PETA UK (via Gloucestershire Live): "Morrissey writes to TUI demanding they stop selling trips to parks" (May 1, 2024)

20240501_112851.jpg

1_morrissey-slams-1178285.jpg

He wrote: "TUI now has the dubious distinction of being the last major travel provider in the UK to provide a financial lifeline to these watery little hellholes. Contrary to your company tagline, the animals imprisoned at marine parks do not Live Happy.
"Anyone with a thinking bone in their body – or a drop of compassion – knows that not only does captivity kill the spirit of these imprisoned, intelligent, social beings, it often kills them."

He concludes his letter by asking: “Please will you find it in your heart – or realise that your business is tainted by these venues – and stop supporting these magnificent sea animals’ suffering?”

Same:

Letter-to-Andrew-Flintham-from-Morrissey (1)-page-001.jpg

The full statement tends to surface eventually if there is one (edit: see above).
Regards,
FWD.

I dunno, I went to see the dolphins at The Aquarium in Boston and they seemed pretty happy, so did the penguins. I think they don't have dolphins anymore because of stupid whiners like Morrissey.

Well said, Morrissey. Sometimes it must feel like yelling into the wind but Moz is afraid of nobody. That's what makes the empty elite fear him.

Good move on Morrissey's part, his new management must be influencing him. Here he is sticking to something that will get him some positive press for a change.

At least they’re safe from gunships from Bergen.

i dont see M demanding anything,its a letter to the head of a company,journo sticking the boot in as usual.

andy flintham got an autograph that he didnt even ask for,get it framed and stick it on the wall of your elegantly furnished office.

And the dolphins replied, "shut up and self release your albums already, we're fine". Seriously, of all the calamities the world over, this is important??

Do you think they'll take notice of him? Really? Do you think they will?

They’ll notice but it’ll be the equivalent of getting a jury duty notice. Straight in the bin.

And the dolphins replied, "shut up and self release your albums already, we're fine". Seriously, of all the calamities the world over, this is important??

But… dolphins! Bergen! Love is on its way out and so on and so forth. Meat is murder.

But… dolphins! Bergen! Love is on its way out and so on and so forth. Meat is murder.
Good movement, Morrissey! And please release BOT and WMTWD sono, hello Warner, Island, Parlophone, Atack Records, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, anyone! Everybody releases cd toda!

He's been associated with campaigns, writing letters/statements and assisting PETA for about 22 years now.
They also had contact with him as far back as '85.
That's a pretty long-standing relationship.
Regards,
FWD.

I don’t want anything to be unhappy, unsafe, or unhealthy. I see his point and I do agree. I’m lucky that I’ve been able to interact with Dolphins in the ocean as they love to swim by the boat and jump in and out of the water. Now, they are really happy!! There is an Aquarium back home and they do have sharks and other huge monstrous looking things. I enjoy the turtles, starfish, stingrays, etc, but again we can find them in wild. Life would be okay without Aquariums.

Back
Top Bottom