Morrissey Central "New Recording." (February 20, 2023)

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

Attack-min.png

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.

Good news! But only 4 Alain songs? 3 by Gustavo Manzur, Morrissey's weakest collaborator? Jesse is occasionally brilliant so I wont complain about him. Suspicious Minds? Who needs to hear that again?

I don’t even feel excited about this. How long ago was it that we first heard that ‘Bonfire’ had been recorded? 3 years ago now? All this is irrelevant until he either decides to self-release or finds a label that he can get along with long enough to actually release an album.
I remember the posts on here back in the mid 2000s when Quarry and Ringleader were announced.

Morrissey was signed to a record label with which, at the time, he had a productive and harmonious relationship. So there was no jeopardy that the albums somehow wouldn't be released.

We had proper, professional artwork. We had intriguing song titles. We knew the albums would do well in the charts, and that there would be all manner of TV, radio and festival appearances to look forward to.

Those days are gone.

What we have now is a message basically stating "yeah, so I've written and recorded some songs, maybe you'll get to hear them one day, maybe you won't".

It's just all so sad.

If we take Morrissey at his word and believe that he really has been treated like shit by a string of record labels over the years, then why does he continue to live in this alternate universe in which self releasing music isn't a thing? Even poor, part time musicians can self release. Morrissey has been a professional recording artist for 40 years, is a very wealthy man and has a massive worldwide fanbase, even after the, shall we say, shenanigans in recent years.

Why does he continue to simp for an industry that he clearly doesn't believe values him?

Maybe it's just the disappointment, but I'm still in Bonfire phase... I like those songs and I don't care much for the new ones yet. Of course it is just the moment.
There seems to be some Paris in Without Music.

"The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as 'a lightning strike.' " already has FiDo quality.
I don't doubt the songs are good.

But getting a review from, you know, one of the guys involved in creating it probably isn't very reliable.

"The Room? It's fab!"

T Wiseau.

Quite possibly some of the worst Moz song titles I've ever read.

Maybe it's just the disappointment, but I'm still in Bonfire phase... I like those songs and I don't care much for the new ones yet. Of course it is just the moment.

Yeah, I still want to hear the rest of it as well.

Couldn't really give a toss about Sure Enough..., though.

You haven't even heard the new songs.....

You haven't even heard the new songs.....
I am sure I will love them, of course, as I love almost all his songs. And I am sure they will be fantastic: I feel the band and Morrissey are in full and good creative shape. It is just me today: I just want Bonfire in my car 😉

Last edited:
Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom