Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

I mean, those around Morrissey.

You don’t think he is aware of FD’s husband’s post? How do you know someone didn’t show him it? Or if Jesse has privately contacted her to ask about it? I’m just speculating what’s possible.
I think you have misunderstood Orange Crush’s joke.

What's with this camp Moz!? I don't think he is!
Emery You Are Awful GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

I like the song, because I, when I first heard it, didn't have the contrarian interpretation in my head, but a more basic everyday interpretation of being fed up with everyday life with all its obligations. Lying in bed and just letting the world be the world without having to do anything. The reminder to take care of yourself and treat yourself well (for once in a while, because yeah one day we will be dead, so a reminder to be good to yourself is absolutely valid and important). The wish to have more time ("time do as I wish") is also an everday struggle. I love the touch of humor in it ("I'm not my type but I love my bed") and I absolutely feel the ending "No bus" (I hate riding the bus, but I have to), "no boss" (well most of us have one, I guess, but to be honest, I hate to work for somebody), no rain (I live in a very rainy town), no train (again, the public transport many have to use to go to work or somewhere). But also "no highway, freeway" etc., it always sounded to me like a description of the annoying everyday life of a regular 9-5 working individual. For me it's more of an anthem about self-care, or a reminder of it. The line about the news fell a bit short, but it can also be understood as a call to switch off (which I would not agree with, being informed is important!), but that didn't overshadow the rest for me. I therefore think that the song is not necessarily a contrarian anthem and am confused why this seems to be the common interpretation, because despite the "news" line there is absolutely nothing contrarian in it. Even though I'm often not a fan of most of Morrissey's later songs, I really like this one. That's why the Morrissey version has a special place in my heart because I still remember the first time I heard it and how it affected me. 🖤
Could you possibly write something longer?

Perhaps we're thinking of different incidents, as the one I'm thinking of was much later than the eighties:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/oct/18/arts.artsnews2
remember that accident well,no this is something completely different,this sort of thing happens every few years,there was one about the beckhams when they got married,they are always untrue.
marc almond was in new york and was in an accident and was taken to hospital,they had to pump his stomach and when they did there was a p--- of s----. iv said too much.

remember that accident well,no this is something completely different,this sort of thing happens every few years,there was one about the beckhams when they got married,they are always untrue.
marc almond was in new york and was in an accident and was taken to hospital,they had to pump his stomach and when they did there was a p--- of s----. iv said too much.

Ah yes, I do remember that one, but I remember the denouement rather than the set up.

Ah yes, I do remember that one, but I remember the denouement rather than the set up.
its amazing how these things even happen,there was also one about a sexual encounter and a bit of sweetcorn.

Oh you mean the Rod Stewart urban legend! I remember that. Ranks with the Richard Gere...story.

The way I heard it was they pumped his stomach and there was enough semen in there that they estimated at least 8 men were involved.
Had a similar incident at my birthday last year.

Back
Top Bottom