Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY AND SIOUXSIE" (December 20, 2023)

MORRISSEY AND SIOUXSIE​

December 20, 2023
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Morrissey and Siouxsie's duet 'Interlude', the 12-inch disc will soon be re-issued on limited gold vinyl. Watch this space for dates. The disc is pressed on the Roulette label by Warner (London), and it was originally released by Parlophone, reaching number 25. There was no video for this recording, no television appearances, and no photo sessions.

0-6.jpeg

0-8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Morrissey solo version of Interlude and, as someone who at one time used to listen to the Banshees' song Mittageisen on a loop, I can understand Morrissey wanting to collaborate with Siouxsie, but I think he, as the one holding the better hand, should have found a cover that she was really enthusiastic about.
It's a sultry unusual duet. Would permission be needed from Siouxsie, or could she throw a spanner in the works?

Last edited:
I have the 7" and don't know if I'll spring for the 12", especially if it's stupid money which it probably will be.
I have the 12" Vinyl and prefer the black and white but I do really like what they've done in a subtle way to alter the sleeve.

I have the 12" Vinyl and prefer the black and white but I do really like what they've done in a subtle way to alter the sleeve.
What's on the 12"? Extended version on side A, shorter version on side B and the Moz only version?

It's a sultry unusual duet. Would permission be needed from Siouxsie, or could she throw a spanner in the works?
What Siouxsie should do is get out of France and return to the UK to record a killer album with Budgie and John Grant on keyboards.

Interesting that the sleeve was used as a tour backdrop in recent times. Possibly suggesting that Moz knew this was up for reissue.

Interesting that the sleeve was used as a tour backdrop in recent times. Possibly suggesting that Moz knew this was up for reissue.
Warner's distributors knew July in to August.
The "Girl Jiving" (1957) newly colourised image was added at Dublin - July 15, 2023.
FWD.

What Siouxsie should do is get out of France and return to the UK to record a killer album with Budgie and John Grant on keyboards.

and Marr on guitar ? He needs a great front person to push him. I think it could be very good.

Roulette Records was a mob owned label run by,
"the Godfather of the music industry", Morris Levy.
Moz probably knows the history.
They talked about Roulette Records, when Tommy James
was a guest on Gilbert and Frank. (8:15)

fun listen, thanks ! (y)

I bought it the day it came out, loved it then and love it now but f*** off Morrissey for trying to make money you dont need by selling it again who cares about this ffs ? i hope you see this f*** off wanker !

I bought it the ay it came out, loved it then and love it now but f*** off Morrissey for trying to make money you dont need by selling it again who cares about this ffs ? i hope you see this f*** off wanker !
Oh yeah he's going to make a fortune of this EMI release. FFS gimme a break.

I doubt she could stop the release- the rights have been bought and paid for by the labels, but she could raise a stink in protest and encourage people not to buy it if she doesn't want to be associated with the re-release - as Moz has done with Smiths compilations in the past- done without permission or input.

Moz was none too complimentary about the recording experience in the autobio and all but accused her of being difficult and sabotaging a successful release. That could be enough to warrant Siouxsie disowning the re-release. And I'd understand that decision, much as I'd be saddened. It's one of my favorite tracks either of them has made.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom