Johnny Marr interview: "And the problem with The Smiths was that the friendship broke down...."

Whatever broke -- and Biography makes a good case for Johnny being a c*** -- he was destined never to do anything nearly as good again. The other guy has somewhat eclipsed him.

Seriously? 'Autobiography' by it's very nature was completely one sided. It has to be taken with a pinch of salt. As much as I love and admire the music of Moz even I have to admit that Moz probably is the kind of person who is all consuming: demanding your complete devoted attention with no zero tolerance for mistakes or deviance from his unstated rules.
I say probably because of course I don't know.

If I took anything from Autobiography it was that Moz is amazingly egotistical and selfish and is unable or unwilling to empathize with anyone. This coupled with a very heavy persecution complex where everybody is out to get him. I'm not judging here and I don't have any right to expect answers about his personal life, but I do think that he would benefit from less 'yes' people in his life and be thankful for what he has, and try to be more optimistic: his voice is better than ever, he made a great record, his audience loves him, he is fairly rich, and he has made an indelible mark in musical history (and continues to do so).

141124_morrisseycolosseumessen_www.soke2_.de035.jpg

...for Glasto '15, Coachella '15, O2x7, etcetera?

Right on Uncle? :)

This image always reminds me of what those final sessions were probably like......Johnny pulling his hair out
Screen shot 2014-11-26 at 11.25.40 PM.png

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom