Queen Elizabeth II has died, Buckingham Palace announces - BBC (September 8, 2022)

No, YOU f*** off, Peter.

You make EVERYTHING about a singer you profess to not like but are clearly obsessed with.

I recall you being an awful dick on this very site about the premature death of a young man who was a devoted Morrissey fan (sound like someone you know?) a few years ago, so please don’t be such a hypocrite.

I know you think you’re a superior being, or something, but you really don’t have the right to tell others how to feel or react to anything.

If you can be a hateful prick, so can others.

If people on this site don’t care about The Queen, it’s their right to express it, just like it’s yours to bore us all to tears with your hatred of Morrissey year in, year out.

It’s called living in a free world where people have a range of different opinions - a concept i know you struggle with - but get over yourself & stop trying to dictate others behaviour, please.

Personally, I have no strong feelings either way about The Queens passing, but I imagine your former/ongoing first love does….so prepare yourself for a possible statement from him & try not to throw a tantrum about it.

Cheers.
You should send that to Moz.

Look at all the edge lords poking fun at the death of a mother, grandmother and human being, just because their favorite singer used to be obsessed with dissing the royal family. How f***ing disgraceful can you lot be?

May this honorable and decent woman Rest In Peace. I hope she passed knowing she was respected across the globe.

Although I have despised the Royal family, and what it stands for since a lad in shorts, I can’t help feeling a little sad at the death of a woman, who has shown courage, leadership and Damn bloody hard work.
This isn't a dig and I'm genuinely interested, but which parts of her job did you consider "hard work"?

Thats fair enough Carlisle and its great that you appreciate her hard work and dedication to our nation, she was a fabulously hard working woman and must have been in terribly poor health when she met with the exiting and new PM only 2 days ago.
Seen a picture of her on the news from this May, she looked about 80 and very healthy. Then a picture from when she met the new PM on Tuesday, and she looked very frail, so she has deteriorated very quickly.

I’m going to see the Smiths LTD tomorrow night, so will be interesting to gauge the audiences response.

The British tried that for hundreds of years - it tended not to work that well. Which is why I imagine you'll find it hard to get to the bar in some parts of Liverpool or Glasgow, or West Belfast or Dungiven or Newry tonight...
disagree about glasgow,the queen spent more time in scotland than london in her later years,she loved the highlands and most scots have an admitation for her hard work,she visited my town many times.

It's not so odd if you factor in the perspective from outside. America is a wasteful nation, but at least it can be said of us that we don't spend money propping up a needless, absurd, and ceremonial monarchy. The royals, at £102.4 million per year on the taxpayer dime, are frequently said to be one of the biggest welfare families in the world. What service do they provide to justify the expense?

They bring in a hell of a lot more than they cost and ironically a lot of that comes from American tourists.

RIP Elizabeth
She was Queen for 70 years.
That's a heck of a service.

DSC_0290.jpg
Genius.

Although I have despised the Royal family, and what it stands for since a lad in shorts, I can’t help feeling a little sad at the death of a woman, who has shown courage, leadership and Damn bloody hard work.
You do know that wasn’t her gloved hand, doing the waving?

Look at all the edge lords poking fun at the death of a mother, grandmother and human being, just because their favorite singer used to be obsessed with dissing the royal family. How f***ing disgraceful can you lot be?

Who's "poking fun"? All some people are saying is that you're not required to mourn the death of someone you don't know and someone whose station you disapprove of. I'm not going to care if Kim Kardashian dies either. The royals are essentially the Kardashians with tradition.

May this honorable and decent woman Rest In Peace. I hope she passed knowing she was respected across the globe.

I'm sure she did. She spent her life waving to adoring crowds across the globe.

It's not so odd if you factor in the perspective from outside. America is a wasteful nation, but at least it can be said of us that we don't spend money propping up a needless, absurd, and ceremonial monarchy. The royals, at £102.4 million per year on the taxpayer dime, are frequently said to be one of the biggest welfare families in the world. What service do they provide to justify the expense?
You may need to do a little more research into the royal funding and how it works

This isn't a dig and I'm genuinely interested, but which parts of her job did you consider "hard work"?
What about the fact the was clearly close to death yet she still met the incoming PM earlier this week. They met face to face and she gave her the time to meet the new PM.

I am no royalist but the Queen gave every day of her life to serve the country.

They bring in a hell of a lot more than they cost and ironically a lot of that comes from American tourists.

Then why are they funded from the state purse? If they're making money themselves, why do they need a separate income?

I'll grant you, the American obsession with the British royal family is utterly pathetic. We fought a war to get away from these people, and now we seem to want them back. Make up your mind, America.

Well having to work every day until you are 96 is a good starting point. You should do some research on what her duties have been for 70 years

Back
Top Bottom