Sex 'n' Lyrics 6 - I Can Have Both

i totally get what youre saying. my personal opinion is that women kinda scare him in a way. i get this impression from the song "pretty girls make graves." ....shes too rough and im too delicate. i think its more of a fear or intimidation of woman as opposed to an attraction issue. i have a feeling Moz has been sexually attracted to plenty of woman, but just didnt know what the hell to do! i think he just feels more comfortable with men. this is just the impression i get from his lyrics and whatnot.

as always, i dont care either way. whatever makes him happy. :)

That may be true, but I think we have to remember that it was 25 years ago when he sang those lines...

Without going back and citing lyrics, I can just say that I think women scare the shit out of him. I think it's true, men are much easier to figure out because they're usually more forthright with what they're thinking and feeling and don't like to confuse things by reading too deeply into them. I think men are very face-value, which is really much easier to deal with. Women are all about nuance and intent and subtext. I don't think I'd like to be in a romantic relationship with a woman, it would be too exhausting. Men might not always be honest, but they're not too hard to figure out. If a guy says he wants a sandwich, it means that he's hungry and would like a sandwich. It's not a test to see if you remember that three weeks ago he mentioned that, while he likes sandwiches, he's really much more into Panini at the moment, and how dare you not remember that.

This is funny, b/c I was just saying this exact same thing to someone last night and I don't think I was winning the argument, so to speak. I agree completely with this comment. Women are so hard to figure out, on our best days. I think of myself as pretty low maintenance but I know I drive my OH insane sometimes and I absolutely don't mean to do it, and don't even realize it when I do half the time. I do think Moz loves and is potentially interested in women, but after all this time he may have just about given up on finding one that doesn't make him want to beat his head against a wall. And, he wrote Girlfriend in a Coma. The person who wrote Girlfriend in a Coma has had some girlfriends. ;)

That may be true, but I think we have to remember that it was 25 years ago when he sang those lines...

this is true, BUT I have not come across any lyrics since, that have completely refuted the suggestion that he is making in this particular song.

look, i know i live 3,000 miles aways but you cant have me anyway.

I would prefer the ice cream...if I had to choose...

I agree with an earlier post - this song is about as confessional as he has ever been. It's so obvious (in my book, anyway).

Peter

this is true, BUT I have not come across any lyrics since, that have completely refuted the suggestion that he is making in this particular song.

I agree. That doesn't, however, prove anything. Morrissey doesn't have to write a new song everytime his mentality or opinion on a subject changes.

This is a silly argument, really. There is no way of us to know.

Without going back and citing lyrics, I can just say that I think women scare the shit out of him. I think it's true, men are much easier to figure out because they're usually more forthright with what they're thinking and feeling and don't like to confuse things by reading too deeply into them. I think men are very face-value, which is really much easier to deal with. Women are all about nuance and intent and subtext. I don't think I'd like to be in a romantic relationship with a woman, it would be too exhausting. Men might not always be honest, but they're not too hard to figure out. If a guy says he wants a sandwich, it means that he's hungry and would like a sandwich. It's not a test to see if you remember that three weeks ago he mentioned that, while he likes sandwiches, he's really much more into Panini at the moment, and how dare you not remember that.

dead on.

Remember those letters he wrote to his Scottish pen pal before he was famous? He said he was bisexual. I believe him.

Plus... My gaydar tells me he's bisexual. Doesn't yours? It's all in his eyes.

Morrissey interview, early 90's, answered in response to a question enquiring if he ever pursued anyone sexually - - "I wrote letters. Girls and boys..."

He is the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar, for one thing.

For another, he is probably nigh-on impossible to be in a relationship with.

He might have had a lover or two, but he's no libertine. Someone would have talked in twenty five years, if there had been more than the merest handful.

He might have had a lover or two, but he's no libertine. Someone would have talked in twenty five years, if there had been more than the merest handful.

Hahha..He's probably being blackmailed...which would explain why he's so adamant about not giving Mike Joyce any money

Hahha..He's probably being blackmailed...which would explain why he's so adamant about not giving Mike Joyce any money

That doesn't make sense. What could he have possibly have done that's so bad he'd pay to keep it quiet.

Oh shit. He could be a raging psychopath. Oh well.

That doesn't make sense. What could he have possibly have done that's so bad he'd pay to keep it quiet.

Oh shit. He could be a raging psychopath. Oh well.

Of course it doesn't make sense..it was a joke...

But seriously..he must end his relationships on very good terms..I mean imagine the money people would be paid to talk...

But seriously..he must end his relationships on very good terms..I mean imagine the money people would be paid to talk...

Yep. This wouldn't even be a regular sex scandal, this would be 'CELIBATE MORRISSEY' sex scandal.

He's a national figure in the UK, the right story with all the details and proof, could command a six-figure sum I would imagine.

Back
Top Bottom