It's time the tale were told... "Such A Little Thing..." (Demo)

Jesus - a blast from the past, from 1989 no less. I remember well buying the 12 inch of Interesting Drug (in Woolworths!) and racing home from the shops to play it. Thanks for sharing this demo version of the wonderful B side.

Played this again this morning; love the released version anyway, but with this demo, just love the rawness, and in some places, lyrical clumsiness of it all, so it was interesting to compare the changes in vocal timing/delivery that were made from the demo to final released version. The "(Don't you find?)" was more prominent in the demo, too. Thanks again to @Irregular Regular for finding, & sharing.

Static link for the track (will add to OP).

All of the similar demos & rarities are (and have been) available via drive & mega.nz in the pinned post in the Downloads main forum page.
They've been reposted in various forms throughout the years and have been static (searchable) links since 2020.
FWD.

It's not bad, I don't know how much of an improvement it is over the studio version. For me, that song has always had a really 'thin' sound, but I've always enjoyed the verses. In 2023, Morrissey's voice is better than it has ever been but it's refreshing to listen to the older solo material - just to hear the early 'crafting' of his excellent voice.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom