Morrissey’s view on gender identity

I love ANOHNI. Her album Hopelessness came out a year or so before LIHS.

ANOHNI’s “4 Degrees”:
“And all those rhinos and big mammals
I wanna see them lying crying in the fields
I want to see them burn”

Morrissey’s “I Wish You Lonely”
“Last tracked humpbackwhale”
Morrissey’s “Love is On its Way Out”
“Hunting down, shooting down, elephants and lions”

ANOHNI’s “Watch Me”

“I know you love me (Daddy!)
Cause youre always watching me

Protecting me from evil
Protecting me from terrorism”

Morrissey’s “Who Will Protect Us From the Police?”

“Say, Daddy, who will protect us from the police?”

I think he appreciates ANOHNI as an artist, but I don’t think he takes her seriously. I think he would laugh at her “Future Feminism”. “The Truth About Ruth” I dont think is hateful, but the tongue is out and pointed.

Love them both.

Songs can be interpreted in many ways. One interpretation of that song is that it is transphobic. Moz is 'dead naming' Ruth. I'm surprised it didn't get him cancelled.
Of course, the song isn't transphobic. But it could be interpreted as expressing the idea that sex is immutable and can't be changed. Whilst also advocating for tolerance and acceptance of people who don't fit neatly into society's gender rules.
I think Moz believes we are all just human beings. Human beings in sexed bodies. Gender is just how society tells us we should behave according to what body we happen to find ourselves in. If you want to 'change' the body you were born into, go ahead, if you think that will make you happy, but it doesn't change your sex.

If you read his autobiography he wonders if John Epperson is Lypsinka's alter-ego rather than the other way round.

He likes the erotic paradox.

This is an example of what happens when we allow the media to tell us that 2 + 2 = 5. This is why Greer protested against a man being made a Fellow of an all-female college. Because if we all connive in a lie, then we kill the truth. The so-called 'predatory woman' in the story below is of course a man. But the great BBC don't mention that important fact.

This is an example of what happens when we allow the media to tell us that 2 + 2 = 5. This is why Greer protested against a man being made a Fellow of an all-female college. Because if we all connive in a lie, then we kill the truth. The so-called 'predatory woman' in the story below is of course a man. But the great BBC don't mention that important fact.

You can make a case for that information being in the public interest without bringing in two celebrities who haven't commented on it.

This is an example of what happens when we allow theThe so-called 'predatory woman' in the story below is of course a man. But the great BBC don't mention that important fact.

We have to realise that these are extreme cases, and that most trans people are not predatory. These cross dressing predators do not have an issue with their body parts, they have a problem with their sexuality.

Also, there was a recent case where the BBC did refuse to call a 'predatory women' a women, instead they called them a man, he was only crossdressing to manipulate children/girls and was jailed. He didn't have an issue with his gender but his sexuality is obviously warped and ill.

We should have patience for people who are genuinally not the sex they were born, some people it is obvious. Some people copy other people because they don't know who they are, which is not a problem with their gender, its a exisitential problem or a weak upbringing.

Morrissey is voicing his support for Greer, and is not taking sides, hope not anyway. I have no idea what the state of affairs are in the US, prehaps its more tribal and people are more divided or black and white about things.

We have to realise that these are extreme cases, and that most trans people are not predatory. These cross dressing predators do not have an issue with their body parts, they have a problem with their sexuality.

Also, there was a recent case where the BBC did refuse to call a 'predatory women' a women, instead they called them a man, he was only crossdressing to manipulate children/girls and was jailed. He didn't have an issue with his gender but his sexuality is obviously warped and ill.

We should have patience for people who are genuinally not the sex they were born, some people it is obvious. Some people copy other people because they don't know who they are, which is not a problem with their gender, its a exisitential problem or a weak upbringing.

Morrissey is voicing his support for Greer, and is not taking sides, hope not anyway. I have no idea what the state of affairs are in the US, prehaps its more tribal and people are more divided or black and white about things.
I agree - most trans people are not predatory. Most men are not predatory. But the truth is important. We all want to be tolerant and kind - but the problem is that being kind ultimately ends up with a male rapist being transferred to a female prison. It's a hard fact, but there are some things in life that are more important than being kind - the truth is one of those things. Was that 4 year old child told that 'a woman' did this to him? Will he be scared of women for the rest of his life? When the truth is that 2 men did this to him.

I agree - most trans people are not predatory. Most men are not predatory. But the truth is important. We all want to be tolerant and kind - but the problem is that being kind ultimately ends up with a male rapist being transferred to a female prison. It's a hard fact, but there are some things in life that are more important than being kind - the truth is one of those things. Was that 4 year old child told that 'a woman' did this to him? Will he be scared of women for the rest of his life? When the truth is that 2 men did this to him.

You have the patience of a saint.

Is this another extreme case? Because these things that never happen, seem to be happening all the time…

Is this another extreme case? Because these things that never happen, seem to be happening all the time…

That article has a link to a tweet from a Rebel News reporter harassing everyone at the pool & not getting anywhere.

It is now - being exploited as a wedge issue - & it's unlikely to stop at the local weirdo getting booted out of the pool.

They aren't extreme cases, they are quite common, Recently in the news there was another locker room issue that also involved a shower. Some 14 year old high school girls were showering and an 18 year old male trans wanting people to pretend he is a woman walked in and turned around and exposed himself and looked at them. Near where I live, another man trans wanting everyone to pretend he is a woman committed horriffic acts of child sexual abuse at a daycare with the help of an actual female who worked there.

Karen and the left would rather just ignore the issue in the name of being 'pro-trans'. f*** women and children. And 'being kind' ends up with a female rape survivor being instructed by a judge to tell the jury about how the attacker carried out the rape with 'her penis'. Shame on the left for tolerating this madness.

Was the song The Truth About Ruth brought up in this thread?

I agree - most trans people are not predatory. Most men are not predatory. But the truth is important. We all want to be tolerant and kind - but the problem is that being kind ultimately ends up with a male rapist being transferred to a female prison.
I wouldn't say people were being kind by putting transwomen in female prisons, if they were put in male prisons then they would get a assulted too. If a transwomen still has a d!ck then they should go in the male prisons, or a isolated sector. I think rapists and child predators should fall into the same category, which is rapists and pedophiles, did doesn't matter what they identify as.

I'm only sticking up for people who have changed sex becuase there is alot of hate and curling of the lip from strangers, which I think is wrong and misjudged. The person who gave me a thumbs down obviously didn't read much into my comment, I may be wrong.

Karen and the left would rather just ignore the issue in the name of being 'pro-trans'. f*** women and children. And 'being kind' ends up with a female rape survivor being instructed by a judge to tell the jury about how the attacker carried out the rape with 'her penis'. Shame on the left for tolerating this madness.

Shame on the right for pretending to care - then using it to turn on anyone different, as they always do.

So we have drag queens attacked.

And books banned.

And all the 'think about the children' hysteria they whipped up in the 80s when they thought gay people would corrupt children if the age of consent was equalled, or gay adoption was allowed, or gay marriage.

There are ways of lobbying for more data collection or safeguards without teaming up with extreme conservatives because you keep getting trolled on Twitter.

Yes, males dominate the rape and sexual assult poles around the world. And yes, it is an extreme case because it's not normal, thats why it gets reported on the news!

Yes, males dominate the rape and sexual assult poles around the world. And yes, it is an extreme case because it's not normal, thats why it gets reported on the news!

Or does it get reported because that’s what keeps their viewership up? So when there is no rape, etc does it get reported? Sounds silly, I know. And does it get reported when trans women use a woman’s restroom, etc without any problems at all, does this ever get reported?

It’s time we try correcting a culture/society that creates rapists/criminals in the first place. They just don’t appear out of thin air.

Was the song The Truth About Ruth brought up in this thread?
It's a good song - but it doesn't really say much on the topic, other than advocating tolerance and compassion for people who don't fit easily into society's expectations. And we would all agree with that sentiment. The song certainly doesn't suggest people can change sex or that our sex is determined by how we 'feel' inside.

It's a good song - but it doesn't really say much on the topic, other than advocating tolerance and compassion for people who don't fit easily into society's expectations. And we would all agree with that sentiment. The song certainly doesn't suggest people can change sex or that our sex is determined by how we 'feel' inside.

Morrissey doesn't fit easily into society's expectations & setting the far right on to him & every other person who doesn't fit, isn't tolerance or compassion.

He's not pivoting into the pundit industry & his ability to work is being severely impacted.

And you're just on here meddling & gloating.

Back
Top Bottom