Morrissey's new album 'a stunning career high' review by Eamon Carr - Irish Independent

Having a different opinion to the sheep who seem to be a major constituency of LA era Morrissey is not trolling. I say its a middling Morrissey effort and I'm a troll, you say you're knocking off songs from your playlist already and you are apparently an oracle. Get to f***. Seriously. Idiot.

It's ok to have an opinion. I literally do not believe you that you CANNOT hum a single song after 4 listens. This is over the top hyperbole and can't possibly be taken seriously. I have no arguments with people who say "I Am Not A Man" is an epic instant classic. I just don't agree and I pointed out that this was a good thing. You're just here to be negative and that's your right but when you lack sincerity your negativity translates into something more self-serving than sharing an opinion.

Anyway, you told me to "Get to f***." so I'm going to go off and do that now.

Maybe by the time I get back you will have found more ways to swear at me and call me more names.

Cheers!

Yes, the critics from Uncut, Mojo, Q , and this reviewer ... All die hard fans who are surely kidding themselves, Because you are obviously the one who is right.

If this reviewer is a die hard fan he probably would know that Morrissey spells his first name on the Ouija Board, Ouija Board single and would quote it.

As far as this being a masterpiece or a high-point in Morrissey's career, I don't think that is the case and I wanted more energy from the record but it will take time for this album to reveal its true ranking in Morrissey's catalog.

It's ok to have an opinion. I literally do not believe you that you CANNOT hum a single song after 4 listens. This is over the top hyperbole and can't possibly be taken seriously. I have no arguments with people who say "I Am Not A Man" is an epic instant classic. I just don't agree and I pointed out that this was a good thing. You're just here to be negative and that's your right but when you lack sincerity your negativity translates into something more self-serving than sharing an opinion.

Anyway, you told me to "Get to f***." so I'm going to go off and do that now.

Maybe by the time I get back you will have found more ways to swear at me and call me more names.

Cheers!

it looks to me like marred said that to barleycorn

Also, if her Daddy wants her to "get three As", surely he's referring to her school grades which would allow her to get into university. University degrees are awarded on a numerical scale (First, 2:1, 2:2 etc.). So either she was at the university for an open day, or the song should be called Staircase at the sixth form college. Still, at least it's one of the better tunes.

Oh dear, he's not writing about the UK, what shall you do?

Here’s my thing. What do any of us have to gain / lose by loving or hating the album? Nothing. If people love it (like me) and others hate it, so be it.

As somebody from the UK, I'm glad you made this point. Most enjoy and will sing along to "we look to Los Angeles for the language we use, London is dead...", but there are some from the UK who wince and moan when he puts this to practice and drifts away from UK customs - using Spanish guitar sounds, US spellings in Autobiography, and now this. Of course, in every other walk of life, Morrissey is criticised for not living up to his words, but here the rule is flipped.

"Career high" doesn't mean "best". You can have several career highs, but only one best. And since "best" is highly subjective anyway, that's probably why the reviewer chose his words more carefully than you.

What a stupid sentence this is.

London is dead.. he said that 22 years ago.

Some people are still checking out Kill Uncle :D

OPINION you thick f***ing anonymous bellend. This reviewer knows f*** ALL, much like yourself it seems.

mr Mc Lure at his best.

shove your opinion at your rose sparkeld arse [copyright Mc Lure]

'and they say he's mentalll"... wonderfull weekend Tour de France in England, exiting, and lots of people who enjoyed to stay around the roads, London today...

People calling this album a masterpiece etc. are doing so with rose tinted arseholes.

It's mediocre and some of the rhyming isn't great. I think the die hards who see Morrissey as being able to do no wrong wanted this album to be amazing, and the relief of getting a full album, coupled with the fact the songs are slightly better than his 2011 efforts, are kidding themselves.

Also, if her Daddy wants her to "get three As", surely he's referring to her school grades which would allow her to get into university. University degrees are awarded on a numerical scale (First, 2:1, 2:2 etc.). So either she was at the university for an open day, or the song should be called Staircase at the sixth form college. Still, at least it's one of the better tunes. Along with Istanbul, it's worthy of some praise. The rest, regrettably, are mediocre for now. I know it's just an opinion and I'm hoping after more listens they all grow on me. Oh, Art Hounds is also great (and before Kreampie butts in, I'm fully aware that Art Hounds is from 2011... And has a hyphen).

Luke I have been a fan since 1986 and have no problem when saying that a new album is not to my taste. having said that World Peace is to me the most enjoyable immediate listen for me since Vauxhall. Yes I like it that much. for me it may even reside in my top 3 Morrissey solo albums ever. I didn't get the love for Quarry and there are parts of Viva Hate that still don't float my boat but I really really do love this album.

We can pray that the next single will be "Julie in the weeds". I didn't like a lot "Paris" but it sounds like a hit, between "Paris" and "everyday is...". I like so much. It will be the best single from so much time. It's gorgeous and his voice so beautiful. I like too "i'm not a man" though it's not for a single. I can compare with "i know it's over".it's so theatrical expressive and he sings to my heart here. Thanks so much Moz. (Sorry for my english.I'm french...)

Luke I have been a fan since 1986 and have no problem when saying that a new album is not to my taste. having said that World Peace is to me the most enjoyable immediate listen for me since Vauxhall. Yes I like it that much. for me it may even reside in my top 3 Morrissey solo albums ever. I didn't get the love for Quarry and there are parts of Viva Hate that still don't float my boat but I really really do love this album.

If liking Morrissey's new album is a problem we should all be so lucky.

Speaking of your boat re viva hate, what won't float? I'm just curious because I can't find fault with it at all. Okay maybe because it was my first love but each and every song including most of the B sides lift my boat right outta' the sea! Alright that's enough boat analogies. For me it has always been Education In Reverse because that was the first cassette I heard. I didn't know it was actually called Viva Hate until quite a bit later.

I'm not in love with Quarry either so that's another reason why I ask. Btw I haven't heard WPINOYB yet. The anticipation is killing me!

Now explain yourself! :)

Last edited:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Get+To+f***

Thanks for the info...

I still don't see it catching on and I may punch the first person that says it to me square in the facial. Not because I find it offensive, just a little lame when f*** YOU has served us all so well.

Last edited:
.. the usual crap. You can tell it's a great album because even Barleyknackers is having trouble finding fault with it. No tunes indeed. This record is stuffed with them.

Yeah, but you've had it on eight track in your De Lorean for months haven't you, Marty McFly? You decided it was unparalleled in the history of music on the day Elvis first set foot in Sun Records.

It's a mediocre release. He's done far worse, but he's done far better, but there's the rub. For some of you saying it is OK is a thought crime in itself. Apparently if you don't think it is a cross between Highway 61 Revisited, Sgt. Pepper and Pet Sounds you are a heretic.

What more do you need to know about today's average Morrissey fan?

Thanks for the info...

I still don't see it catching on and I may punch the first person that says it to me square in the facial. Not because I find it offensive, just a little lame when f*** YOU has served us all so well.

Square in the facial? Did your boyfriend stay over last night?

Back
Top Bottom