How many of you are vegetarian because of Morrissey?

thanks for all your interesting stories!
I am gonna try to stay a vegetarian but I am facing a little problem since my mum doesn't want to let me continue not eating meat...
she says I won't grow since I am 16. I don't know what to tell her to convince her to let me be a vegetarian...:tears:

at 16, you aren't gonna grow much more to be honest (excpet maybe width wise,;)) just tell her you'd rather starve...
worked with my mother she was worse than this, tryna make out that making me meals with no meat would cost her too much, and if she made me a meal she wouldnt just leave the meat off my plate (like most rational people would) and then have a hissy fit about me wasting it...
so i basically stopped eating at home, made myself a little ill by trying to survive on my school lunch and nabbed bits of fruit only, then i got a job and managed to buy my own food, thus bypassing her altogether,
then of course i left ASAP and i have hardly spoken to her since. but thats a totally different and uneccessary tale. :rolleyes:
try the bookshop idea that someone else suggested, tell her you'll take extra vitamin tablets, etc etc...
good luck, because I know how hard it is tryna convince someone who doesnt want to believe, that it isnt gonna hurt you to skip meat, in fact it'll make you healthier..

thanks for all your interesting stories!
I am gonna try to stay a vegetarian but I am facing a little problem since my mum doesn't want to let me continue not eating meat...
she says I won't grow since I am 16. I don't know what to tell her to convince her to let me be a vegetarian...:tears:

I don't mean to be rude but aren't you a bit old for your mother to be telling you what to eat?

I stopped eating meat when i was twelve and my mum was very helpful and cooked me lovely veggie meals.Nothing can make you eat something that is abhoront to you.

I'd rebel a bit if i were you.Its good for the soul.

you are all absolutely right!
My mum is finally convinced only because we went to the doctor's and she confirmed that I can be a vegetarian and it won't affect me!
thanks for all your advice!:D
now I'm gonna have to cook for myslef but that won't be a problem I hope! (although the only think I can cook is toast:p)

you are all absolutely right!
My mum is finally convinced only because we went to the doctor's and she confirmed that I can be a vegetarian and it won't affect me!
thanks for all your advice!:D
now I'm gonna have to cook for myslef but that won't be a problem I hope! (although the only think I can cook is toast:p)

YAY for that intelligent doctor...
now to find yourself an easy cook book... :D

Re: How Many Of You Are Morrissey Because Of Vegetarian?

once again, the failed understanding of an intricate language wrongly moved a thread. Dave, I got it!

hahaha! well, it wasn't the best joke ever but thanx. ;)

I don't mean to be rude but aren't you a bit old for your mother to be telling you what to eat?

I stopped eating meat when i was twelve and my mum was very helpful and cooked me lovely veggie meals.Nothing can make you eat something that is abhoront to you.

I'd rebel a bit if i were you.Its good for the soul.
Some parents can be a bit hard. An example: my dad approved that I left all meat, except fish. We have argued about it few times...

But I think that parents shouldn't force their children eat meat. I would like to rebel a little about that fish thing, but I don't have energy to.

Last edited:
Some parents can be a bit hard. An example: my dad approved that I left all meat, except fish. We have argued about it few times...

But I think that parents shouldn't force their children eat meat. I would like to rebel a little about that fish thing, but I don't have energy to.[/QUOTE

My parents always had trouble telling me to do anything.

Strange thing is lately i've found myslf turning into this strange manic evil version of my mum with my kids!!

Eating fish means you're not a vegetarian though.

Hide it under your mash or something.;)

But I think that parents shouldn't force their children eat meat. I would like to rebel a little about that fish thing, but I don't have energy to.[/QUOTE

Strange thing is lately i've found myslf turning into this strange manic evil version of my mum with my kids!!

Why everyone keeps telling me that: "You're not vegetarian, because you eat fish"
I know it. But at least it's better than eating all meat.

I'm vegetarian..
I've started several times..
Last time i tried my Parents made me stop because i wasn't eating anything..
I've been one for about 8 months..
I want to go Vegan..
It wasn't Moz that made me start though..
I can't even think of going back to meat..

my grandmother seems to think chicken and fish aren't meat.

that was definitely a "wtf" moment for me.

I'm a vegetarian because of Morrissey, in an indirect way. My father stopped eating meat in the 80's, being a hard core Smiths fan. Wel that's only true to some extend; he said Morrissey had merely 'opened his eyes' on something he had always experienced as being horribly wrong. He also convinced my mother not to give me meat if I didn't ask for it. I never did ask for it, not did I eat it. I wouldn't know what meat tastes like; I know though it stinks of death. When I was about 12 years old, I asked him if he ever had forbidden me to eat meat. He said he never had, that I had made that decision on my own although I was still a very little girl. He said that he the more he encouraged me to think for myself, the more I cared what he thought.
If all this hadn't been the case, I would have made the decision of becoming a vegetarian anyway though, with or without Morrissey.

"Auschwitz begins wherever someone looks at a slaughterhouse and thinks: they're only animals."
(Theodor Adorno)

Last edited:
For some reason i can´t explain, i know St. Peter will call my name :guitar::horny:

Back
Top Bottom