"Screwed up Morrisey poster" by Banksy forthcoming to his shop "GrossDomesticProduct"

Swipe to picture 6

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone and everyone involved in the east village arts scene in nyc in the early 80s knows Banksy stole Richard Hambletons amazing art, ideas and concepts and easily made them his. He is a bandit. He is the Lady Gaga of the art world.
There was nothing like seeing a Hambleton figure on the lower east side at night in 81. Scared the wits out of you. He was the original.

B. should have included his own picture to the gross store . Along with the Kardashians .the royals of England. Djt. And all the gross rapp music that is really Gross!

Anyone and everyone involved in the east village arts scene in nyc in the early 80s knows Banksy stole Richard Hambletons amazing art, ideas and concepts and easily made them his. He is a bandit. He is the Lady Gaga of the art world.
There was nothing like seeing a Hambleton figure on the lower east side at night in 81. Scared the wits out of you. He was the original.
Yes, bankroll is an opportunist then and now Morrissey makes him relevant. Some of his early work is clever but he's definately in it for the cash. Not surprised he jumps on the media bandwagon. Underground srtist-not.

It would be a pretty neat joke from Banksy if when people did buy this for a ton of cash (presumably angry Guardian readers), they unscrewed the poster, and found it really was for some completely made up artist named 'Morrisey'. :lbf:

Metropolitan liberal elite

someone should go and graffiti all over his shop. see how he likes it. fake as.

You may not like Banksy but to say an artist who appeals to the general public and the collectible art market is an irrelevance proves how much of a thick-o you really are.
modern art is rubbish,where have I heard that before.true story,an art gallery in japan,a big crowd of people looking at a wallet on the floor,all discussing the merits of the installation,guy walks over and picks up his wallet that he had dropped a few minutes earlier.

Last edited:
Banksy opens a "shop" to stop someone using the Banksy name/trademark.

He then starts selling screwed-up Morrissey posters as "art".

However, to avoid any legal issues from the use of Morrissey's name, he spells Morrissey incorrectly.

In short, he's using Morrissey to make money. Just like the company that wanted to use the Banksy trademark.

What's the bets that Banksy's a right f***ing snowflake?

Saying all the right things and ticking all the right boxes.

Establishment good boys don't interest me.

I prefer a whiff of danger.

Has Banksy ever said or done anything truly rebellious in his entire life from private school onwards, or has he just followed the establishment path of being good and making lots of money?

Morrissey speaks the truth - which is the most dangerous act you can commit nowadays.

Has Banksy ever said or done anything truly rebellious in his entire life from private school onwards, or has he just followed the establishment path of being good and making lots of money?

Morrissey speaks the truth - which is the most dangerous act you can commit nowadays.
He's basically over hyped, non controversial wallpaper. There I've just named his latest product. You're welcome Wanksy.

I don’t understand the mindset of the modern left. You must be pretty well-placed in society to endorse the by any means necessary crap that they use. And then attack one of the few artists to say something about it.

Back
Top Bottom