Morrissey's walking towards you. What do you do?

Morrissey's walking towards you. What do you do?

• Turn around and walk the other way

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Avoid eye-contact and walk silently by

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Look at him but say nothing as you walk past

• Make eye-contact, nod silently and keep moving.

Votes: 15 15.3%
  • Say "Hi Morrissey" (or Moz) and keep walking.

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Offer a greeting and put out your hand for a shake

Votes: 46 46.9%
  • Offer a greeting and go for a hug

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • Throw your arms around him unannounced

• Make some other more-involved sexual move on him

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would like to make a sexual move instinctively but I think if the opportunity arose I would barely be able to utter a syllable out never mind making a stretch for his crotch.

A scenario similar to this one did happen to me.

I had contemplated this situation since the age of thirteen and I had no doubt that if it happened I would casually say hello to Moz and have a very relaxed conversation with him. As it happens, when I did spot him, outside the Mandarin Hotel in Knightsbridge, I was delivering wine to the hotel and I was carrying a case of wine costing several thousand pounds on my shoulder. I spotted him as he was about to jump in a black cab, yelled his name then ran towards the cab, which Moz had hurriedly jumped into, no doubt alarmed at the psychotic Glaswegian with a case of wine hurrying towards him. I got to the cab just after he got in and the cabbie hurriedly locked the door, which I attempted to pull open whilst repeatedly shouting at Moz "I've got to meet you, got to shake your hand!" He looked at me rather cooly in my state of obvious agitation, then got out of the cab, shook my hand and spoke to me for a few minutes on the street. I was too stunned to say much more than "You don't know what this means to me!" over and over.

He then got back in the taxi and they drove away, whilst I stood on the street and watched them go with a huge smile on my face. And a case of very expensive wine still on my shoulder.

:lbf::lbf: this is so funny, glad you didnt scare him too much. ;)

A scenario similar to this one did happen to me.

I had contemplated this situation since the age of thirteen and I had no doubt that if it happened I would casually say hello to Moz and have a very relaxed conversation with him. As it happens, when I did spot him, outside the Mandarin Hotel in Knightsbridge, I was delivering wine to the hotel and I was carrying a case of wine costing several thousand pounds on my shoulder. I spotted him as he was about to jump in a black cab, yelled his name then ran towards the cab, which Moz had hurriedly jumped into, no doubt alarmed at the psychotic Glaswegian with a case of wine hurrying towards him. I got to the cab just after he got in and the cabbie hurriedly locked the door, which I attempted to pull open whilst repeatedly shouting at Moz "I've got to meet you, got to shake your hand!" He looked at me rather cooly in my state of obvious agitation, then got out of the cab, shook my hand and spoke to me for a few minutes on the street. I was too stunned to say much more than "You don't know what this means to me!" over and over.

He then got back in the taxi and they drove away, whilst I stood on the street and watched them go with a huge smile on my face. And a case of very expensive wine still on my shoulder.

I agree, this post is brilliant. I wish I had been there to see it :D

I know someone who when they bumped into Brian May (Queen, big hair), pointed a finger in their face and said repeatedly, "Do You know Who You Are?". Mr May was not amused. I figure in this situation Morrissey would reply with something witty like "No, tell me, who am I?"

I agree, this post is brilliant. I wish I had been there to see it :D

I know someone who when they bumped into Brian May (Queen, big hair), pointed a finger in their face and said repeatedly, "Do You know Who You Are?". Mr May was not amused. I figure in this situation Morrissey would reply with something witty like "No, tell me, who am I?"

about 3 years ago,while walking through Waterstones in Leeds,I turned to my right to see Phil Oakey of The Human League ,a one time hero of mine,looking at books in the sci-fi section.I stopped and looked at him again and walked away.I was strangely underwhelmed.

about 3 years ago,while walking through Waterstones in Leeds,I turned to my right to see Phil Oakey of The Human League ,a one time hero of mine,looking at books in the sci-fi section.I stopped and looked at him again and walked away.I was strangely underwhelmed.

Phil Oakey is quite a boring person though, Human League's latest single was quite good tho....Morrissey would be quite different!

He was a class act in his time though.I just caught the end of the new song today.I thought it was La Roux.Very 80s

Ive also met Viv Nicholson a few times.She's trash

Last edited:
Yeah, but what were you expecting from a 80s electronic band...I met saw The Human League at a gig 2 years ago! They didn't have any new material then, they just played all their 80s hits and nothing more..

Yeah, but what were you expecting from a 80s electronic band...I met saw The Human League at a gig 2 years ago! They didn't have any new material then, they just played all their 80s hits and nothing more..

I also saw them about then in Oxford and thought they were brilliant. I didn't want to hear any new stuff, just an evening of 80's nostalgia.

I also saw them years ago on an 80's revival night with Culture Club and ABC. Human League was def. the best band there that night. Although I'll never forget the sight of Boy George swearing his head off and threatening to kick some one's head in after they threw a coin at him. He's a bloody big bloke, I wouldn't want to get in a punch up with him :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom