Jesus of Nazareth, known as "J-dogg" by some

What is your opinion of Jesus?

• Total voters
It is difficult to speculate on these things but wouldn't those in Hell be the ones who consciously had not cared about suffering? Would you be disrespecting the sufferers to indulge them? Justice and mercy will always clash.

The issue isn’t either/or, though. If hell was purgatory, a temporal punishment, then I could understand it. But hell is eternal punishment. That’s not punitive or retributive suffering, that’s gratuitous suffering. At some point in an eternity of punishment, justice will have been met, and even the worst sinner will deserve mercy. And if God doesn’t want them around in heaven stinking up the place, he could at least do the decent thing and annihilate them.

The issue isn’t either/or, though. If hell was purgatory, a temporal punishment, then I could understand it. But hell is eternal punishment. That’s not punitive or retributive suffering, that’s gratuitous suffering. At some point in an eternity of punishment, justice will have been met, and even the worst sinner will deserve mercy. And if God doesn’t want them around in heaven stinking up the place, he could at least do the decent thing and annihilate them.

It's said Jesus came to save folk from hell. With terms and conditions, you say, to avoid Lucifer! Surely you don't expect us to call you that, Aubrey?! Have you already had your cosmic lobotomy?! Will Lucy do?!

We should be able to recall cross-cultural characters who entered hell and managed to get out of it. Danté's legacy is the poetry he wrote about his tour there. Greek Gods went back and forth to Hades on the Styx river.

I guess the notion of original sin based on the Garden of Eden story is largely derived from the Bible after all. Though it did not write itself, it's claimed to be God’s self-revelation to sinful humanity, including God’s plan of salvation in Jesus Christ.

Still, suggesting that people were flawed would make it easier to manipulate them and get them to obey. "We are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God". Easier for fear to take hold, and a need for security to grow, perhaps in exchange for something. It's like telling children about the Bogeyman, or Little Red Riding-Hood and the wolves. Or moderns about...take your pick. The state continues to fine-tune the trick. Whereas Jesus said odd things like, I am in you and you are in me (I and I, Rasta!) and we are in the Father aka God (everything is holy, Patti Smith!). He broke rules and barriers. So for all intents and purposes, was our J-Dogg a queer norm-disrupting complainer? Devious, truculent and unreliable, at least in the eyes of the upholders of order? :confused:

I don't like audrey anymore now that he's changed his name 😞

But Amber Heard is gone from my signature, and my new user name is one of the greatest Pink Floyd songs. I did want to be “Audrey,” actually, but that one’s already taken. Curse you, Audrey! You took the name and never posted.

It's said Jesus came to save folk from hell. With terms and conditions, you say, to avoid Lucifer! Surely you don't expect us to call you that, Aubrey?! Have you already had your cosmic lobotomy?! Will Lucy do?!

We should be able to recall cross-cultural characters who entered hell and managed to get out of it. Danté's legacy is the poetry he wrote about his tour there. Greek Gods went back and forth to Hades on the Styx river.

I guess the notion of original sin based on the Garden of Eden story is largely derived from the Bible after all. Though it did not write itself, it's claimed to be God’s self-revelation to sinful humanity, including God’s plan of salvation in Jesus Christ.

Still, suggesting that people were flawed would make it easier to manipulate them and get them to obey. "We are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God". Easier for fear to take hold, and a need for security to grow, perhaps in exchange for something. It's like telling children about the Bogeyman, or Little Red Riding-Hood and the wolves. Or moderns about...take your pick. The state continues to fine-tune the trick. Whereas Jesus said odd things like, I am in you and you are in me (I and I, Rasta!) and we are in the Father aka God (everything is holy, Patti Smith!). He broke rules and barriers. So for all intents and purposes, was our J-Dogg a queer norm-disrupting complainer? Devious, truculent and unreliable, at least in the eyes of the upholders of order? :confused:

J- doggy was unreliable to those that wanted to twist his (if he existed) supposed teachings to their evil ends.

It was Allen G, not Patti Lee, actually. And all non-dualists agree ….

Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy!
The world is holy! The soul is holy! The skin is holy! The nose is holy! The tongue and cock and hand and asshole holy!
Everything is holy! everybody’s holy! everywhere is holy! everyday is in eternity! Everyman’s an angel!
The bum’s as holy as the seraphim! the madman is holy as you my soul are holy!
The typewriter is holy the poem is holy the voice is holy the hearers are holy the ecstasy is holy!
Holy Peter holy Allen holy Solomon holy Lucien holy Kerouac holy Huncke holy Burroughs holy Cassady holy the unknown buggered and suffering beggars holy the hideous human angels!
Holy my mother in the insane asylum! Holy the cocks of the grandfathers of Kansas!
Holy the groaning saxophone! Holy the bop apocalypse! Holy the jazzbands marijuana hipsters peace peyote pipes & drums!
Holy the solitudes of skyscrapers and pavements! Holy the cafeterias filled with the millions! Holy the mysterious rivers of tears under the streets!
Holy the lone juggernaut! Holy the vast lamb of the middleclass! Holy the crazy shepherds of rebellion! Who digs Los Angeles IS Los Angeles!
Holy New York Holy San Francisco Holy Peoria & Seattle Holy Paris Holy Tangiers Holy Moscow Holy Istanbul!
Holy time in eternity holy eternity in time holy the clocks in space holy the fourth dimension holy the fifth International holy the Angel in Moloch!
Holy the sea holy the desert holy the railroad holy the locomotive holy the visions holy the hallucinations holy the miracles holy the eyeball holy the abyss!
Holy forgiveness! mercy! charity! faith! Holy! Ours! bodies! suffering! magnanimity!
Holy the supernatural extra brilliant intelligent kindness of the soul!

Even D-Bow wow-ie knew ALL is holy, man love, etc ….

with Lucifer Sam being David’s favorite cracked cat … meow

No, that stuff is "icky", not "creepy". Be better if it was creepy!

What's creepy about Lucifer Sam? He's just a Siam cat. The song was written about Syd Barrett's actual cat. Unless, I suppose, you think Barrett was possessed, or wrote it with the help of a Ouija board or something. He did, after all, have a line in another tune, "and I'm wondering who could be writing this song." I guess it wouldn't be unthinkable. Some people think Bob Dylan once cryptically suggested that he (Dylan) made a deal with the devil "a long time ago" and kept on writing and performing because he had to keep up his end of the bargain. He said he doesn't know who wrote Like A Rolling Stone. Maybe a clue is in the line, "as you stare into the vacuum of his eyes and say, 'do you want to make a deal?'" Creepy. Cue theremin music.

Whoa, who's that babe?!

The word for her begins with a B, but it sure isn't babe.

Last edited:
Whoa, who's that babe?! :hearteyes:

Holy gooey?

I really can't be a non-dualist, then, because then I'd have to believe that Noa Tishby is holy.

never heard of her. Is one holy simply because it’s stated on a t-shirt? And the need to broadcast it by wearing it, may point to something they are actually lacking in their life?

Foolish holy? ‘Look at me’ holy?
Not wholly holy, but in part holy? Harmless holy?

Though, maybe I shouldn’t have spoken on the behalf of all non-dualists, lol. But for me, it’s not the persons separate self that would be considered holy, that’s not to say that I would condemn it as entirely evil. I would think it depends on what their actions are motivated by, in order to label it holy or not.

Though I guess the word holy may have different meanings for most.

Ah, I think I misread the anon. When he said “the miserable news” came two thousand years after Jesus, I thought he was talking about Darwin or Nietzsche (≈two thousand years later). But now I see he meant Morrissey performing in J-dogg’s homeland. I thought he just tacked on “look at Morrissey in Israel” to his post as an irritant to me, since I’m always complaining about Morrissey’s Zionism. Apologies, anon! And also for calling you a he if you’re in fact a she; I do not know your gender.
No worries LS, formerly I AM. My irritation is unintended. Yet why refer to me as "anon"? My tag is "On his way out", my title "Guest". It has not changed. There are plenty of "Anons" on the site- to my knowledge none have compared the Gospels to the Mozpels (favourably at least).

If hell was purgatory, a temporal punishment, then I could understand it. But hell is eternal punishment. That’s not punitive or retributive suffering, that’s gratuitous suffering. At some point in an eternity of punishment, justice will have been met, and even the worst sinner will deserve mercy. And if God doesn’t want them around in heaven stinking up the place, he could at least do the decent thing and annihilate them.
Is it eternal? Mt 10.28 says fear him who can destroy body and soul in hell. Mt 25:46 does refer to eternal punishment- is this an exaggeration like the "uncountable" multitude of Revelation 7:9? But if it is eternal, I don't think that invalidates the penalty. Most of our societies that reject the death penalty happily continue with life imprisonment, often with sentences for hundreds of years. In either case, hell is best avoided.

Holy gooey?

never heard of her. Is one holy simply because it’s stated on a t-shirt? And the need to broadcast it by wearing it, may point to something they are actually lacking in their life?

Foolish holy? ‘Look at me’ holy?
Not wholly holy, but in part holy? Harmless holy?

Though, maybe I shouldn’t have spoken on the behalf of all non-dualists, lol. But for me, it’s not the persons separate self that would be considered holy, that’s not to say that I would condemn it as entirely evil. I would think it depends on what their actions are motivated by, in order to label it holy or not.

Though I guess the word holy may have different meanings for most.

What's creepy about Lucifer Sam? He's just a Siam cat. The song was written about Syd Barrett's actual cat. Unless, I suppose, you think Barrett was possessed, or wrote it with the help of a Ouija board or something. He did, after all, have a line in another tune, "and I'm wondering who could be writing this song." I guess it wouldn't be unthinkable. Some people think Bob Dylan once cryptically suggested that he (Dylan) made a deal with the devil "a long time ago" and kept on writing and performing because he had to keep up his end of the bargain. He said he doesn't know who wrote Like A Rolling Stone. Maybe a clue is in the line, "as you stare into the vacuum of his eyes and say, 'do you want to make a deal?'" Creepy. Cue theremin music.
The name lucifer is creepy and you know it. But thanks for the music trivia!
The word for her begins with a B, but it sure isn't babe.
Beauty then! :hammer:

Tags
christianity edith sitwell jesus religion
Back
Top Bottom