New York, NY - United Palace (Oct. 21, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Alma Matters / Half A Person / I Wish You Lonely / Let Me Kiss You / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden & @FROSTY

Last edited:
James O'Brien attended by looks:

We bought the tickets in the pre-sale and were in row C - they set the sound board directly in front of us...and the tall guy running it had to wear a hat to add 3". Morrissey sounded ok but no idea, we could not see him. I thought it might sell out, silly me!
Avoid this venue

Will be purchasing if still available on Tuesday. Very nice.
The person working told me they only had 3XL left when I got there. I asked if they were restocking and she said she didn’t know. I have a feeling they’ll have another exclusive design like they did in Nashville if they don’t end up restocking.

sang a bit of ‘Stretch Out and Wait’ a cappella.
If I’m remembering correctly (?) … hmmm

I think that can of white wine ( yes! a can) went to my head. Lol.

Great vibe from the audience. Security was really tight and constantly keeping the aisles clear. Sinead video got applause as soon as it appeared on the screen, very moving for all, really set the tone for the rest of the night, a shared experience for all. Carmen rocked the leads! And Christ! Morrissey looked so damn beautiful, gotta tell ya folks, video clips and photos don’t do him justice! And being there of course is a whole different experience.

And then there’s tomorrow …. 🙃

Well, as a New Yorker, I have to say I'm glad I didn't buy tickets for these shows, as I suspected it would be almost the exact same setlist as the last time he played NYC, and I was right. I love a lot of those songs, but I really think if you are returning to a city in the same year, you should give them a new experience.

The show was fine but setting up the sound board in front of people was not needed. We couldn’t see and why did the tall sound board guy have a hat on…Morrissey hates his fans

Well, as a New Yorker, I have to say I'm glad I didn't buy tickets for these shows, as I suspected it would be almost the exact same setlist as the last time he played NYC, and I was right. I love a lot of those songs, but I really think if you are returning to a city in the same year, you should give them a new experience.
You were correct - will the weekday shows even happen? So many tickets available

sang a bit of ‘Stretch Out and Wait’ a cappella.
If I’m remembering correctly (?) … hmmm

I think that can of white wine ( yes! a can) went to my head. Lol.

Great vibe from the audience. Security was really tight and constantly keeping the aisles clear. Sinead video got applause as soon as it appeared on the screen, very moving for all, really set the tone for the rest of the night, a shared experience for all. Carmen rocked the leads! And Christ! Morrissey looked so damn beautiful, gotta tell ya folks, video clips and photos don’t do him justice! And being there of course is a whole different experience.

And then there’s tomorrow …. 🙃

He's got charisma. Nothing gets rid of it. He'd be a star if he ended up in a skip.

Edit: Was a tweet of Chloë Sevigny & a podcast host at the Morrissey gig.

The podcast host has disturbed fans.

Last edited:
Oh my god. I was on set for days with Chloe Sevigny on a TV show being filmed. I wanted to talk to her about Morrissey so bad but it would have been very unprofessional. Love her.

Thank God Pop replaced Hank :pray:

nice theatre,he seems to be enjoying himself these days.
we now know whats happening with capitol so cant imagine anymore central posts on the subject.

Pic by @gavigarpo

UP1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom