Morrissey Central "New keyboard player." (May 6, 2023)

unnamed-2.jpg

Camila Grey will play keyboards on the forthcoming Morrissey tour of Israel / Ireland / England.

No surprise.
FWD.

All a bit odd, I think many of us who saw him in the UK last year thought the band was the best we had seen/heard for a while.

Yes, glad I got to see that particular lineup. New band looks interesting - although at this point that illusion of Moz having a “band” is shattered. It’s just backing musicians isn’t it?

iv just walked out my house,iv asked five people if donnie knutson was to blame for alain leaving,they all said whos donnie knutson so their isnt plenty out there.
Similar...I just asked the missus...she told me to go away.

I sometimes think that she doesn't understand me.

Similar...I just asked the missus...she told me to go away.

I sometimes think that she doesn't understand me.
if you and your wife are having problems then just tell her to give me a phone,erectile dysfunction can happen to a lot of men.

The particular closeness of Alan & Gustavo points to a few things:
- Both of them becoming close friends and realising the band politics didn’t work (Jesse being MD)
- Moz not liking Gustavo being close to Alain
I don't like Gustavo's style. He is more Colombian venezuelan Spanish guitars ..different style.

I wonder whether Moz has ever met these new band members or whether this is a purely “rent a guitarist/keyboard player” for a tour setup where they will learn a few songs and show up and play them.

Whatever or whoever is the cause of the departures, it must be severely untenable for Gustavo to exit. He has shaped Morrissey's sound broadly in the last decade or so. In my opinion, the least effective collaborator is the only one who remains. 🤷‍♂️

Whatever or whoever is the cause of the departures, it must be severely untenable for Gustavo to exit. He has shaped Morrissey's sound broadly in the last decade or so. In my opinion, the least effective collaborator is the only one who remains. 🤷‍♂️

love Alain and Gustavo, but so glad Morrissey is shaking it up.

Btw, what do you mean by ‘effective’ ?

Last edited:
Morrissey's organization is in shambles and it's because of Jessie Tobias, the single worst thing to ever happen to Morrissey. I write this anonymously (for obvious reasons), so many will be understandably dismissive of my post. However, what I am writing is 100% truth and based on personal experience.

There's a reason why Morrissey's entire band has quit (and it was the entire band), with no mention as to why, it is because of Jesse. It's not because they were sacked or asked for more money, it was because of Jesse.

Jesse is a nightmare of a human being to deal with. He is nasty and bitter, with an ego the size of Texas (not to mention how vicious he is when drunk, which is often). Jesse was always impossible to work with, but became unbearable once Boz departed. On recent tours, his abusive behavior led to the entire band quitting (Alain, Gustavo, Brendan in particular) because they simply cannot work under these conditions. Jesse's jealousy of Alain became an issue as well, especially with the amounts of cheers and affections Alain received from fans while on stage.

This is not a secret, many know about this (even fans), but they choose not to speak of it. But the ugly truth must be known, Jessie Tobias is single-handedly ruining Morrissey's music legacy. These announced concerts are at risk for not going through since a bassist and drummer still need to found, in addition to lengthy rehearsals. Jesse is in over his head as a musical director given the fact that the man can't even read music!

So if anyone wanted to know why Alain left so abruptly after the last tour, the answer is Jessie Tobias. If you wanted to know why Gustavo and Brendan left, the answer is Jessie. These are talented musicians who adore Morrissey and loved playing with him. Jessie has made their tenures unbearable in his treatment of others, and so they made the difficult decision to depart. They have been absolute professionals and would never mention any of this publicly, but one can only imagine how bad things must be to lose such loyal bandmates.

Jessie's influence (and some would say brainwashing) over Morrissey is powerful, and it is sad that Morrissey himself does not see the cancer that has been in his fold for the past 19 years. The cancer has spread and has now destroyed a once great unit. Jesse enjoys getting Morrissey drunk, where he can spread lies about others and prove himself as loyal and indispensable. He plan has worked and he is now in full control.

So while Morrissey's blog will never acknowledge why long time associates have departed, and will continue to announce new band members with no explanation, fans deserve to know what's really happened. It's a sad state of affairs.

No thanks to Boz, to Alain and now to Gustavo. Consequence enviable ( I know , I know , He never ... blah blah blah ) (n)

love Alain and Gustavo, but so glad Morrissey is shaking it up. Subjective as it is, we’ll soon find out how good it sounds. But no matter how good it is, Morrissey will always have his detractors.

Btw, what do you mean by ‘effective’ ?

I went to see Morrissey at the Birmingham LG arena in 18 and thought this is probably the last time I'm coming to see him, the gig was ok but lacked energy and was actually quite boring. For the 22 gigs he announced Alain was back in the fold, so I thought, yes I will have a bit of that at the Apollo (great venue as well) and they didn't disappoint and it was probably the most energetic Morrissey gig I'd seen for a long time. Juan/ Brendan/Alain/Gustavo just seemed to work really well (struggle to be positive about Jesse, I find it hard to warm to someone who looks like he's busting for a shit when playing guitar)

Hopefully the new line up will be ok but I do wonder why he needs to change things after a really successful tour from a fans perspective.

Morrissey's organization is in shambles and it's because of Jessie Tobias, the single worst thing to ever happen to Morrissey. I write this anonymously (for obvious reasons), so many will be understandably dismissive of my post. However, what I am writing is 100% truth and based on personal experience.

There's a reason why Morrissey's entire band has quit (and it was the entire band), with no mention as to why, it is because of Jesse. It's not because they were sacked or asked for more money, it was because of Jesse.

Jesse is a nightmare of a human being to deal with. He is nasty and bitter, with an ego the size of Texas (not to mention how vicious he is when drunk, which is often). Jesse was always impossible to work with, but became unbearable once Boz departed. On recent tours, his abusive behavior led to the entire band quitting (Alain, Gustavo, Brendan in particular) because they simply cannot work under these conditions. Jesse's jealousy of Alain became an issue as well, especially with the amounts of cheers and affections Alain received from fans while on stage.

This is not a secret, many know about this (even fans), but they choose not to speak of it. But the ugly truth must be known, Jessie Tobias is single-handedly ruining Morrissey's music legacy. These announced concerts are at risk for not going through since a bassist and drummer still need to found, in addition to lengthy rehearsals. Jesse is in over his head as a musical director given the fact that the man can't even read music!

So if anyone wanted to know why Alain left so abruptly after the last tour, the answer is Jessie Tobias. If you wanted to know why Gustavo and Brendan left, the answer is Jessie. These are talented musicians who adore Morrissey and loved playing with him. Jessie has made their tenures unbearable in his treatment of others, and so they made the difficult decision to depart. They have been absolute professionals and would never mention any of this publicly, but one can only imagine how bad things must be to lose such loyal bandmates.

Jessie's influence (and some would say brainwashing) over Morrissey is powerful, and it is sad that Morrissey himself does not see the cancer that has been in his fold for the past 19 years. The cancer has spread and has now destroyed a once great unit. Jesse enjoys getting Morrissey drunk, where he can spread lies about others and prove himself as loyal and indispensable. He plan has worked and he is now in full control.

So while Morrissey's blog will never acknowledge why long time associates have departed, and will continue to announce new band members with no explanation, fans deserve to know what's really happened. It's a sad state of affairs.
That would explain why Morrissey chose him. Thanks.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom