Sara Gilbert wears The Smiths with Carmen Vandenberg

Via Camila:
camgrey-24022024-0002.jpg

Rosanne Barr is the reason this woman is famous, as with all the other members of the cast. John Goodman and this woman were nowhere to be seen after Rosanne was hung out to dry. Another JK Rowling moment, hoards of people who have literally bought their houses because of this woman now sending her to the wolves. Whether you agree with her or not, thats pretty shady.
That was terrible, I agree, and it was over nothing, the comment was funny, but she apologized.

We are once again at that sad stage in the world of Morrissey where 'C' list celebrities are making news here by wearing a Smiths tee shirt, and it's not even a good shirt.

the person who drew this shirt has obviously taken the image from a photo of M,i dont even know what era this could be from,his hair isnt right for the smiths and the look isnt really early solo M.

the person who drew this shirt has obviously taken the image from a photo of M,i dont even know what era this could be from,his hair isnt right for the smiths and the look isnt really early solo M.
it's elvis. source photo is on page 1.

It's from the AI era.

Morrissey called Roseanne Barr a 'comic genius' in his autobiography, so I think he must have been a fan of her show, which was truly funny and ground-breaking. I think the whole idea was that it was an ordinary, working-class family, so good-lookers might not have been appropriate. The only real looker was Glenn Quinn (from Dublin), who played a James Dean-style mechanic and sadly died of an overdose. I could imagine Sara's character, Darlene, being a Smiths' fan.

the first three seasons of rosanne are just about the most perfect television of its time. it was an extremely accurate portrayal with the drama taken from real life. one of chuck lorres first jobs as a writer producer i think. season four shows a pretty big shift to keep up the trends of the nineties and the character rosanne looses almost all of her humbleness that underscored her characters appeal up until then. everything had an after school special quality to it after that point that went on until all the characters were eventually ruined. i dont know if ive ever seen another television show be as accurate. they more and more started to add really attractive people to the show when they replaced becky, david was always a really goodlooking child / teen, the girl next door who was darlenes rival was pretty attractive etc

If a thread with Sara Gilbert wearing a Smiths shirt has amassed 50 replies already, I can only imagine the thread that gets posted here when BOT is finally announced as coming out.

In an interview found on the interview disc produced to promote the release of the "You Are The Quarry" album, Morrissey said "I quite like a programme called Roseanne because it's on six times a day and it's quite witty and there isn't much on American television that's witty I must say."

If a thread with Sara Gilbert wearing a Smiths shirt has amassed 50 replies already, I can only imagine the thread that gets posted here when BOT is finally announced as coming out.

Supposedly that’s because Morrissey is irrelevant and not as good as he use to be anymore. I mean, who in the world would still be interested in Morrissey?

… not.

Happy to nudge it towards the century: I quite like her, used to have a bit of a crush.

I’m delighted she’s a Smiths fan—although I think I’m becoming reacquainted with something I knew years ago, and then forgot.

I wonder if he's ashamed of what he did..... The truth is that it passed the waterline, it looks like it has sunk!! Lots of cancellations and zero respect for those of us who are still his fans. For now, I'm still there

I wonder if he's ashamed of what he did..... The truth is that it passed the waterline, it looks like it has sunk!! Lots of cancellations and zero respect for those of us who are still his fans. For now, I'm still there
He’s never been ashamed before, I doubt he’ll start now. He’ll just pick up from where he left off, as and when he feels like it.

The further you step back, the funnier, weirder and more fascinating it all is. And so you start to enjoy him all over again.

We’re caught in a trap, we can’t walk out, because we love him too much, baby.

Back
Top Bottom