How many of you are vegetarian because of Morrissey?

I have been a vegetarian since hearing Meat is murder and to be honest i dont miss meat at all. 23 years and counting. I dont ever intend to eat meat or fish but by the same token i wouldnt necessarily call myself an animal lover. I absolutely cant stand cats but there you go.

None of my family are vegetarians, and I have had some pretty strange xmas dinners (tikka masala one year). I also dont eat dairy (milk, yoghurt, cheese, cream or butter) because i am lactose intolerrant but i do eat the occasional egg so i suppose i am not strictly vegan.

For those of you who have just started to take the path of becoming a veggie, good luck and stick with it. :)

I have become vegetarian for two weeks now. If it wasn't for Meat is Murder and Morrissey I would have never have thought of becoming one.
I do miss meat but I can survive without it.
Sometimes I think I'm crazy for being a vegetarian just because Morrissey said that eating meat is murder....
How many of you have become vegetarian because of Morrissey?

Morrissey was certainly a contributing factor, but my conscience had been pricked by an increased awareness of the meat industry. I've been vegetarian for 2 years now and it was easier than I ever thought possible. A quick tip- Cauldron and Quorn do some BRILLIANT meat substitutes!

I was for a year or so, then realised I didn't actually give a crap so now eat meat again, despite the fact that the smell of meat gets worse and worse when one hasn't eaten it for some time.

Morrissey was certainly a contributing factor, but my conscience had been pricked by an increased awareness of the meat industry. I've been vegetarian for 2 years now and it was easier than I ever thought possible. A quick tip- Cauldron and Quorn do some BRILLIANT meat substitutes!

Snap! Although I've only been one for 1 and a half years.
Edit:
Whoops! Sorry I should say I'm not a veggie as I still eat fish...for those whos knickers get twisted about terms like that.

Last edited:
I stopped eating red meat before I started listening to Morrissey, but I've just given up chicken and fish, which is probably something I either wouldn't have done or would have taken much longer to do if I hadn't been a Mozzer fan :] I love the taste of meat, but whenever I get cravings I just eat turkey-and-stuffing style Quorn sandwiches, or something salty, and listen over and over to Meat is Murder...

fo those of you who eat tuna..dophins often get caught in these huge nets....and die a terrible terrible death:

there certian brands who wont use these huge nets i need to find the recommend brand they use in online( tomorrow)

a bit info
http://www.earthisland.org/dolphinSafeTuna/consumer/

i ve been a veggie since i was 13
nothing to do with moz i sincebought my first smiths cd when i was 18/19

Just out of interest, what's the justification of veggies who eat fish?

yes, ie to know this too, because how is it ok to murder a fish but not other animals?

Just out of interest, what's the justification of veggies who eat fish?

I'm not justifying anything it's just personal choice. Which is fair enough in my opinion. I hate meat ('land animal' meat) but I don't care if people want to eat it.

Maybe if he was nice to her, Kylie would go veg too and convert her fans. Then they could do a duet of the song. Hey

I've had no meat (which we know is fish too) for 19 years!
I'm so proud of myself but it get's easier and easier. both Paul Mccartney with his common sense that it's easy and healthy and Morrissey with his passion to be against all cruelty to animals including animal testing.
chek out these site for advice and recipes:see the video of Morrissey accepting the Linda McCartney Memorial Award for PETA just type morrissey and Linda McCartney in seach
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/kenny07photos/morrissey72-1.jpg
http://www.peta.org/
http://www.vegsoc.org/

Great post Lottie.
I couldn't agree more. I've ben a vegetarian for 19 years and it's easy if your passionate, there's so much choice ermm it's called fruit and veg!

I went veggie, and yes it was because of Morrissey. His personal views on the matter made me think about what I was puting into my body and the cruelty that animals are subjected to. It's been 6 months now and I feel so much healthier and in general make healthier food choices.
Also discovered that I absolutley love almonds! :)

so nice to hear some really positive stories, Im so proud of all you Veggies,
i know im a total fusspot, (i wont eat out in places that serve meat, in case they cross contaminate and my food gets cut with a knife thats been on meat etc, *it happens, i work in catering and ive seen it*) but thats because when i first became veggie it was easy to cut out the ACTUAL meat, but as you go along you learn stuff, about food stufffs you thought were safe but are pumped full of gelatine or colourings from squished beetles... :mad:
so now i am ultra fussy, and read all ingredients etc,
the best bit of advice i can ever give regarding this is, if you arent sure then dont purchase/eat it.

ive sure missed out on some yummy desserts in my time because i havent known the EXACT ingredients and would rather not risk it. but i can live with that, :D

Back
Top Bottom