz website a month or two ago?
could be wrong but I don't think they are anymore...

Southpaw Grammar Re-release

Hi there,

I have joined this forum with one question specifically - i read a few weeks ago on C4 Teletext that SG was being Re-issed on July 14th with 3 new tracks.

However, i asked it HMV today & they didn't have any news on it - can anyone shed any light?

Much appreciated.

Re: Southpaw Grammar Re-release

Hi there,

I have joined this forum with one question specifically - i read a few weeks ago on C4 Teletext that SG was being Re-issed on July 14th with 3 new tracks.

However, i asked it HMV today & they didn't have any news on it - can anyone shed any light?

Much appreciated.

Welcome. I don't know the exact release date, but Southpaw Grammar is being re-released with those extra tracks in the near future. I'm sure someone else can furnish you with further details about it. :)

Re: Southpaw Grammar Re-release

Well as far as we know it's been put back to a time we don't yet know. That's all we know. That we don't know.

Any news on the Southpaw reissue?

Whatever happened to the SonyBMG reissue of Southpaw Grammar including 3 unreleased tracks? The link to the 'official store' leads to Townsend Records; they announched the reissure for a July 7th release, but now it has been removed at all... anyone who knows more??

I remember that Southpaw should have been re-released in Japan a few years ago, also with bonus tracks, which did not happen, too.

Also, the very special Morrissey release on morrisseydirect.com - is half a year still 'coming soon'??

Ah i see that my new thread i put in the Collectors Corner has been moved and was was merged with another one which was older - good idea in general, but makes me look like a fool asking questions already asked within a thread. Should be marked as 'moved'..

So i see that noone really knows anything new. I do believe that - when it finally sees the light of day - the two B-Side tracks of the Dagenham Dave single will be included. RCA does not have much material on hand to include, so the additions may be unfinished demos.

Remember, that The Boy Racer MXCD only included live tracks. So if they had additional tracks on their hand worth to release, they would have used them, wouldn't they?

Remember, that The Boy Racer MXCD only included live tracks. So if they had additional tracks on their hand worth to release, they would have used them, wouldn't they?

They had at least two additional tracks with lyrics and relatively finished, but for some reason probably known only to Morrissey, he decided not to release them at the time.

Stephane

Re: Tracklisting for new version of Southpaw?

Someone's posted the following anonymously on the main site. Looks rather tantalising. A 12 song version is quite feasible.
And surely Moz won't be able to resist including Nobody Loves Us, one of his best ever songs...

Boy Racer
Do your Best and Don't Worry
Reader meet Author
Honey, you know where to find me
Dagenham Dave
Southpaw
Best Friend on the Payroll
Fantastic Bird
Teachers are Afraid of the Pupils
The Operation
You Should have been Nice to me
Nobody Loves Us

Any news on the release date?

This would be an odd tracklisting, given that "Honey" and "You Should" are from the Maladjusted sessions, and "Fantastic Bird" was from the Your Arsenal sessions.

'Honey' and 'You Should' were most certainly from the Southpaw Sessions.
I was there...

So it has to be Honey, Nice To Me and....

...well, there were 2 instrumentals from that session as well, maybe one of them with lyrics and a title we've yet to hear of?

"I remember that Southpaw should have been re-released in Japan a few years ago, also with bonus tracks, which did not happen, too."

Having only heard speculation from whats been said in the forums and the odd repeated mention on some websites, im suspicious this will happen at all folks. It's either been delayed or shelved last minute due to some legal / political nonsense or some shite or it's been scrapped altogether.

I for one love the Southpaw album and fully welcome the idea of a a re-release with bonus material to boot but at the moment, i reckon we'll experience the new album and tour long before any "re-release". But will happily eat pie if proven wrong :D

I for one love the Southpaw album and fully welcome the idea of a a re-release with bonus material to boot but at the moment, i reckon we'll experience the new album and tour long before any "re-release". But will happily eat pie if proven wrong :D

As far as I know this is still happening... so what sort of pie is it going to be? I say you should choose apple because...

Stephane

As far as I know this is still happening... so what sort of pie is it going to be? I say you should choose apple because...

Stephane

Then consider my jaws chomping on apples come september-time-ish

I think The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils puts a lot of people off from the very start. I just start at track 2 now, and play it through to the end. Best Friend on the Payroll and Southpaw are excellent songs.

Agreed, I start at the second track, also. "The Teachers" is a poor lead-in to a fine album. It belongs near the end. The Boy Racer is a great driving song and Reader Meet Author is one of my favorites on the album.

The whole album is a masterpiece and Morrisseys finest solowork. In my opinion. This rerelease is the best thing that could have happened.

So it has to be Honey, Nice To Me and....

...well, there were 2 instrumentals from that session as well, maybe one of them with lyrics and a title we've yet to hear of?

Love the Sig!

Roll on the 25th!

(Later release in Scotland than US. Boo!)

I actually find myself listening to Southpaw and Maladjusted more then another other Moz albums these days..Oh if he would only play "Do Your Best and Don't Worry" or "Satan Rejected My Soul" again live :guitar:

Tags
southpaw grammar
Back
Top Bottom