Morrissey Central "SAY IT LOUD, SAY IT LOUD MALADJUSTED AND PROUD" (March 17, 2024)

cbb9cf16172cb9ad91d87a1ed724dd9119131b04.jpg

ed98fee0886e47f5fe97275b55208919ddc85744.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be able to resist buying Maladjusted if it had the blue wall photo on the front. He looks so cold and so hot!

Morrissey you are one of my favorite artists of all time and I hope your new album is coming out soon!

I wouldn't be able to resist buying Maladjusted if it had the blue wall photo on the front. He looks so cold and so hot!
Please stop objectifying Mozi.
Do you talk about buying the albums of female artists just because they’ve got their la-las out on the front cover? Disgusting.

I think if you're not maladjusted seeing all that's going on around you then there is something much more serious wrong with you mentally.

Jiddu Krishnamurti talked about this subject a lot:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Is society healthy, that an individual should return to it? Has not society itself helped to make the individual unhealthy? Of course, the unhealthy must be made healthy, that goes without saying; but why should the individual adjust himself to an unhealthy society? If he is healthy, he will not be a part of it. Without first questioning the health of society, what is the good of helping misfits to conform to society? - Commentaries on Living Series 3 (1960)

To help the individual to fit into a society which is ever at war with itself – is this what psychologists and analysts are supposed to do? Is the individual to be healed only in order to kill or be killed? If one is not killed, or driven insane, then must one only fit into the structure of hate, envy, ambition and superstition which can be very scientific? - Attributed to Krishnamurti in Mark Vonnegut's (Kurt Vonnegut’s son) book The Eden Express: A Memoir of Insanity (1975).

The real hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal. Many of them are normal because they are so well adjusted to our mode of existence, because their human voice has been silenced so early in their lives that they do not even struggle or suffer or develop symptoms as the neurotic does. They are normal not in what may be called the absolute sense of the word; they are normal only in relation to a profoundly abnormal society. Their perfect adjustment to that abnormal society is a measure of their mental sickness. These millions of abnormally normal people, living without fuss in a society to which, if they were fully human beings, they ought not to be adjusted. - Brave New World Revisited (1958) - Aldous Huxley.

Henry Miller (who was inspired by Krishnamurti), from his travelogue The Colossus of Maroussi (1941): There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy.

We love you, M. Never change. 🖤

Lou was sent by his parents to a mental hospital as a teen to cure him of his ‘maladjustments’ with meds and electroshock treatment, thank god it didn’t work.

Lou was sent by his parents to a mental hospital as a teen to cure him of his ‘maladjustments’ with meds and electroshock treatment, thank god it didn’t work.

It actually did work, he had mental ailments since he was a child, then had a nervous breakdown in college, for which he was treated. He was then able to actually function again with few incidents.

you have to be maladjusted these days to survive in this crazy conflicted world.
maladjusted is a very good album,there is a rawness to it and there is trouble love me,ammunition, and alma matters,what more could you want.

The record is a lyrically wild and at times disturbing ride with music that has a lot of grandeur. Great ballads, potential hit singles and marvellous album tracks. One last time (?) we listened spellbound to the well produced and omnipresent jangle of Whyte and Boorer. When I first heard Alma on a US radio station at the end of July, my grandfather had just passed away and I cried because I was completely overwhelmed by the moment and this incredibly wistful anthem. Only IBEH and You have killed me created similar moments (musically) later on. Maladjusted was out of time in 1997 and only a few people could handle it. It was his goodbye to the 90s.

i was sitting at a pool in ibiza in 97 on a roasting hot day when alma matters came over the huge poolside speakers and that was really the day i really became an M fan,i was a fan of the smiths in the 80s but this seemed a bit more grown up with a cleaner sound.vivamozz.

i was sitting at a pool in ibiza in 97 on a roasting hot day when alma matters came over the huge poolside speakers and that was really the day i really became an M fan,i was a fan of the smiths in the 80s but this seemed a bit more grown up with a cleaner sound.vivamozz.
Sounds like a perfect holiday.

you have to be maladjusted these days to survive in this crazy conflicted world.
maladjusted is a very good album,there is a rawness to it and there is trouble love me,ammunition, and alma matters,what more could you want.
The title track is brilliant too!

An album that I re visit on a regular basis. The re issue was fantastic and I loved the new sleeve with the map and lyrics on the inside cover. The title track is one of my all time favourites, such dramatic menace. "Heir Apparent" "I can have Both" were cracking B sides. "Satan", and "Roys' Keen" I still always search out.

Maladjusted was such a disappointment to me when it was released. I kinda like the title track and Trouble loves me. Don’t care for any of the other songs.

The way it’s recorded baffles me. Like they recorded it through a brick wall. It sounds dull and muffled.

Horrible cover art as well.

A masterpiece, featuring his best ever single (Alma, not Roy’s Keen), and perhaps his greatest song in Trouble Loves Me.

The original sleeve art seemed a bit odd at the time, but now it adds to the record’s charm, for me.

A vinyl re-release of the CD re-release should be released with a recovery of the first cover, and the Interlude cover included.

Back
Top Bottom