Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

s-l300.jpg

well hello again rifke. i have wondered where you've been off to. please do tell me that all is well! i suppose the most amusing thing i could tell you is that the other day i witnessed a small boy run into a glass door. he hit his head on the glass and fell backwards onto the carpet. it was really quite amusing until his mother began to make a fuss about it. the boy naturally started crying and then in became quite annoying.
Oh Bert, how nice to hear from you my Herr bear!! The scene you describe sounds quite hilarious. I wish I had been there, we would have laughed and laughed and laughed! And THEN we would've eaten cake!! Ah well, maybe next time! Tell me what's new in your life, my love <3

Lights out at 9pm?? Wow! That's like being at boarding school. :( Not that I know much about it, but I read a lot of Jennings books in my childhood. How's it going? And what are you doing in a hostel? I thought you had a new place, where they told you where you had to put your shoes. Maybe you could bunk up with Ginge and Cringe, judging from the pictures it looks like they have plenty of room.
Noooo pep, not until April 1st!! The hostels okay, it could be a lot worse. It's all the Japanese guys fault that we have to go to bed at 9. He goes to bed early and then wakes up early to do his exercises . I had to tiptoe around him on the floor this morning as he did his sit ups and I was trying to get ready . I've decided I don't mind. It's way better than being stuck together with an obnoxious party animal and he hates cigarette and pot smoke as much as I do.

Ginge and cringe, what a pair of jerks. My sister was telling me how they live close by her and people "from the daily mail" were at the park they go to, as though I was supposed to be impressed, as though that wasn't the first time in my sisters life she's ever heard if the daily mail. I told her their names were actually ginge and cringe. She just said "oh yeah"

How are you doing, pep pep? ! It's been a while!

Oh Bert, how nice to hear from you my Herr bear!! The scene you describe sounds quite hilarious. I wish I had been there, we would have laughed and laughed and laughed! And THEN we would've eaten cake!! Ah well, maybe next time! Tell me what's new in your life, my love <3

s-l300.jpg

yes dear fraulein we would have had quite the laugh. yes and nothing would go better with watching a small boy run into a glass door, then a piece of cake! separate pieces of course. nothing terribly exciting going on with me. i've just been in a bit of a sugar induced coma as of late. it really is the best way to make it through the winter months. rifke, please tell me about the wonderful bear that appears in your avatar!

Noooo pep, not until April 1st!! The hostels okay, it could be a lot worse. It's all the Japanese guys fault that we have to go to bed at 9. He goes to bed early and then wakes up early to do his exercises . I had to tiptoe around him on the floor this morning as he did his sit ups and I was trying to get ready . I've decided I don't mind. It's way better than being stuck together with an obnoxious party animal and he hates cigarette and pot smoke as much as I do.

Ginge and cringe, what a pair of jerks. My sister was telling me how they live close by her and people "from the daily mail" were at the park they go to, as though I was supposed to be impressed, as though that wasn't the first time in my sisters life she's ever heard if the daily mail. I told her their names were actually ginge and cringe. She just said "oh yeah"

How are you doing, pep pep? ! It's been a while!
Yeah, 'deciding not to mind' is sometimes the best strategy for your own wellbeing. It can make all sorts of problems magically vanish, I find :D Hope you're staying well, it's not the greatest time to be staying in a hostel. I was wondering, do you think you've already had corona? (The virus, not the beer). I remember you had a terrible cough. Did you have a fever? But not an actual cold? If so, you might be one of the lucky few to have got early immunity. I suspect there were a lot of cases floating around much earlier than people realised.

Oh God, those two, they are so hated here now. Even among those who aren't bothered about the royals, there's one thing most people are united on: you don't diss the Queen. What a piece of trash.

I am okay, thanks, just a bit stressed with this CV stuff going on. I am not in great health, and my ex (kids' dad) is also in the 'at risk' group with various conditions. Plus I'm worried about my parents, who are in their late 80s, who I haven't been well enough to visit for ages, and now it looks like it's too late as the elderly are about to go into lockdown :( Scary times.

Just trying to concentrate on the writing, which is coming along okay. I now have 20k words, so just under 1/3 of the way through. My mentor was telling me how trad publishers (as opposed to online) have reverted to the smaller word counts we had in the 50s and 60s (eg 50-70k) - particularly for new writers - because they now don't want the expense of having to print then pulp huge great tomes as thick as a brick when the book doesn't sell. This is great news for me, because I have quite a tight style and really struggle to produce big amounts of words. How is yours coming along? Are you managing to keep it going even though you're back at work? It's worth trying to keep your head 'in it' even when there's lots going on, I find - even if you can just write a single line a day, or tweak a word here and there, so you're still thinking about it.

two-week-curfew in france. macron threatening people who break the curfew with harsh punishment.
there are limits, macron. treating the french ppl like a bunch of recalcitrant unwashed kindergarden kids.
i wouldnt be willing to accept that, mostly bc it is the short-sighted, inexperienced politicians fault for not having closed borders and airports earlier on.
i'm not gonna let any government fool imprison me in my home talking about a "war" where there is none.

Yeah, 'deciding not to mind' is sometimes the best strategy for your own wellbeing. It can make all sorts of problems magically vanish, I find :D Hope you're staying well, it's not the greatest time to be staying in a hostel. I was wondering, do you think you've already had corona? (The virus, not the beer). I remember you had a terrible cough. Did you have a fever? But not an actual cold? If so, you might be one of the lucky few to have got early immunity. I suspect there were a lot of cases floating around much earlier than people realised.

Oh God, those two, they are so hated here now. Even among those who aren't bothered about the royals, there's one thing most people are united on: you don't diss the Queen. What a piece of trash.

I am okay, thanks, just a bit stressed with this CV stuff going on. I am not in great health, and my ex (kids' dad) is also in the 'at risk' group with various conditions. Plus I'm worried about my parents, who are in their late 80s, who I haven't been well enough to visit for ages, and now it looks like it's too late as the elderly are about to go into lockdown :( Scary times.

Just trying to concentrate on the writing, which is coming along okay. I now have 20k words, so just under 1/3 of the way through. My mentor was telling me how trad publishers (as opposed to online) have reverted to the smaller word counts we had in the 50s and 60s (eg 50-70k) - particularly for new writers - because they now don't want the expense of having to print then pulp huge great tomes as thick as a brick when the book doesn't sell. This is great news for me, because I have quite a tight style and really struggle to produce big amounts of words. How is yours coming along? Are you managing to keep it going even though you're back at work? It's worth trying to keep your head 'in it' even when there's lots going on, I find - even if you can just write a single line a day, or tweak a word here and there, so you're still thinking about it.
Can’t even believe you have a “tight style”, going by your posts on here! It’s a mystery! :squiffy:

It's very possible that what I had was Corona. I remember thinking that it did not feel like a normal cold (because normally I enjoy a good cold!). I mean I went to the doctor about it . I don't think I've been to the doctor about a virus since I was a toddler. I only had a little bit of a fever when I went to the doctor but i remember feeling very feverish the first couple of days. In any case I'm not worried for myself. I'm surprised at how serious it's gotten! Are old people being quarantined in the UK? How does that work? Do they actually lock them in? How awful. Are your parents still living on their own?

As for corona beer I did have some of that too, in Greece. Although I like alpha beer better. Greek beer is goooood. Who knew?

Oh well I haven't been doing much writing, but I do think about what I'm going to write a lot, at nine o' clock when I'm lying awake in bed FOR HOURS. got lottttss of thinking done in fact. which is good. i've come up with a couple of other new ideas and feel like i might scrap the original novel idea entirely unless i can find some way to rework it. i'm glad to hear what you've said about the word count thing. ive been reading more of that authour i mentioned before, Deborah levy whose works i really like, and who i feel could be a suitable muse for my writing and her 'memoir' style books are only like 40,000 words each if that, and her novels are not that much longer. i think i prefer books that are shorter but pack more meaning and poetry to the long drawn out descriptive ones. the way her memoirs are set up, i think of as her holding a few interesting marbles in her hand and holding each of them out to us and showing them in different lights. congratulations on making it to the 1/3 mark!!! that's impressive pep pep!!

k, you're going to have to explain this thing to me with the royals cause i dont totally get it. i mean, i get that ginge and cringe are jerks. but how did they diss the queen? is what they did by separating themselves perceived to be quite the diss?

take care of yourself pep pep and stay safe!! hopefully the other drama in your life has calmed down now....

we are waiting for merkel to tell us any minute now that tomorrow we will all be prisoners of corona and the state.
they have already abolished the right of assembly. now they can push through all their anti-employee laws and nobody is allowed to demonstrate or even discuss it with more than 9 people.
i am already sick of home-office. there is actually more to do than when going to work each day. especially all those unnecessary and panicky e-mails coming in non-stop get on my nerves. sent by colleagues who are addicted to their job and now feel lost and meaningless, poor sods.

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting, i guess now that the eu-borders will be closed for 30 days, corona "solved" the refugee problem at the greek-turkish border inasmuch as the critics of the current non-welcome policy will or have to understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Take care of yourself, Pep Pep, and stay safe! <3

Phone/FaceTime/Skype with your parents often!

It's very possible that what I had was Corona. I remember thinking that it did not feel like a normal cold (because normally I enjoy a good cold!). I mean I went to the doctor about it . I don't think I've been to the doctor about a virus since I was a toddler. I only had a little bit of a fever when I went to the doctor but i remember feeling very feverish the first couple of days. In any case I'm not worried for myself. I'm surprised at how serious it's gotten! Are old people being quarantined in the UK? How does that work? Do they actually lock them in? How awful. Are your parents still living on their own?

As for corona beer I did have some of that too, in Greece. Although I like alpha beer better. Greek beer is goooood. Who knew?

Oh well I haven't been doing much writing, but I do think about what I'm going to write a lot, at nine o' clock when I'm lying awake in bed FOR HOURS. got lottttss of thinking done in fact. which is good. i've come up with a couple of other new ideas and feel like i might scrap the original novel idea entirely unless i can find some way to rework it. i'm glad to hear what you've said about the word count thing. ive been reading more of that authour i mentioned before, Deborah levy whose works i really like, and who i feel could be a suitable muse for my writing and her 'memoir' style books are only like 40,000 words each if that, and her novels are not that much longer. i think i prefer books that are shorter but pack more meaning and poetry to the long drawn out descriptive ones. the way her memoirs are set up, i think of as her holding a few interesting marbles in her hand and holding each of them out to us and showing them in different lights. congratulations on making it to the 1/3 mark!!! that's impressive pep pep!!

k, you're going to have to explain this thing to me with the royals cause i dont totally get it. i mean, i get that ginge and cringe are jerks. but how did they diss the queen? is what they did by separating themselves perceived to be quite the diss?

take care of yourself pep pep and stay safe!! hopefully the other drama in your life has calmed down now....

I love that fact that you like Alfa beer! <3

I like it, too. And Mythos.

(Still can't believe you never went to the pastry boutique.) :lbf:

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom