Rebels Without Applause single

Sonny Jim

The BOT single Rebels Without Applause? It says copyright Morrisey 2022 under the album. Whats stopping Moz releasing BOT under his own label again?

Img. spotify
Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 01.51.10.png

Last edited:
Where are you looking from? Didn’t it always say copyright Morrissey from the UK?
Some online portals initially cited:
"Capitol Records with exclusive license to UMG Recordings"
They have subsequently changed to:
"℗ 2022 Morrissey, under exclusive license to UMG Recordings"
Or similar.
I bought many versions of the track to share here at the time and some had Capitol Records in the extended ID3 MP3 tags.
If I have time later, will look closely at the Amazon UK one purchased.

Apple are covering all bases currently:

Screenshot_20230615-083943.png

And not forgetting the horse's mouth: Central IG at the time (Nov. 2022):

Morrissey's Rebels Without Applause is available today worldwide (including Britain) on Spotify courtesy of Capitol Records.

Regards,
FWD.

It surprises me that Capitol haven’t pulled this single nor do they seem to plan doing so.

That sets it apart from the World Peace debacle and gives hope to the idea that the contract has not been terminated on both sides. Yet.

Last edited:
How come this single got realeased and not the new album? Was BOT a seperate ordeal? Not been keeping up on details, can't find any on the web

This is not complete - I will get round to it, but will give you an idea:

In a nutshell:
Miley is mentioned on stage re: Veronica vocals (July, 2022). Rebels Without Applause (Nov., 2022) is released/licensed via Capitol as a digital single. A few weeks later: more Miley 'stuff', leaving Maverick, distanced from Capitol & 5+ Central posts there after in to 2023 re: Capitol. The main issues appear to start late 2022 with 'no label' & pushed back released dates and just after Rebels, it escalated.
Regards,
FWD.

Ya would think that releasin' Bonfire Of Teenagers, durin' the new
tour would be a good idea.
People goin' to the shows would be in the mood to buy some new
music by Moz.
If nothin' else, just make it a digital release.
This is when ya need a Turkerator to fix all this nonsense.

Last edited:
Incidentally fact fans, it has now been 272 days since 'Rebels' was released, and still no sign of 'Bonfire'.

Amazing, this does NOT hold the record for longest gap between Morrissey's first single from a studio album, and that album actually being released. That record is held by 'That's How People Grow Up', which was released as the lead single a whopping 378 days before 'Years of Refusal' finally limped out, due to various label issues/delays and the decision to stick a cash-grab Greatest Hits album out in the interim.

So whilst he situation certainly currently looks gloomy, we are not quite in unprecedented waters yet.

Incidentally fact fans, it has now been 272 days since 'Rebels' was released, and still no sign of 'Bonfire'.

Amazing, this does NOT hold the record for longest gap between Morrissey's first single from a studio album, and that album actually being released. That record is held by 'That's How People Grow Up', which was released as the lead single a whopping 378 days before 'Years of Refusal' finally limped out, due to various label issues/delays and the decision to stick a cash-grab Greatest Hits album out in the interim.

So whilst he situation certainly currently looks gloomy, we are not quite in unprecedented waters yet.
Maybe there's hope yet?

I can't quite remember the details but weren't That's How People Grow Up and also All you Need is me from non-album sessions?

I remember it as a surprise that they actually appeared on the album, it seemed to be received as "old tracks used as album fillers" I don't think it was a situation where an album was recorded, singles released yet the album being held back.

More than happy to be wrong though!

Tags
bonfire of teenagers spotify
Back
Top Bottom