Morrissey's walking towards you. What do you do?

Morrissey's walking towards you. What do you do?

• Turn around and walk the other way

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Avoid eye-contact and walk silently by

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Look at him but say nothing as you walk past

• Make eye-contact, nod silently and keep moving.

Votes: 15 15.3%
  • Say "Hi Morrissey" (or Moz) and keep walking.

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Offer a greeting and put out your hand for a shake

Votes: 46 46.9%
  • Offer a greeting and go for a hug

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • Throw your arms around him unannounced

• Make some other more-involved sexual move on him

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wemissumoz

Don't call me Junior
You're walking down the street and you look up and see that Morrissey is about 20 meters in front of you, walking towards you. He is alone, looks unhurried, isn't on the phone and is not distracted with anything, but hadn't yet noticed you coming. When you get near, what do you do?

"Make eye-contact, nod silently and keep moving"

I'm too shy to do anything else :p
But maybe I would put a giant happy smile on my face too.

Last edited:
...To my eternal, embarrasing shame, this actually happened to me in Liverpool, 11th August, 1987.
I was so shocked to see my idol, that I lamely said " ermmm..You're the singer from the Smiths, arent you"??
( I didn't know what to call him...Steven ?? Morrissey?? arrrgghhh!! )
Anyway, he was incredibly polite and signed 4 autographs ( full story on here somewhere, in another "Thread",), but the chap he was walking with was a bit of a Tosser, and kept trying to move him away....dunno who he was...

I would rape him with a salami stick and send the pictures to TMZ.

LOL,
oh so so many scenarios, id be sorely tempted to let him walk right by me (thats if i could keep the fact that I know who he is in check for long enough not to give myself away, *doubtful*)
and then follow him.. and .... figure it out as we go along. ;-)

I'd thank the lord that I'd worn my brown trousers that day! ;)

(and it's metres not meters...actually it should be feet, but that's a whole other thing)

"Are you sure you don't see signs?"

Not so much Morrissey as Lionel Blair.A friend once saw him walking through Grimsby,with his trademark grin,followed by about 15 people wherever he went.Bizarre

If I were to have one handy, this would surely be the time to administer a pie to the face.

I probally wouldn't recognise Morrissey

but with tours and He's in the neighbourhood, or at the gig, that day

I would sweat and hope I can offer him a not to sweaty hand and say
something stupid, like everyone told him 20 times at a walk

I woulod not make a big thing out of it, going nuts, shouting like, no
I'm Northern European, trying to stay/looking unharmed/no emotion

Strike a pose

LOL,
oh so so many scenarios, id be sorely tempted to let him walk right by me (thats if i could keep the fact that I know who he is in check for long enough not to give myself away, *doubtful*)
and then follow him.. and .... figure it out as we go along. ;-)

Good one!:thumb:

I always feel like I'd be bugging any celebrity to say Hi or try to shake their hands. But then if I ignore them, they could take it as, "Everyone's forgotten me and I have a big ego to feed" so I should have said something. I think most people in the public eye expect some degree of being bothered in public. It's both the curse and the blessing of being a performer.

Back
Top Bottom