Morrissey & Phranc photo (1991) from the Phranc Photographic Archive - JoeFrady / X

20240102_053440.jpg
20240102_053438.jpg

I remember someone up front at Moz '91 Kill Uncle concert in Dublin throwing a lit match at her. Her reply was perfect: "Moz told me to expect a warm welcome."

Saw her at Wembley 91 but can't remember a thing about her set. Another poor choice of support act.
Went to Wembley in 91 but it was probably my least favourite Morrissey gig, maybe it was because we were so far back, maybe the poor sound, but i think it was mainly because it was his first UK arena show and i dont think they suit him, too cavernous

Went to Wembley in 91 but it was probably my least favourite Morrissey gig, maybe it was because we were so far back, maybe the poor sound, but i think it was mainly because it was his first UK arena show and i dont think they suit him, too cavernous

I remember being very hot and very excited. Obviously Boz was too, doing his Chuck Berry dancing. I was on the main floor about 3/4 of the way from the stage.

I always thought that she never got to play the Wembley gig in 91. The trains were up the wall and I was quite late in arriving, as were a lot of people. I saw her on other nights of that tour, but seriously have always believed that, come the night, her support slot was pulled.

I recall the sound being really bad during the opener, but then it improved. However, overall, that night his band did sound quite tinny in that huge hall.

I remember being very hot and very excited. Obviously Boz was too, doing his Chuck Berry dancing. I was on the main floor about 3/4 of the way from the stage.
I was really excited too Stephen due to it being my first Moz gig after the Smiths broke up. Maybe thats why it was a bit of a letdown.

I always thought that she never got to play the Wembley gig in 91. The trains were up the wall and I was quite late in arriving, as were a lot of people. I saw her on other nights of that tour, but seriously have always believed that, come the night, her support slot was pulled.
Thats right, the trains were all over the place, missed Phranc and just about got there to hear a near instrumental version of Interesting Drug lol.

I was really excited too Stephen due to it being my first Moz gig after the Smiths broke up. Maybe thats why it was a bit of a letdown.
Mine too. It was the fist chance to buy a ticket to a Moz gig. Although it wasn‘t the first, as he added other dates shortly afterwards. With no internet, and really only the NME for info, it was a far cry from today. Though, it was all we knew, and we loved it.

Mine too. It was the fist chance to buy a ticket to a Moz gig. Although it wasn‘t the first, as he added other dates shortly afterwards. With no internet, and really only the NME for info, it was a far cry from today. Though, it was all we knew, and we loved it.
Good times indeed, the Kilburn national ballroom show from 91 was the best show that year, the band had gelled and the atmosphere was great

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom