Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
You poor confused dolt.
I’ve yawned & scrolled past your persistent negative comments for years & yet you still but tickets & attend Morrissey’s gigs & then pretend you hated it.

Get. Help. As. Soon. As. Possible.

Look let’s just face facts. If I didn’t attend last night and then came on here spouting nonsense I would rightly so get a good hiding.
So I had an opportunity to go along and witness the sad event for myself and I took it. ( are you still with me? )
I am now in a position to report back what I observed and I am genuinely sorry that you and many, many others on here are upset but I can’t tell lies.

The venue was to big for him.
The stage was budget airline standard. In house lighting, no big screens, the biggest expense was a smoke machine for Ripper.
The set list was 85% pure torture.
No atmosphere on the floor whatsoever.
To many covers.
His voice was spot on.
Band just went through the motions.
Apart from the awful set list it was all so so predictable,
There was absolutely zero effort put into it.

I’d love to hear more from Carlisle Baz because he was genuinely gutted and made no attempts to cover his disappointment giving his honest opinion which I totally agreed with. In the past we haven’t seen eye to eye but I do know he was really looking forward to this with his Daughter. Hope you both got home safe and well :thumb:

??:knife:

I think he's Brummie boy in disguise

Nah, he dreams of being that troll.

Anyway, brummy seems to have realized he’s changing no one’s mind on solo. Long time no see.

Delusional troll ravings. The only message sent to Morrissey last night is that he can get past absolutely anything. The haters should really get a new hobby.

Really? in 2018 he played 5 shows in the North of England/Scotland to aprroximately 54000 people. 2 years later he played one show in the North of England/Scotland to no more than 8000 people in a 13500 capacity venue.

Let that sink in for a moment before you start calling people haters. His own mouth has caused a complete collapse of his fan base in the North.

Really? in 2018 he played 5 shows in the North of England/Scotland to aprroximately 54000 people. 2 years later he played one show in the North of England/Scotland to no more than 8000 people in a 13500 capacity venue.

Let that sink in for a moment before you start calling people haters. His own mouth has caused a complete collapse of his fan base in the North.

Nerak is saying that he is moving forward despite the behavior from haters.

Crikey :rolleyes:
I know this is difficult for some of you but you can’t accuse me of being a fake, lazy, keyboard warrior, shit stirring, troll.
I know my onions as far as Steven is concerned.
I did my homework.
I got off my arse and attended so I could report back.

What’s the problem?
I was there.
It was a disappointing disaster.
Stop trying to blame the messenger FFS!
If you don’t like it fine, not a problem but please remember I got off my backside and attended so I could genuinely post my observations.

I WAS THERE. IT WAS AWFUL.

Joe the busking drummer outside completely stole the show.

Look let’s just face facts. If I didn’t attend last night and then came on here spouting nonsense I would rightly so get a good hiding.
So I had an opportunity to go along and witness the sad event for myself and I took it. ( are you still with me? )
I am now in a position to report back what I observed and I am genuinely sorry that you and many, many others on here are upset but I can’t tell lies.

The venue was to big for him.
The stage was budget airline standard. In house lighting, no big screens, the biggest expense was a smoke machine for Ripper.
The set list was 85% pure torture.
No atmosphere on the floor whatsoever.
To many covers.
His voice was spot on.
Band just went through the motions.
Apart from the awful set list it was all so so predictable,
There was absolutely zero effort put into it.

I’d love to hear more from Carlisle Baz because he was genuinely gutted and made no attempts to cover his disappointment giving his honest opinion which I totally agreed with. In the past we haven’t seen eye to eye but I do know he was really looking forward to this with his Daughter. Hope you both got home safe and well :thumb:

you must be new here.

what's the last show there has been "big screens"? I can't remember. and when was the last time there was a support band? Billy Idol @ Hollywood Bowl in 2017, but very rarely in the past several years has he had support.

these complaints read like they are from someone who went to a Morrissey show for the first time, expecting to hear a setlist full of their favorite greatest hits and The Smiths songs. you should know better.

Nah, it's over for him in the North Ketamine, his ill informed gob has properly f***ed him over.

Two things...

Depends on how you define ‘over’.

and

Only time can tell.

:tiphat:

Nah, it's over for him in the North Ketamine, his ill informed gob has properly f***ed him over.
No way, several thousand people were at Leeds last night. His real fans remain - and most would rather him not play massive arenas. Playing 2-5,000 capacity venues would be ideal. When did the Smiths ever play massive arenas?

you must be new here.

what's the last show there has been "big screens"? I can't remember. and when was the last time there was a support band? Billy Idol @ Hollywood Bowl in 2017, but very rarely in the past several years has he had support.

these complaints read like they are from someone who went to a Morrissey show for the first time, expecting to hear a setlist full of their favorite greatest hits and The Smiths songs. you should know better.

For the money you're paying, they should have a support band and do the video thing.

Crikey :rolleyes:
I know this is difficult for some of you but you can’t accuse me of being a fake, lazy, keyboard warrior, shit stirring, troll.
I know my onions as far as Steven is concerned.
I did my homework.
I got off my arse and attended so I could report back.

What’s the problem?
I was there.
It was a disappointing disaster.
Stop trying to blame the messenger FFS!
If you don’t like it fine, not a problem but please remember I got off my backside and attended so I could genuinely post my observations.

I WAS THERE. IT WAS AWFUL.

Joe the busking drummer outside completely stole the show.

Pity you didn’t identify yourself.

No way, several thousand people were at Leeds last night. His real fans remain - and most would rather him not play massive arenas. Playing 2-5,000 capacity venues would be ideal. When did the Smiths ever play massive arenas?

I think you're missing the point, last time around 54K people bought tickets to see him in various arenas in the North (including me) this time less than 8K bought tickets to see him in one arena which holds 13500. However, I do agree on the smaller venues, my favourites have been Blackpool Empress Ballrooms, St Georges Hall Bradford, The Victoria Theatre Halifax and Manchester Apollo.

you must be new here.

benny isn’t new here. But, he does live in the past.

We don’t know.

Some day, he may be very happy with that.

And that’s ALL THAT MATTERS.

Maybe he will and we will never agree on this but in my opinion he had the world at his feet and f***ed it up by being completely disconnected from the sentiment in his own country or being badly advised by someone.

you must be new here.

Baz, Benny & Surface have morphed into each other. It's terrible what over excitement can do to an online persona.

Don't know if C & B were there, don't care. We've got clips. It was great. There is a world full of other artists for them to support.

If i read one more derogatory word on Springsteen I’m gonna vomit. I know this place is an insane asylum moonlighting as a cesspool, but there ARE limits. I defy anyone to listen to the following songs and not feel anything other than reverence:
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Racing in the Street
Western Stars
Thunder Road
Downbound Train
Straight Line

etc etc etc

AMEN !!!

Back
Top Bottom