Morrissey mention in yesterdays Star

Tbevie

Girl afraid
They have a Morrissey story and a 50 Cent story and they use Morrissey's picture. That's cool.

Brilliant! Thanks for that - summs up a great attitude for life, on which I have always shared with Moz - although I have always felt guilty for it. Something should matter - isn't that what they constantly try and ram down our necks?

:confused:

They have a Morrissey story and a 50 Cent story and they use Morrissey's picture. That's cool.

There’s actually a picture of 50 cent above Morrissey’s. Sorry to burst that bubble ;) There are also pictures and quotes from Eminem, Damien Albarn and slash.

It's an old one, probably about 20 years IIRC. Odd that they should choose that one.

Thanks for the info :)

I’ve never heard him say anything even similar to this. From his interviews I always got the impression that he believed in fate and preferred to just let life come and find him. Although obviously to get to where he is today he must have a lot of ambition. But I suppose if it’s an old quote so he may think differently about life now.

Thanks for the info :)

I’ve never heard him say anything even similar to this. From his interviews I always got the impression that he believed in fate and preferred to just let life come and find him. Although obviously to get to where he is today he must have a lot of ambition. But I suppose if it’s an old quote so he may think differently about life now.

Maybe back in the Eighties, in an ironic twist, life seemed to allow for more whimsy in the shadow of nuclear holocaust.

Or maybe-- more likely-- there are rules for Morrissey and then there are rules for the rest of us poor benighted schmucks. [smiley]

It's from this interview from NME 08 06 1985.
Let's return to the strychnine, to your imminent death. You've got three minutes to live. Tell us what it is that you're actually and endlessly trying to convey to us.
"If I've got just three minutes... I'll say something that you won't accept... but which I want people to believe... oh stop being so boring Morrissey... I want people to know that almost everything that concerns them in their daily lives is of no consequence whatsoever. Nothing and nobody is really important.
"Oh, this is so negative..."
You've been quite positive so far, this will just reassure people.
"... nothing is important so people, realising that, should get on with their lives, go mad, take their clothes off, jump in the canal, jump into one of those supermarket trolleys, race 'round the supermarket and steal Mars bars and, y'know, kiss kittens and sit on the back of bread vans.
"Whatever makes people happy they should just do it, 'cos time is a mere scratch and life is nothing..."

THE FINAL CURTAIN

Would you find it difficult to shut up now?
"Yes I would. I've still a few things to say, a few comments to be aired. My notebooks are still quite bulging and like it or not they're going to be foisted on the British public."
Whether they're ready for them or not?
"Well, obviously they're not ready..."

shame on you for reading such a trashy paper...
but nice pic they used and thanks for scanning.

oh and i totally agree with his statement there.

it always thrills me to open the paper or radio times and find an unexpected Moz pic/mention or somesuch... i may be the only one who gives a little yelp of joy though.
LOl

I'm off the sit on the back of a bread van, while kissing a kitten!:)

Now everything seems so much clearer!

Thanks for the scan. Cool!

Back
Top Bottom