Morrissey Central "Roll On 2023" (December 23, 2022)

Morrissey has voluntarily parted company with Maverick/Quest management. Morrissey has also voluntarily withdrawn from any association with Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good. Now Morrissey will either be forced into self releasing, which would be best, or settle for a smaller label.

That’s of course if he’s had enough, and doesn’t stubbornly try to pursue another major label.

Time will tell.

@Erik yes it is sad. But a brighter way to look at it is … maybe this will finally wake Morrissey up to the situation and he’ll realize that if he wants things his way then he’ll have to release it himself.

Which would be best for him and his fans from here on out.

@Erik yes it is sad. But a brighter way to look at it is … maybe this will finally wake Morrissey up to the situation and he’ll realize that if he wants things his way then he’ll have to release it himself.

Which would be best for him and his fans from here on out.
I actually couldn’t agree more.
Do you think it will mean less profit to him or more from a monetary standpoint?

We don't know anything really. How something could be announced & then collapse so quickly, I have no idea. I've never seen it happen with another artist.

Yes, but we haven’t seen another artist like Morrissey. I think every fan from the beginning knows that following Morrissey is not going to be the same as being a fan of other artists. With its highs and lows, this was part of the attraction.

It’s ridiculous, but not so surprising.

Also who paid for the recording session for Bonfire? And who’s going to pay for the recording in France early next year.

We will probably soon get the answer.

Any truth to this? Apparently it was listed on IIP-DDS today.

Could be just another wind up, mind, but since Rebels is still on streaming and not credited to Capitol then anything’s possible.

06E9620D-20A0-4BCA-BAF3-53539FB38B67.jpeg

I actually couldn’t agree more.
Do you think it will mean less profit to him or more from a monetary standpoint?

I have no idea. Hopefully someone we can trust on this subject will chime in.

Though without a major label, he won’t have anyone to blame but himself if the record doesn’t do what he expects it should. So there will be things like that he may have to accept if he releases it himself.

Also who paid for the recording session for Bonfire? And who’s going to pay for the recording in France early next year.

We will probably soon get the answer.
I'm guessing that if the producer of the album makes their own studio available during a pandemic and plays on the album concerned whilst roping in musicians/singers he's currently working with who coincidentally appear as guests on said album - probably equals 'mates rates' at the very least.
(His label was launched post-recording of the album which may explain it not appearing via Watt).
Regards,
FWD.

There’s nothing in that statement to make me think Morrissey is at liberty to do what he wants with the new LP.

Yes, agree. We don’t know what has happened between him and Capitol, and if they both walked away in mutual agreement and M bought, or was given BoT back.

If that’s the case, and while we’re speculating, maybe he’ll re-record those songs with Joe producing.

The curse of BoT !!!

Hopefully he won't try to take Bonfire of Teenagers to that new Andrew Watt label. Gold Tooth—it sounds like something to do with either Nazis or hip-hop. Morrissey should never go anywhere near Watt again. The fact that he's returned to J.C.'s bosom for the next record is heartening (relatively speaking).

What happens to bonfire?
Good question... even when Central actually manages to convey some useful information... it's only about half of what we want to know. Maybe a closing sentence like this, "Morrissey is now looking into self-releasing BOT early in 2023" or "Morrissey is currently seeking a new record deal" or anything that actually tells us what he's going to do?

Last edited:
As I understood it Morrissey paid for the recording and this was to be a licensed release via Capitol?

So ‘licensed release’ means that Capitol doesn’t own it?

Unfortunately we don’t know what kind of contract was agreed upon between M and Capitol.

Back
Top Bottom