How much of a fan of Moz are you and in what way? (list you CD's-T.Shirts-Books-Love)

Re: How much of a fan of Moz are you and in what way? (list you CD's-T.Shirts-Books-L

I'm officially in love with the word "icelolly."

Re: How much of a fan of Moz are you and in what way? (list you CD's-T.Shirts-Books-L

I have to agree on the Smiths vinyl comments. To me when I found the Smiths they changed everything. Perhaps that's wrong, they helped to cement things in my mind. I got a record player last year and it through it I went back to listening to the Smiths every spare minute I had (not that I ever turned away from them, I had just moved on Moz's solo stuff really). The sound of the vinyl and the artwork are just amazing for those Smiths singles especially. For me the Smiths' vinyl is more relevant than the Moz solo one's due to the age of the releases I guess, but I love the fact that Moz still takes vinyl seriously.

I'm not going to list what I've got - I don't want to undermine some people, and then I don't want to be undermined myself! Competition amongst friends is evil!

All I will say is that I guess I went from 'fanatic' to 'fanatic/collector' early 2007 and I suppose I've done quite well, although I still have a huge wish list.

do I get any extra points for owning some VHS :eek: and cassette tapes :eek:?!
and will these points distract from showing my age? :D

~whew~
tho I did own 8 tracks -non Moz- at one point... long, long ago... but you knew that :D

I didn't, but I do now!

I had exactly one, and it's only because I bought it years later as a novelty--George Harrison's Wonderwall Music, which I couldn't find on LP anywhere.

Moz? Who? I thought this was the Cure forums. ;)

I'm a miserable fan. I'm no fan at all. I'm just a listener. I don't collect anything, I have some CDs and I like to listen to them. I'm not sure what that makes me.

for morrissey:
8 studio cds+viva hate reissue+white cover maladjusted+maladjusted promo+you are the quarry deluxe edition+ringleader cd+dvd=13

cd compilations=3

cd singles=19

live cds=2

13+3+19+2=37 cds

2 singles box sets

5 cassettes

2 dvds

11 shirts

5 posters

only 1 12 inch (boy happy picture disc) and 2 7 inches :(

the smiths:
4 studio cds+3 compilations+this charming man single+peel sessions ep=9 cds

3 cassettes

4 12 inch records

1 poster

1 shirt

and the books that i've got are morrissey shot, morrissey in conversation, songs that saved your life, and the severed alliance

i really need more vinyl but it's so hard to find in minnesota and i haven't got much money because college is taking it all :(

Last edited:

Aww... I know what you mean :) I got a record player recently and I really have to control myself not to buy everything (I ALREADY HAVE) in vinyl - plus I tend to buy the new ones in vinyl too, for instance, I originally ordered a THPGU CD single, but then changed my order and got a 7'' (the one with why don't you find out... as a b side - beautiful stuff :)).

I know... I figured it was either order them right now or pay more later when the only place to get them is ebay. :rolleyes: (I hope I actually receive them though. Other people in the US have gotten theirs and mine shipped on the first, but it's not here yet. :()

I eat meat, I agree with an open immigration policy, I'd piss on the Union Jack and I just illegally downloaded the Greatest Hits live bonus disc off of the Download thread. Bite me. :mad:

Coiff.

I know... I figured it was either order them right now or pay more later when the only place to get them is ebay. :rolleyes: (I hope I actually receive them though. Other people in the US have gotten theirs and mine shipped on the first, but it's not here yet. :()

I hope you'll receive them soon. I really love the cover and the style of that 7 inch :) also why don't you find out for yourself is one of my fav songs... :D just love that live version :guitar:

I eat meat, I agree with an open immigration policy, I'd piss on the Union Jack and I just illegally downloaded the Greatest Hits live bonus disc off of the Download thread. Bite me. :mad:

Coiff.

oohhh no,we like you...we don't bite the people we like :D :p

I have

5 smiths shirts

4 Moz shirts

Peice of a Moz shirt

1 Moz belt buckle

1 Smiths belt buckle

4 Morrissey/Smiths pins

4 Cd's (I suck in this area although I do plan to buy em all)

Multiple pictures on my wall, even convinved my mom to draw him for me

2 Smiths dvds

2 Moz dvd's

I have songs that saved your life, the early years, severed alliance, this charming man

been to 2 concerts, did a report on him and I'm a vegitarian

I feel like i'm leaving something out.

several gigs
several books
several hours on here talking shite......

what does it matter anyways?:confused:

oohhh no,we like you...we don't bite the people we like :D :p

Thank you, I always appreciate a kind sentiment. I'm just a leeetle bit fed up of these "Are you really a real Moz fan and if so, how do you know you are? Can you prove it?" threads. Isn't the fact that we post on a Morrissey fan forum enough proof of our devotion!? :confused:

Coiff.

~whew~
tho I did own 8 tracks -non Moz- at one point... long, long ago... but you knew that :D

I still have one, for some reason, i was;nt even born when the format was invented (or when it went out of fashion) but i have one as it makes me look :guitar: but also a bit:o

Thank you, I always appreciate a kind sentiment. I'm just a leeetle bit fed up of these "Are you really a real Moz fan and if so, how do you know you are? Can you prove it?" threads. Isn't the fact that we post on a Morrissey fan forum enough proof of our devotion!? :confused:

Coiff.

Clearly not.

Answer me this, then i will pass judgement:
Do you own the HSIN 7" promo with "you are a real fan" etched along the run-out?

several gigs
several books
several hours on here talking shite......

what does it matter anyways?:confused:

Just wondering mate. Interested to see the various stages people are at with Morrissey.

Coiff.

I wasn't thinking "Are you really a real Moz fan and if so, how do you know you are? Can you prove it?"

I'm just interested where people are at with Morrissey. Just interested in people and their collections and experiences. This is a forum for Morrissey fans is it not?

I don't care if people are hunter gatherer carnivorous bysexual George Bush loving yellow bellies without a single Moz CD or merchandise to their name, I just want to learn as much as i can from them.

My question was in no way related in thought or action to the recent threads, which are purely to PROVE ones devotion with an outlandish statement. This is just meant to be a simple, non stressy, fun loving thread where people can share their lists of items and love for Moz. In WHATEVER form that takes - wether that be physical items, emotional memories, their own sketches, self engraved tatoos gauged into them by a fountain pen, a Morrissey wig glued to their head....ANYTHING.

Nothing to do with levels of devotion - Nothing to do with being a 'better' fan. Just simply you and Moz and what you have to show this. If that is nothing, cool, if that is every Morrissey item that has ever been made, equally cool.

Last edited:

do I get any extra points for owning some VHS :eek: and cassette tapes :eek:?!
and will these points distract from showing my age? :D

I have my original Meat is Murder cassette, purchased because I liked the cover though I'd never heard of the band, that's got to be worth some cred or something...or maybe I just never throw anything away....

As long as they're not 8-tracks, or 8mm movies, you should be fine.

I had an 8mm camera, I hope nothing I recorded on that is still in existence.

I'm a miserable fan.

That's the height of Morrissey fandom!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom