Hyde Park 4th July

What is the deal with the 'golden circle' or whatever it is called? Are we now like the US wherein morons who know nothing but pay extra can get down the front? It'll be a sorry state of affairs if that is the case.

What is the deal with the 'golden circle' or whatever it is called? Are we now like the US wherein morons who know nothing but pay extra can get down the front? It'll be a sorry state of affairs if that is the case.

ummm, wasnt there a similiar policy when Moz played in London a couple months ago?

There is no golden circle at Wireless.

Just found out the festival takes 30,000 people.
So, please, let's have none of the ususal silly panicking about getting tickets!
And anyone foolish enough to pay more than the admission price (on e-bay or wherever) will be banned from this website!

just received this email from the official polydor/decca site:

02 Wireless Exclusive Presale
Morrissey has been confirmed as the headline act on Friday 4th July at the 02 Wireless Festival in Hyde Park.

This will be Morrissey's only UK appearance this summer, and demand for tickets is set to be extremely high. As such, an exclusive presale for users of www.itsmorrisseysworld.com opens today (Wednesday) at 9am GMT.

i think this is it guys, at least til the new album is out in Oct / Nov so make the most of it - turn up, get drunk and enjoy :guitar:

hmm I'm debating about whether or not to go. i've never been to a festival before, how long is Morrissey likely to be on stage? (sorry if it's already been asked). will he get a decent set time (around 90mins) or only an hour (or less)?

hmm I'm debating about whether or not to go. i've never been to a festival before, how long is Morrissey likely to be on stage? (sorry if it's already been asked). will he get a decent set time (around 90mins) or only an hour (or less)?

Moz is headlining so he will get to play his full set (used to be 1 hr 15, recently nearer 1hr 30).

Seeing Morrissey at festivals can be a bit of a nightmare. Lots of people there are usually waiting for a more popular band to appear afterwards (which Moz cunningly seems to sense), or flock off to a competing stage leaving big gaps in the crowd; not great for atmosphere!
But when Moz is headlining a single stage festival, it can be an excellent experience (as happened in Manchester in 2004).
Festivals generally have a great vibe though. If it's a sunny day and Moz is in good spirits and treats us to a top-notch set list, it could well be a truly splendid occasion. I'm certainly gonna get tickets...

Last edited:
The thing about "Festival" outdoor shows, is that we are all well aware of the potential spoilers. But when they are good, they are good! As mentioned earlier, the Move show at LCC was a brilliant gig. Far better than the Arena, in my opinion.

If you turn up in the right frame of mind, they are great. Ignore the tossers (they will come in busloads), and find a spot your content with. The crap lager, bogs and that dodgy looking cloud are all just part of it!

The main spoiler for me is bad schedules! When you turn up early for someone you dont want to miss, then have to stand through shite before the main act comes on. I was at Reading the year that the Pheonix Festival went belly up. They mixed the two line-ups and had a day with Garbage headlining after New Order. It was funny watching about 10,000 people leave as the "main act" came on.

There is no golden circle at Wireless.

There is when you click on the 'guide to the arena' or whatever it is called when buying tickets.

They have had a Golden Circle in place at gigs at Manchester City's stadium eversince Oasis played there in 2005 and there was crushing at the front. So by introducing a fenced off area at the front that holds say 1,000 people, they will fill it with slightly less than that so crushing at the front will not take place (and the touts can sell those tickets for more money!!:mad:)
How those tickets are dished out I dont know, I dare say Julia's ticket will be in the Golden Circle though:rolleyes:;)

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
the Move show at LCC was a brilliant gig. Far better than the Arena, in my opinion.

Brel
And in my opinion too. The MEN was for scensters and people who wanted to go to an event.
They were nowhere to be seen at LCC but the fans were at the Move festival and the extras on the WPTMIM DVD of the Move festival piss all over the MEN Arena footage.

Jukebox Jury

The setlist issue is the one for me. New Album out in Oct/Nov = (imo) too many new songs played. I went to Move in Manchester and whilst ok, It just doesnt compare with the intensity of an indoor gig. Same applies to any band with the exception on maybe Oasis who I think nail outdoor gigs.

How likely is it that with no warm up gigs, Moz will have a radically different setlist from the one that the band are comfortable with and recently played at Roundhouse etc...I wouldn't expect too many surprises

Here it says there's not a golden circle (click on "golden circle" if it just brings up the index page).

http://www.o2wirelessfestival.co.uk/info/index.aspx

:confused:

This is getting confusing, Claudia is right, the link she gives says no golden circle, yet when I attempt to buy the tickets, it says 'select tickets' (after you have said how many you want etc) and up comes general admission (golden circle) and a map of the arena comes up with a golden circle in front of the stage. I copied the page to put up here, but when pasted, it isn't the same page.:confused:

Jukebox Jury

it's just lucky he's headlining, so he'll be onstage quite late on. this way he'll avoid exposure to natural daylight and the attendant risk of heat stroke, which might cause him to phone in sick.

This is getting confusing, Claudia is right, the link she gives says no golden circle, yet when I attempt to buy the tickets, it says 'select tickets' (after you have said how many you want etc) and up comes general admission (golden circle) and a map of the arena comes up with a golden circle in front of the stage. I copied the page to put up here, but when pasted, it isn't the same page.:confused:

Jukebox Jury

It may be that some events at Hyde Park have Golden Circle tickets so ticketmaster are using their normal template for the venue, so it looks like there are Golden Circle tickets when there are none at Wireless.

Does that make sense?

Golden Circle (hyde Park)

I don't understand ... are there different tickets for this area??
If so, have they sold out by now?

Thank you
x

Back
Top Bottom