Johnny Marr singing Morrissey's lyrics and vocal melodies - what do you think?

What do you think of Marr singing Morrissey's lyrics and vocal melodies?

• Fantastic - really great

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • It's good

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Not too sure either way

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Don't like it

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • It's awful - please stop

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
I mean when he sings "there is a light and it never goes out" at the end of the song. He doesn't ever sing this live.
I have bothered, and no, he never does sing it. Only on the recorded version, and the demo.

Morrissey first sang 'There is a Light' live post-Smiths in 2002 and didn't sing the outro lyric then. He also hasn't been singing it on the recent tour. But there were times when he did sing it live, I think around the 2006-2008 period.

Morrissey first sang 'There is a Light' live post-Smiths in 2002 and didn't sing the outro lyric then. He also hasn't been singing it on the recent tour. But there were times when he did sing it live, I think around the 2006-2008 period.

I know he sings the song itself, but to my knowledge he has never, ever sung the ending coda of the song, as heard on record, at any live solo or Smiths show.

I know he sings the song itself, but to my knowledge he has never, ever sung the ending coda of the song, as heard on record, at any live solo or Smiths show.

we all know he sings the song itself - that is not up for debate!
the fact that he had never sung the outro lyric live used to be a big deal.
however, as mentioned, he started doing it on one or two of the tours towards the end of the last decade, but stopped doing so in 2011. I'll do some youtubing tonight and find an example...

we all know he sings the song itself - that is not up for debate!
the fact that he had never sung the outro lyric live used to be a big deal.
however, as mentioned, he started doing it on one or two of the tours towards the end of the last decade, but stopped doing so in 2011. I'll do some youtubing tonight and find an example...

YES! He does sing it in a gig! Live in Israel 29.7.2008! He sings the outro bit for a few lines!

A few users on Twitter seem to like tearing lumps off Marr, I wonder if it's to do with the Healers gigs? He's been telling quite a lot of people to "Press 'Unfollow'" etc.

Back
Top Bottom