Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY AND SIOUXSIE" (December 20, 2023)

MORRISSEY AND SIOUXSIE​

December 20, 2023
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Morrissey and Siouxsie's duet 'Interlude', the 12-inch disc will soon be re-issued on limited gold vinyl. Watch this space for dates. The disc is pressed on the Roulette label by Warner (London), and it was originally released by Parlophone, reaching number 25. There was no video for this recording, no television appearances, and no photo sessions.

0-6.jpeg

0-8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of all of the numerous anniversaries next year……

Why doesn't Warner sign him?
Historical re-releases they have licence/ownership of etc =/= any reason to engage with now given previous relationship.
FWD.

It would be really funny if this announcement also came too early ("will soon be re-issued", "watch this space for dates") and they are pissed off now and won't release it. Just kidding, of course...a re-issue is at least a recent publication with his name on it!
Come on, it's the good old times. Nothing wrong with the class of 94 when we were all younger and less critical.

I love the Morrissey solo version of Interlude and, as someone who at one time used to listen to the Banshees' song Mittageisen on a loop, I can understand Morrissey wanting to collaborate with Siouxsie, but I think he, as the one holding the better hand, should have found a cover that she was really enthusiastic about.

Why can't RCA Victor, Island, Mercury or any other follow-up company release something of importance or value for the fans of the old Morrissey? There are still unreleased masters, that would make a happy man or woman out of some old geezers here. Why cash-in with this already widely known little gem? Anyway, the man himself mentions even this on his official platform.

Edit: for me, & maybe others?, it holds a special place in my heart, for the original was used on the pre show tape, Arsenal tour.

Last edited:
When I read the autobiography the first time I had heard very little of his music. I would have enjoyed this song more if I hadn't already read his version of their contact! That autobiography was an eye-opener to me, having been brought up with "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"!
If anything Autobiography caused me to view Interlude with even less enthusiasm. It's a bit of an odd chapter in his solo career... the one time he sets out to collaborate with someone and of course, it doesn't go well. I can only wonder if a better song choice might have helped?

I love the Morrissey solo version of Interlude and, as someone who at one time used to listen to the Banshees' song Mittageisen on a loop, I can understand Morrissey wanting to collaborate with Siouxsie, but I think he, as the one holding the better hand, should have found a cover that she was really enthusiastic about.

he did at least give her a choice, between Interlude or Happy (?) if memory serves.

To be clear, I think this is wonderful. In my opinion, this is one of his best-recorded vocals – and the duet is the rare case of elevation – version with his solo track pales in comparison to the duet .

Having said that, and having been burned by the "announcement" of Rainbow Valley, the French mixes of the World Peace singles, the pledge re- release of that album, and the 2000's era albums to say nothing of the well-documented fracas involving "bonfire of teenagers" why not wait until t Warner or Roulette will announce it themselves – or at least until there is a preorder link or definite date information.

I want this to be true I think it's probably true, but we have every reason to believe based on very recent evidence that this is a premature announcement before everything is cleared with the necessary parties.

Last edited:
To be clear, I think this is wonderful. In my opinion this is one of his best recorded vocals – and the duet is the rare case of elevation – version with his solo track pales in comparison to the direct for my tastes.

Having said that, and having been burned by the "announcement" of Rainbow Valley, the French mixes of the World Peace singles, the pledge re- release of that album and the 2000 the era albums to say nothing of the well-documented fracas involving "bonfire of teenagers" why not wait until t Warner or Roulette will announce it themselves – or at least until there is a preorder link or definite date information.

I want this to be true I think it's probably true, but we have every reason to believe based on very recent evidence that this is a premature announcement before everything is cleared with the necessary parties.
i still have high hopes for rainbow valley,played love affairs original a few days ago,great song.

Back
Top Bottom