Morrissey's 1976 review Of The Ramones in Melody Maker on eBay

Re: Morrissey's 1976 Review Of The Ramones On Ebay

Ive absoulty no idea who the ramones are! I havent a clue!

But patti smith! The punk princess herself! :)

Ive loved patti smith for years now, bought all of her CDs and theres quite a few!!!! all have absolutly incredibilly moving lyrics and uplifting music !

And ive only just recently found out that morrissey admires her to!

Its quite easy to understand why morrissey adores patti smith, shes utterly outspoken, highly critisized and misunderstood, a non conformist, eccentric, totally original ect, she does seem to swear quite a lot, even in concert, but thats just the way she is, shes fantastic ! :)
In here own words shes a "rock n roll n*****" !

You think kristeen young is incredible live in concert by playing her fantastic aggresive style music and emotinal healing words ect that is just absolutly beautifull and uplifting to experience , wait to you see patti smith live in concert !!!!!!! :)

Absolutly incredible !!!!!!!!! They both are!!!!!!!
:)

In fact there is only one man on this planet who is better live in concert than patti smith and kristeen young and that is of course morrissey himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!! :)

Awww I feel i need to go and see morrissey live in concert again now, well cud allways just pop on a plane and go to new zealand, its only a few hours away on the opposite side of the planet! :)

But patti is actually an accumplished portrait artist in her own rite ect , but she is of course held in absolute wonder because of the absolutly fantastic poetry and music thats shes wrote!
Just look at some of her lyryics of "pissing in a river" ?

What more can I give you ? Baby I don't know
What more can I give you to make this thing grow?
Don't turn your back now, I'm talking to you

Should I pursue a path so twisted ?
Should I crawl defeated and gifted ?
Should I go the length of a river
Everything I've done, I've done for you
Oh I give my life for you.

What about it, you're gonna leave me,
What about it, you don't need me,
What about it, I can't live without you,
What about it, I never doubted you
What about it ? What about it ?
What about it ? What about it ?

Oh im pissing in a river"

Not many have the gift of writing emotinal music that can easily bring tears from ones eyes like this anymore these days !

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey's 1976 Review Of The Ramones

I'd love to see a collection of these Melody Maker and NME letters. Has it been done?

yes. what a review but i wonder what LP was won. in those days NME and MELODY MAKER were class and 50p?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom