Jesus of Nazareth, known as "J-dogg" by some

What is your opinion of Jesus?

• Total voters
Yeah, I know, I can do a search too, as it turns out. It's just weird that I said that. Doesn't sound like me at all! All this time I've been using that word I thought I was imitating you.

I'll show you how it works but you need to take off your shirt and put on this collar, and from now on you'll address me as 'Mistress Rifke' or, if you prefer, Queen of the Universe.
:eek:

Yeah, I know, I can do a search too, as it turns out. It's just weird that I said that. Doesn't sound like me at all! All this time I've been using that word I thought I was imitating you.
The word really reeks of Audrey.

Because that's what nick caves letter was about if you had actually listened to what he was saying. Art divorced from human effort, such as we see with AI, is the commodification of art. That's why we who oppose AI oppose it. It's not because we're afraid of it, and that you're so much braver about exploring new frontiers. It's because it's gross.

So art is being commodified for the first time with AI? That’s absurd. Art has been commodified almost forever. “ Gross” is in the eye of the beholder.

The word really reeks of Audrey.

And this thread now reeks of your gadfly behavior. The word was coined by nicky wire’s legs. Nothing more to it. If you would lighten up for even a second, Samsa, you would realize it doesn’t even criticize Jesus, it criticizes the kind of people who try to make Jesus “hip” and “down.” Now please get off of my thread, you unbelievable annoyance!

And this thread now reeks of your gadfly behavior. The word was coined by nicky wire’s legs. Nothing more to it. If you would lighten up for even a second, Samsa, you would realize it doesn’t even criticize Jesus, it criticizes the kind of people who try to make Jesus “hip” and “down.” Now please get off of my thread, you unbelievable annoyance!
I certainly wouldn’t want to take away from this threads otherwise turgid and pompous nature. I’m just glad we agree on the silliness of that word!

I know you were looking forward to it, so was I, but it's just not going to be. My honey bunny gets TOO insecure and jealous!
Cut that cyst out and feed it to the incinerator. That’s what I’m looking forward to. Then and only then can your potential flourish.

He probably used it first and then deleted his post!

I wish I could take the credit for it. "J-dogg" is a very good one indeed. It's like Michael Rapaport at a Christian summer camp. (What a Jew would be doing at a Christian summer camp, I don't know, but you get the idea. It's funny.) Alas, it was you and not me.

I didn't say for the first time. It's just that that's all 'art' produced by AI can ever be. Stop being so autistic.

I don't think the word "commodify" is correct, then. Commodify means to create something for commercial value. Sorry to be autistic, but an artist could use AI to create and not sell their work. Whether that work has artistic value is up to the beholder. We keep having this same discussion: AI is just a tool or method, like a synthesizer or autotune or sampling.

If you're all about the "human effort" involved, then you should be lecturing Nick Cave for not building his own guitars from scratch. He ought to chop down the tree himself to get the wood. He'd probably like that, actually. He'd get a photographer to go with him and he'd pose with his axe and write an essay about how Jesus being a carpenter was a "delicious metaphor for the rigor of artistic toil," with Genesis 3:19 as the epigram. What a dork!

Writing of his time in British Malaya, and an affair he had with a Muslima, Anthony Burgess notes: "Isa is the Islamic name of Jesus, a rather effeminate prophet in the view of the Muslims, so that his name is given only to girls."

Talk about coming in to someone's thread and creating a bad atmosphere. It's like crashing a party, breaking wind violently, and then walking out, leaving a bad smell behind.
You may need to do some Buddhist chanting, Aubs, to get rid of Gregor's bad chi. Or maybe perform an exorcism?

Writing of his time in British Malaya, and an affair he had with a Muslima, Anthony Burgess notes: "Isa is the Islamic name of Jesus, a rather effeminate prophet in the view of the Muslims, so that his name is given only to girls."

Islamic scholars recently devised a Covenant for the Earth called Al Mizan - https://earthbound.report/2024/03/05/al-mizan-an-islamic-covenant-for-the-earth/

I don't think the word "commodify" is correct, then. Commodify means to create something for commercial value. Sorry to be autistic, but an artist could use AI to create and not sell their work. Whether that work has artistic value is up to the beholder. We keep having this same discussion: AI is just a tool or method, like a synthesizer or autotune or sampling.

AI commodifies in other eye-popping ways: "if Google were to integrate generative A.I. into every search, its electricity use would rise to something like twenty-nine billion kilowatt-hours per year. This is more than is consumed by many countries, including Kenya, Guatemala, and Croatia."
- https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-obscene-energy-demands-of-ai

Same with Bitcoin mining. Like cancers. Are we being led up a mountain and being shown all the kingdoms of the world and their glory?

AI commodifies in other eye-popping ways: "if Google were to integrate generative A.I. into every search, its electricity use would rise to something like twenty-nine billion kilowatt-hours per year. This is more than is consumed by many countries, including Kenya, Guatemala, and Croatia."
- https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-obscene-energy-demands-of-ai

Same with Bitcoin mining. Like cancers. Are we being led up a mountain and being shown all the kingdoms of the world and their glory?

That’s not AI commodifying anything, though. That’s AI using a large amount of energy in a hypothetical situation.

If the objection is, “this technology is an energy hog,” then we can also include cars, planes, computers, phones—pretty much anything that plugs into the electric grid or runs on a fuel. Or, if the good people at the New Yorker were to stop eating meat & dairy (of which, I don't need to remind you, the production is massively energy- and water-intensive, and emits more greenhouse gases than the transportation sector), then maybe I’d take them seriously instead of suspecting this is just fear-mongering over AI.

Last edited:
Tags
christianity edith sitwell jesus religion
Back
Top Bottom