Smiths Headline Offer For This Year's Coachella Festival Refused By Morrissey; ticket update - TTY

Ticket update; Morrissey has refused a Smiths headline offer for this year's Coachella Festival - true-to-you.net

17 January 2013

Morrissey's show in Portland OR at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall (March 8) has now sold out.

Tickets for Morrissey at the Los Angeles Staples Center on March 1st are 97% sold at 11,813.

Morrissey has refused a Smiths headline offer for this year's Coachella Festival.

UPDATE Jan. 18:

MORRIZSEY posted the link:

Ticket update - true-to-you.net
18 January 2013

Morrissey's show at the Capitol Theater in Port Chester (January 19) is sold out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Smiths Headline Offer For This Year's Coachella Festival Refused By Morrissey - T

:laughing:

The way he has his people put press releases together is rich.

I ain't bothered !!!! Look at my face ??? Look at it !! Go on. . . . . . . look at my face !!! I AIN'T BOTHERED.

Another lazy un-pro statement from T i T Y! Headline does not match the "statement" properly.

CHEAP n NASTY

Re: Smiths Headline Offer For This Year's Coachella Festival Refused By Morrissey - T

And why should fans care about any of this? Who is the intended audience of this press release, fans that dislike The Smiths and are pleased with the non-reformation? Record label execs that want an act that could be headlining Coachella for millions but instead is selling out some medium sized concert halls?

I am being serious, what is the motivation?

Morrissey is the most cripplingly insecure music artist I've ever come across. Why else would he feel the need to report exact percentages of tickets sold, or list his every minute mention in newspapers and magazines as though they were enormous accolades? Talking about needing self-validation...

Last edited:

And why should fans care about any of this? Who is the intended audience of this press release, fans that dislike The Smiths and are pleased with the non-reformation? Record label execs that want an act that could be headlining Coachella for millions but instead is selling out some medium sized concert halls?

He is saying, "I AM relevant! I AM successful! Look at me being relevant and successful! The naysayers are deluded...".

He is saying, "I AM relevant! I AM successful! Look at me being relevant and successful! The naysayers are deluded...".

Probably also a shout out to record companies. "Look people still love me! Look at all the good press! Now give me lots of money in a good deal!"

:laughing:

The way he has his people put press releases together is rich.

'Please Sir !!. . . . . . . . . .Can I have some more ? '

the smiths will never ever make a return,and im so glad,we dont want to go down the same road as the stone roses,totally sell out,bocoming uncool,the smiths are best left as the greatest band ever to grace the uk shores,and the most important band of all time,morrissey must keep it solo.

the smiths will never ever make a return,and im so glad,we dont want to go down the same road as the stone roses,totally sell out,bocoming uncool,the smiths are best left as the greatest band ever to grace the uk shores,and the most important band of all time,morrissey must keep it solo.

Yes, because it is better that he sell-out and become uncool as a solo artist...:lbf:

Hi Psychic Nigel here. Now then let me guess

Am gettin the word.......!!!! wait !! it's comin !!! Am gettin the words. .. . . . . . . .P . . . . . . . . . . .pp. . . . . . . . . .Pew. . . . . . . . . . .Puberty!!!. . . . . sp. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . Spotty. . . . . . . . . . . . . . I've got it !! Spotty-face? ? ? .? Am I right ? ? ? Awe bless it'll soon go.
I feel your pain ! I feel your shame ! Your NOT to blame.

how did you pass the human verification?? :crazy:

:lbf: must have taken u all week to make that one up,the train line is not too far away if your life gets any worse,suicide is ppp painless:thumb:

I'm guessing the motivation is to prevent people from speculating about it from now 'til Coachella happens, and to save him the bother of having to respond to questions about it. And yes, maybe to let record labels know that he's not willing to do it. The thing is, it doesn't really answer anyone's questions with finality. It leaves open the possibility that maybe they'd consider some other offer.

:lbf: must have taken u all week to make that one up,the train line is not too far away if your life gets any worse,suicide is ppp painless:thumb:

You just concentrate on keeping your pores clean and grease free ok and don't worry about girls there's plenty time for that it's not a race, never mind what your mates say they always tell lies you stick to making tents for now ok.

Will Moz come to England this year? Anyone got any predictions on this? I bloody hope so, I missed him in Manchester last year as I was abroad at the wrong time!

Will Moz come to England this year? Anyone got any predictions on this? I bloody hope so, I missed him in Manchester last year as I was abroad at the wrong time!

On the contrary bluemozz you was away at the right time you did'nt miss anything new so your quids in should he come up with some new stuff.

I think what is truly ironic about his distaste for Morrissey-solo is the unspoken fact that he needs these "plaudits" and "accomplishments" to filter over from true-to-you for the the music press to pick up on them - they are much more likely to use Solo as their go-to for Morrissey information. His latest statement in the Pittsburgh interview is yet another negative affirmation of this fact. In a certain sense, all he needs is US.

I'm confused as to what point this discussion turned to the topic of acne?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom