Morrissey and his links to paedophiles? - thecolemanexperience

If I were David, I would have done the same thing.
People can read it and choose to believe it or not.
All this badgering doesn't change anything at all.
And given the fact that we are at Page 46 and 900+ comments and counting, I would say that the people who are objecting to this also do not want to see the story die because they are keeping it alive.
Well played, oh outraged ones, well played:lbf:

You would? Really? Why? Do you have an axe to grind? It's a blog post written by someone who appears half-mad, positing a fully mad argument, using reasoning that wouldn't fly in the most remedial of classrooms. The idea that it merits discussion is ridiculous.

Citing the amount of comments it drew to try to prove the article's worthiness is a cheap bit of sophistry; the debate here is about whether or not this sort of thing is appropriate to the tone of the site, and whether or not davidt is smearing Morrissey by proxy by reposting it here. That this article has drawn so many comments while major news items such as Morrissey's recent book and music releases, and his recent release from his contract, draw a fraction of the attention speaks volumes about the weirdness of the site's user base, and the passion of those who visit the site daily, whether they support Morrissey wholeheartedly or have been disappointed by him and come here to vent their frustration.

For what it's worth, I'm among those who consider this post a bridge too far. davidt makes an interesting figure, doesn't he? The spurned superfan, the person who's delivered over two decades worth of free promotion, only to be insulted and abused by their idol, again and again? How many people have that experience in life? I wonder what it's like. I think davidt is a very intelligent man, and that normally he plays his cards rather closer to the vest than this. Whatever his intentions are, posting this has been an egregious misstep.

The idea that it merits discussion is ridiculous.

Then why are you discussing it? You are just proving my point.
I didn't read the rest of your Morrissey-esque essay. Perhaps they might publish it on TTY if you ask nicely? :brows:

Then why are you discussing it? You are just proving my point.
I didn't read the rest of your Morrissey-esque essay. Perhaps they might publish it on TTY if you ask nicely? :brows:

If you think I write like Morrissey, then I should probably have edited that post. I haven't been at the gin and tonics, though, I swear.

If you read some of the comments on the site, several users suggest this isn't a legitimate story and question the source's (Morrissey's) sanity. What makes you correct, but these people incorrect? Because you consider yourself smarter? It's debatable.

The Guardian was reporting a legitimate news story. You're a smart guy. That you don't see the difference is astounding.

But also, you keep repeating this canard that the outrage here with you is because the subject matter. Too many people here have corrected your error in this regard, and you still keep repeating it. Again, it's really astounding.

If you read some of the comments on the site, several users suggest this isn't a legitimate story and question the source's (Morrissey's) sanity. What makes you correct, but these people incorrect? Because you consider yourself smarter? It's debatable.

Seriously? You can't tell the difference between reporting what a public figure said, which to a reasonable person is celebrity news, versus some random shmoe's loose (to put it generously) thoughts? You're being disingenuous.

But if you really stand by that point, then why do you not put up the blue rose society ramblings? It's Morrissey-related ramblings just the same. The only tenable position for you is that it's your site; you do as you please. That you go beyond that by rationalizing it as news worthy is laughable. But whatever. You're not going to change your mind. Nothing else will come this. I'm moving on.

Debatable?

There's nothing debatable with you.

You post this vile link...violating your own Member Conduct rules.

You've got zero credibility.....and zero courage. You are a coward plain and simple.

Every one knows it now .

Carlos Danger is right.

debatable?

There's nothing debatable with you.

You post this vile link...violating your own member conduct rules.

You've got zero credibility.....and zero courage. You are a coward plain and simple.

Every one knows it now .

Carlos danger is right.

it's his f***ing website, you clown. He can post whatever he feels like.

it's his f***ing website, you clown. He can post whatever he feels like.

Why have Member Conduct Rules then? .........Don't call me a clown....gutless.

How many times are you gonna post that you hate the latest album?

I was just listening to Spanish Key....and I remembered you like Miles. I had to turn it off...you make me want to puke.

Why have Member Conduct Rules then? .........Don't call me a clown....gutless.

How many times are you gonna post that you hate the latest album?

I was just listening to Spanish Key....and I remembered you like Miles. I had to turn it off...you make me want to puke.

I repeat - it's his website and he can post what he likes. He lets you be here, have some respect.

And I am sorry I called you a clown. Bit of an insult to those who make people laugh deliberately.

Why the f*** did Morrissey book Cliff Richard to support him? Aside from the dodgy kiddy fiddling, the sheer fact of endorsing and encouraging the man ought to be enough to set alarm bells ringing.

The question is not so much "Is Morrissey a paedo?" as "Is Morrissey senile or does he just have increasingly craptastic taste in music?".

I guess the new album goes some way to underlining, if not answering that.

You heard it here first!
Cliff Richard is guilty. According to "kick-ass" palmist Agharta, that is.
She's also an arbiter of objective taste.

A sad indictment of the British education system...

The Guardian was reporting a legitimate news story. You're a smart guy. That you don't see the difference is astounding.

But also, you keep repeating this canard that the outrage here with you is because the subject matter. Too many people here have corrected your error in this regard, and you still keep repeating it. Again, it's really astounding.

Why do people keep posting that davidt is smart? I'm not so sure. But this will never get published as this site is all about censorship. 1/2 the posts made by anonymous are never published. and don't tell me it is because they violate TOS. Registered users violate TOS all the time. If this site is so against censorship either post all anonymous comments or don't allow them to comment at all.

Why people still are talking about this? Davidt never gonna erase the post from main page, don't go on feeding this perez hilton news

I repeat - it's his website and he can post what he likes. He lets you be here, have some respect.

And I am sorry I called you a clown. Bit of an insult to those who make people laugh deliberately.

I repeat...I don't like hypocrites or cowards.

As far as his web site goes...you've done more to get thrown off of here than I...constantly harassing people who like the album.

If he wants to throw me off...well, "Frankly my Dear, I don't give a damn".

And that is the last I will say on this stupid thread.

can you please delete this despicable disgusting f***ing slander of a post.

The fact it is still on the homepage when you log on is a disgrace!!

I had some sympathy for this site once, free speech etc but this is the lowest of the low.

I can't believe how low this site has sunk. Just get rid of this horrible f***ing thread please!!!

The general consensus appears to be 'no'. However, the controller of this site thinks it is interesting and, indeed, newsworthy, that anyone, anywhere on the internet happens to think Morrissey is a paedophile.

So, the precedent has been set. Anybody, anywhere can blog any scurrilous invention about Morrissey, anonymously post it here, and David is duty bound to publish in the interest of free speech and curiosity, ignoring his own Terms of Use.

If I were to create a blog entitled morrisseyrapesbabies.com, filled with insane, unproven bile, and drop the link into an anonymous post, David would feel the need to link to it. Because it would doubtless prove to be an interesting read.

And, apparently, by questioning David's judgement in this matter, I am:

• Undermining the principles of free speech
  • Ignoring all the hard work David has put into this site over the years
  • Incapable of critical thinking with regard to Morrissey
  • Oblivious to the fact that this is David's own, private website and he can do what he likes
  • Intellectually incapable of exploring the very idea of paedophilia without collapsing into group-think hysteria

In a nutshell, David has f***ed up. He should admit it, apologise and move on.

This says everything that needs to be said and should be on every page of this thread.
I tried to post this once already but was denied, as per.
Another try (on the great anti-censorship Morrissey forum, ha)...

The worst thing about this is David trying to justify it. He should have recognised his mistake, removed the link and that would have been the end of the matter. The fact that David seems to want to post anything that simply mentions Morrissey makes a mockery of the site. It's a shame because I've always liked the site. I really think this place is a bit toxic now, though. Half the time it just seems like people aiming snidey insults at each other. Another Morrissey news/forum is needed.

The worst thing about this is David trying to justify it. He should have recognised his mistake, removed the link and that would have been the end of the matter. The fact that David seems to want to post anything that simply mentions Morrissey makes a mockery of the site. It's a shame because I've always liked the site. I really think this place is a bit toxic now, though. Half the time it just seems like people aiming snidey insults at each other. Another Morrissey news/forum is needed.

But that's the thing. He doesn't post anything that mentions Morrissey, because he doesn't post the crazy ramblings of the blue rose society to the main page or any number of guff blogposts about Morrissey and his links to Zog the God of Fisters; but he has chosen to highlight and legitimise this one. Why?

Back
Top Bottom