Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you have some information that others don’t, I’ll take it that you’re only speculating the dissolving of the band.

Anyway, if that was the case, he’s toured and written with Morrissey. I don’t think Jesse will have much trouble collaborating with someone else if he chooses.
Jesse's ham fisted guitar playing is about as subtle and nuanced as a hand grenade in a bowl of oatmeal.

Your logic is really twisted.

The artist puts up a show and sells tickets.

The artist doesn't give a f**k and cancels the show giving a lame excuse (more than once).

The ticket holder is to be blamed for buying the ticket.

Really, really strange way of seeing things.

But maybe yes, Morrissey is above good and evil and everyone else who follows him is an idiot. Except his apologists.
I totally understand you and your anger is valid. It's indeed super twisted to blame the fan that invests time and money to see his favourite artist and even gave him more than one chance and the benefit of the doubt after previous cancellations. Of course, things can happen, but we all know Moz' antics by now and these cancellations were not a surprise to anybody. But he schedules shows and so people rightfully assume that he will show up. That's how that works. With the illness excuse its always the same - no one can prove it otherwise - so the believers say the poor man has fallen ill and the skeptics doubt that. It's like with Bonfire and Capitol. The apologists believed his statements and defended them to death, but he lied. And then acted all normal about it in the FOX interview. We will never know but I think it's super evident that this is always handled in a bad, sometimes rude manner with him nowadays, e.g. cancelling last minute without explanation nor message. Every artist has that down, just issue a short statement. And the thing, that mental illness/mental exhaustion can't be talked about in public is just false. So many artists have been open about their mental illness, its not hardly anything shocking today.

The Guardian mentions Morrissey Solo as well.

A hack on a Guardian podcast claimed that music hacks have no journalism skills - but seriously - you're looking at this site & you don't think there might be more angles you could look into than 'he was in the Smiths, then became evil, the end'?

How is that possible?

Those two empty-headed twats in the audience laughing behind his back at Jools (where he did Boy Racer & Sonny) didn't help. God but Moz looked so good back then - the suit, the hair, everything was so cool. Apart from those two tittering twits and the car crash Jools interview. Our Moz hasn't been the same since.

mqdefault.jpg
I would love to know what's actually funny. I don't get it.

By all means wish him well and tell him you hope he gets better soon. But if he was one of my family I would be thinking about staging an intervention. He's been in this downward spiral for some time. It's obviously tightening. He's a lifelong drinker who surrounds himself with other drinkers. He's a real paradox, a hater of the royal family who gets all bent out of shape when he is not treated like royalty. He's jealous of Taylor Swift for heaven's sake! It's very sad but not ONE person here can do anything about it.

Utter rubbish. If he isn't covering costs and bringing in the money, he cancels the show. That's the be-all and end-all of it.
Utter rubbish. NZ and South America were sold out, he stood to make a great deal of money.

Apparently Donnie has an account here - so why doesn't he explain - diplomatically - what the issue is?

Morrissey is not immortal - & having Morrissey's Tour Manager on your CV covering the years where he cancelled all the time & had his reputation completely annhiliated - isn't going to look good.

So, wheel out the mitagation.
With all due respect, I don't think Donnie should say f*ck all to the 'fans' who post on this site. Most of the people here don't even seem to go to gigs (or haven't for decades) and many of the threads are entirely toxic and hateful about Morrissey, his band, crew, and even some fans. So I don't really think anyone on here should be sitting around waiting for apologies or more detailed explanations: not on this page anyway.

I feel sorry for the fans in LatAm (as well as Asia and New Zealand); they really didn’t have so many chances to see him as we do in Europe, UK and US. I count myself lucky in this regard as I can look back on countless amazing shows as recent as the 2022 UK tour when Alain had rejoined and when Morrissey seemed happy to perform tracks from BoT.

The last months of 2023 made me think that Morrissey struggled to find the motivation or energy to honor his touring commitments. The problem started months (if not earlier) before this short and vague statement was published. I would like to see a more personal message from the man in his own words on Central. But I know that his next message will be nother orbituary.

He surely picked a nice place for a rest and I hope it will do him good. Perhaps he should consider retirement in Switzerland?

Good luck to the other band membets. As there are no further Morrissey concerts scheduled for a possibly long while, I assume they will move on to tour with other artists. Even Jesse will find somewhere to go. Can’t help but think that Alain and Gus saw this coming and wisely left earlier.

camgrey-28012024-0001.jpg

Camila 🤔

Re: Zurich - it's about 110 miles from his home in Lausanne.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom