So what's happening in 2024?

T. H. Auden

No bus, no boss, no rain, no train
No news, no songs, no album, no tour
No tweets, no strife in store for '24?
No controversial statements (to implore)?
All quiet before the storm's great roar?
Or perhaps there's something more?
In the silent shroud, enigmas brew,
a pause in the tale, or a story anew?

No bus, no boss, no rain, no train
No news, no songs, no album, no tour
No tweets, no strife in store for '24?
No controversial statements (to implore)?
All quiet before the storm's great roar?
Or perhaps there's something more?
In the silent shroud, enigmas brew,
a pause in the tale, or a story anew?
You reminded me of Pete Shelley's rider for The Buzzcocks...

"No Moet, no show, no Chandon, no band on"

Enjoying Enjoy Life GIF

Much needed rest, making lists of the best
Recalling the past, oh what a blast
Dreams of the stage, and melodies to sing
Then sure enough, the telephone rings........

Part of me wants Moz to kick back into high gear with his new management: get 'Bonfire' and 'Without Music' released and get back on the road NOW.

Another part thinks it might actually be of longer-term benefit to take the rest of the year off, have a really hard think about where he wants the next (possibly final?) stage of his career to go, his legacy etc, and come back with an entirely new band, new behind the scenes team, and new attitude, in 2025. Sometimes you have to go away for a bit to actually make people miss you and be excited to have you back.

How sad are we
And how sad have we been?

It’s a dreadful pity that Morrissey has two albums that, for whatever reason(s), aren’t being released.

I find it hard to believe.

We’ll miss him when he’s gone.

How sad are we
And how sad have we been?

It’s a dreadful pity that Morrissey has two albums that, for whatever reason(s), aren’t being released.

I find it hard to believe.

We’ll miss him when he’s gone.
We've been here before, some of the songs on Quarry were written in 99 weren't they? Stuff that ended up on World Peace was written in 2010/11, Low around 2015 etc.

It'll come out, it's the fact it hasn't leaked I find weird.

We've been here before, some of the songs on Quarry were written in 99 weren't they? Stuff that ended up on World Peace was written in 2010/11, Low around 2015 etc.

It'll come out, it's the fact it hasn't leaked I find weird.
Anytime you want to compare the current situation to times in the past, remember that he's 64 now. Can he still go several more years without a contract and then bounce back with a great album? Unless the situation changes relatively soon, WMTWD might be the last album he records. Agreed on being surprised that BOT has not leaked.

Anytime you want to compare the current situation to times in the past, remember that he's 64 now. Can he still go several more years without a contract and then bounce back with a great album? Unless the situation changes relatively soon, WMTWD might be the last album he records. Agreed on being surprised that BOT has not leaked.

He's old - so it's not going to be the same as Quarry. But, it's not too late to have a well recieved cultural "moment" - a single, album, a documetary - something like that.

Interested what makes you think that?

Most of the folks on here actually don’t like Morrissey, they say he’s changed. So we could imagine that he’s dead to them. And yet, like vultures, they continue to circle this site, and come swooping down to feed on any opportunity to criticize him, as if it was necessary, and beneficial to anyone.

Most of the folks on here actually don’t like Morrissey, they say he’s changed. So we could imagine that he’s dead to them. And yet, like vultures, they continue to circle this site, and come swooping down to feed on any opportunity to criticize him, as if it was necessary, and beneficial to anyone.
What absolute shite. What do you even mean by “like Morrissey”? I don’t know him, how do I know if I like him or not? I like the music he makes, although there is more shit in recent years. But that happens to all singers/groups. I love R.E.M., but never listen to Around The Sun because it’s shit, whereas I listen to Monster all the time. I never listen to World Peace…, but love Your Arsenal. Criticising Morrissey doesn’t mean you hate him. He’s not above criticism, despite what some of the brain-dead lemmings on here might think.

The only person on this site who hates Morrissey is UncleSkinny, and he’s mental.

Strange isn't it, how people aren't allowed to change. George Harrison said the same thing in one of his songs:

It's funny how people, just won't accept change
As if nature itself - they'd prefer re-arranged

The truth of the matter is, you're under no obligation to be the person you were five minutes ago.

Change is the only constant of life.

For anyone interested, George also said the following:

"People say I'm the Beatle who changed the most, but to me, that's what life's about. I'll tell you one thing for sure: once you get to the point where you're actually doing things for truth's sake, then nobody can ever touch you again because you're harmonizing with a greater power"

Strange isn't it, how people aren't allowed to change. George Harrison said the same thing in one of his songs:

It's funny how people, just won't accept change
As if nature itself - they'd prefer re-arranged

The truth of the matter is, youre under no obligation to be the person you were 5 minutes ago.

Change is the only constant of life.

For anyone interested, George also said the following:

"People say I'm the Beatle who changed the most, but to me, that's what life's about. I'll tell you one thing for sure: once you get to the point where you're actually doing things for truth's sake, then nobody can ever touch you again because you're harmonizing with a greater power"
He is allowed to change. Most normal-thinking people who are Morrissey fans accept that he has changed. It would be f***ing weird if he hadn’t changed since 1983. The lonely, creepy, “I want to mother little Mozi-Wozi” (mostly) women on here are the ones who can’t grasp that. They think he’s still some poofy little bookworm who spends 22 hours a day crying in his bedroom. He’s an old gay man who loves getting pissed. I doubt he has read a book since writing his own. Good for him.

Most normal-thinking people who are Morrissey fans accept that he has changed. It would be f***ing weird if he hadn’t changed since 1983.

I actually don't think that's the case.

I think there will be many Morrissey fans who are disturbed by the last 10 years of change, but more specifically the last 5 years.

If people are quite merrily divorcing their spouses because they are 'not the same person' they married, then why would they be any less fickle towards their favourite musical artist? In fact, they would in theory have far less loyalty to Morrissey.

Whilst I don't believe they would expect him to be the same as he was in 1983, I think it's actually the type of change they dislike.

Interesting you mentioned reading books, because when I was reflecting on the plane incident that occurred recently, I couldnt help thinking that the Morrissey of old would have just seen a flight delay as an opportunity to enjoy a book until they landed.

Last edited:
He is allowed to change. Most normal-thinking people who are Morrissey fans accept that he has changed. It would be f***ing weird if he hadn’t changed since 1983. The lonely, creepy, “I want to mother little Mozi-Wozi” (mostly) women on here are the ones who can’t grasp that. They think he’s still some poofy little bookworm who spends 22 hours a day crying in his bedroom. He’s an old gay man who loves getting pissed. I doubt he has read a book since writing his own. Good for him.
Just remembered...there is You Tube footage of him arriving in Mexico or South America in 2017 and he is carrying a book as he stalks mega-star fashion through the airport!

Judas Priest are about to embark on a new tour to promote a new album and they’re in their 70’s.

Just remembered...there is You Tube footage of him arriving in Mexico or South America in 2017 and he is carrying a book as he stalks mega-star fashion through the airport!
I must have missed that. Videos of Morrissey walking through Mexican airports don’t often come up in my YouTube recommendations.

This reminds me of the Q magazine interview with Stuart Maconie, April 1994, where he answers the question What do you read? with "Nothing at all. I've given it up. It was giving me yellow jaundice. I've stopped. What's the point? I know everything."

Back
Top Bottom