Morrissey Central "SHAKE THE HAND THAT SHOOK THE HAND" (January 5, 2024)

Meetings most prized, when the
pleasure and privilege was mine:
pressing palms, exuding charms;
times gone …
by Morrissey

full

Joan Collins and Anthony Newley.

1.Anthony Newley
2.Richard Attenborough
3.Lou Reed
4.Peter Wyngarde
5.Nancy Sinatra
6.David Bowie
7.Nico
8.Tom Jones
9.Marianne Faithfull
10.Richard Davalos
11.Eve Arden
12.Dick Gregory
13.Joan Collins
14.Cliff Richard
15.Luchiani Pavarotti
16.Ennio Morricone
17.Pat Phoenix
18.Mick Ronson
19.Iggy Pop
20.Martin Sheen
21.Pete Townshend
22.Mick Jagger
23.Jeff Beck
24.Al Martino
25.Victoria Wood
26.Joel Fabiani
27.Patti Smith
28.William Shatner
29.Rita Tushingham
30.Alan Bennett
31.David Bailey
32.Mel Gibson
33.Elaine Stritch
34.Vanessa Redgrave
35.Buffy Sainte-Marie
36.Paul Simon
37.Johnny Carson
38.Cathy McGowan
39.Kenny Lynch
40. Eartha Kitt
41.Jackson Browne
42.Joni Mitchell
43.Charles Pierce
44.David Johansen
45.Johnny Thunders
46.Mavis Nicholson
47.Leee Black Childers
48.Lauren Bacall
49.Dora Bryan
50.Joan Sims
51.Melvyn Bragg
52.Marc Bolan

Joel Fabiani and Peter Wyngarde in Department S

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s nice when a person meets their heroes
But this post , for me , is more evidence that morrissey post 50s is a husk of a human. Just like what his autobiography showed

I mean shite , the man has been famous since he was 23 of course he is going to meet famous people .
It’s kinda pathetic to mention it even.
Not to mention a grown man in his 60s who thinks this is either a boast or news .must have the most hollow of lives
Nobody cares about this stuff when they grow up . You would think he would see past it by now. All his pop culture stuff was great in the smiths and early solo career. Because it was in its place , he was about deeper things then . Now he just posts these stupid ass brags and says dumb Jimmy Dore type conspiracy rubbish .
By the way it’s obvious he sends copy to Dodwell tells her what to write . So from what she writes we can tell how he wants to be seen . The tragic part is he WAS all these good things she says about him at one point . But that 30 years ago

I think it's interesting for fans. I found it interesting.

It's pathetic for him to make a list like this and post it to his site so people like you can be super impressed because you think it's so cool and unusual. It's not.
Easy, precious. Try being nice. Give it a go. You never know.
gollum-more-than-hack-slash.jpg

The top five people from this list I’d like to meet:
1. Nancy Sinatra (and talk about her dad)
2. Iggy Pop
3. Alan Bennett
4. Nico
5. Dick Gregory

If that is all it was, is Moz not cheating a bit by suggesting he met Marc Bolan?

My list, of famous people I have met and actually had a conversation with of some kind, in descending order of fame or celebrity:

1. Liam Neeson
2. Edson Gomes (famous in Brazil!!)
3. Michael Palin
4. Stephen Fry
5. Frank Bruno
6. Graham Norton
7. Gerry Adams
8. Sean Hughes
9. Suggs
10. Jeremy Corbyn
11. Adam Deacon
12. Angus MacNeil

There is a story to all of the above, but best kept for conversation at a party. I also had a conversation with the chap walking along with a furrowed brow in the Panic video directed by Derek Jarman. Never knew his name.
Having had the massive and frankly unfair advantage of working in 5 star hotels in London for 7 years in the 90s here goes:

Johnny Depp
Mickey Rourke
Woody Harrelson
Ted Danson
Robbie Williams
Chris Eubank
Boris Becker
Claudia Schiffer
Linda Evangelista
Kate Moss
Gwyneth Paltrow
Karl Largerfeld
Victoria Beckham
Eric Cantona
Angelia Jolie
John Galliano
Issac Mizrahi
Alexander McQueen
Mario Testino
Courtney Cox
Terri Hatcher
Catherine Zeta Jones
Iggy Pop
Elvis Costello
Kate Winslet
Kate Beckinsale
Liam and Noel
John Cusack
Robert DeNiro
Michael Mann
Paul Schrader (complete weirdo.)

f*** loads more if I put my mind to it and I know I'm forgetting some really major names off the list.

A notable mention for a fleeting passing of Madonna.

Met some other people outside of hotels, most memorably Peter O'Toole twice in the same day and of course a couple of meetings with his holiness The Moz.

Nice, but next I think Morrissey should publish a list of all his enemies/people he's fallen out with, ranked in order of how much he hates them. That would be more interesting at this stage. :)

Really strange post, especially because it is marked as coming directly from Morrissey. Does he use Central with such posts as his personal reminder of his life like a diary of some sorts? I don't get it. Yeah, he met them, so what, because he certainly has met a lot of celebrities in his life being one himself. The only thing that would be slightly interesting about that is if he shared little anecdotes about these meetings. Why would he post something like that? To impress the reader/public? That would be very strange, because he isn't just starting out his career and even then it would be slightly begging/bragging for attention. But I don't find another explanation for that, other than to brag or to remind himself of his life. And both options are kinda sad. Maybe he just really enjoys making lists, but there are far better topics for that!

Nice, but next I think Morrissey should publish a list of all his enemies/people he's fallen out with, ranked in order of how much he hates them. That would be more interesting at this stage. :)

As much as that would be interesting, I imagine it'd be a LONG list. Personally, I don't think I'd like to spend hours and hours reading a list of names. Sorry.

Really strange post, especially because it is marked as coming directly from Morrissey.

Very strange, considering that he supposedly is the only one that posts on Central.

Does he use Central with such posts as his personal reminder of his life like a diary of some sorts? I don't get it. Yeah, he met them, so what, because he certainly has met a lot of celebrities in his life being one himself. The only thing that would be slightly interesting about that is if he shared little anecdotes about these meetings. Why would he post something like that? To impress the reader/public? That would be very strange, because he isn't just starting out his career and even then it would be slightly begging/bragging for attention. But I don't find another explanation for that, other than to brag or to remind himself of his life. And both options are kinda sad. Maybe he just really enjoys making lists, but there are far better topics for that!

I read on here a long time ago that stallone went to see him backstage,just shows how many of these people he has met.
no gilbert o Sullivan.
Aged 77 now, Gilbert O' Sullivan was just presented with the Freedom of Waterford City.
"It's special because I'm a local boy," he said on RTÉ's Morning Ireland this morning. "Although we left Ireland when I was eight years old, I always loved coming back," he said.

Aged 77 now, Gilbert O' Sullivan was just presented with the Freedom of Waterford City.

Gilbert O Sullivan is an absolutely lovely guy and a certified class act. I saw him live in November and he gave a lovely, quaint little performance. He signed one of my records and was overall very warm and kind

CC74349F-73AF-462B-BF12-27784CA8ABC0.jpeg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom