Helsinki, Finland - Flow Festival (Aug. 13, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by Sarcasmos.

• Flow Festival / Flickr photos (3 total)

38962_helsinki2.jpg

• Photo posted by an anonymous person:

38961_helsinki.jpg
  • Morrissey on poliittisempi kuin koskaan, eikä hänen suosionsa vaikuta laantuvan by Otto Talvio (2 photos by Juha Metso) - Helsingin Sanomat (Finnish). Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Way Out West festival – Morrissey rocks the meat-free world by Hannah Ellis-Petersen (1 photo by Annika Berglund) - The Guardian. Link posted by Sarcasmos.

Last edited:
What a shit set list. I swear these songs have been performed 2-3yrs in a row and if not it has felt like it. Is he aware of his vast song collection or is he going to sing these tired songs till he keels over?
Agree. Someone in another thread mentioned him writing close to 300 songs. He has tons of material to chose from. I guess the lawnmovers can't pull it off.

What a shit set list. I swear these songs have been performed 2-3yrs in a row and if not it has felt like it. Is he aware of his vast song collection or is he going to sing these tired songs till he keels over?

Another very informative post for marred arse and the munchkins to avoid. Every performance is like Groundhog Day. Basically the present lawnmower line up just can't cut the mustard, we have to put with this shit because our leader is "special" and doesn't have the confidence to work with professional musicians. The songs are in their very worst state now thanks to big Martin the smelly polecat and his so called ' arrangements ' .
Looking forward to the big homecoming groundhog performance :eek:

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

This was the 5th time I saw Moz in Finland and this was him being the most political so far. The video backgrounds for Ganglord and Meat is Murder are shocking. I thought he was in good form and the band played tight. I enjoyed the change of intruments at the end of Speedway and the keyboardist singing the song in Spanish, a nice and funny moment.

The gig was at the red tent that holds 15000, and it was packed.

I was wondering about the black and white photos in the backdrops. Could someone id them for me?

Thanks,
MK

PS. What's with the abuse here? Not cool.

Hi normal human being,

I'd say 70% percent of the people on here are bitter, demented, self obsessed, obsessed, know it all, loathsome, delusional, depressed, whining, moaning, bitching, mentalists! The other 25% are worse. Then there is that 5% that comes here to check the updates and occasionally reads the comments, thinks 'what a bunch of nob-ends' and wishes I hadn't bothered. Glad you enjoyed yourself, he is still a man of interest to me, and yes we are gonna miss him when is gone!

I hate morrissey's bones!! Stone him STONE him!!! Only joshing!!

Take care
T

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:
Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by Sarcasmos.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnqQ1BxwVn3yK21H5gVK7Xg974D3U2kJU

I'm
P
Nice try but it was a festival performance not a show performance, no credit can be gained for audience numbers at festivals. You will see the difference when he performs at his homecoming performance, which as of yet is still very cloudy in the respect of it being a meat and dairy free performance ! Fear not I have taken measures to try and get to the bottom of Manchester arena being a meat and dairy free performance on another board so please be patient and check in regularly this week for all the latest info/updates. A whole pop career is riding on Manchester arena being 100% meat and dairy free. No more excuses like Madison square garden I have decided to pardon that one. Any sign of animal rape in Mancfester that's it the game is over he can take his fat arse back to the 5* Lowry hotel ghetto for a good spanking session with Diesel.
My neck and rep is on the line now people may the best man win !

Just remind us how many years it's been that you've been confidently predicting the end of his career...? Eight...nine...?

I'm
P
Nice try but it was a festival performance not a show performance, no credit can be gained for audience numbers at festivals. You will see the difference when he performs at his homecoming performance, which as of yet is still very cloudy in the respect of it being a meat and dairy free performance ! Fear not I have taken measures to try and get to the bottom of Manchester arena being a meat and dairy free performance on another board so please be patient and check in regularly this week for all the latest info/updates. A whole pop career is riding on Manchester arena being 100% meat and dairy free. No more excuses like Madison square garden I have decided to pardon that one. Any sign of animal rape in Mancfester that's it the game is over he can take his fat arse back to the 5* Lowry hotel ghetto for a good spanking session with Diesel.
My neck and rep is on the line now people may the best man win !

I will be tuned in all week to see how the UK Morrissey Cult Convention shapes up. I remember 4 years ago when he pulled the MEN stunt during the last Olympics. That gig was a corker, came on early causing a crush from the bar from those who were avoiding Kristeen Young, no side-video screens for those lost in the far reaches of the souless cavern. This time looks even more promising as it's £1 a minute for his 80 minute set and with a likely selection of songs so insipid and uninspiring that smelling salts will be handed out as people arrive to revive them from nodding off halfway through. I note that Ouija Board has returned as Morrissey tries to summon help from the Occult to stop us banjaxing his latest homecoming. But I have Zozo on my side, what demon can Morrissey summon in response? Some silly little troll who'll tell Morrissey lies on the board, saying he's still popular and relevant. Expect a confetti storm of free tickets in the pubs and clubs of Manchester as the gig approaches and it remains half-sold, remembering Morrissey is very much a glass half-empty kind of guy. As always, thanks for your sterling efforts debunking the Crank-Fraud!

Oh, look, the promoters who tried to create artificial scarcity by claiming all standing tickets sold on day 1 are discounting their hoard of standing tickets on secondary sites already. A week from showtime. They smell the coffee!

Ive got my Manchester tickets, standing, tonight, £120 for 2, so happy enough with that, so see you there Benny the British Bullshitter! hahaha

Just remind us how many years it's been that you've been confidently predicting the end of his career...? Eight...nine...?

On his original terms of being entitled to 'global, religious Fame' his career ended decades ago when he failed to 'crack America' with his early solo albums. Everything since has been a step-ladder down to failure with a brief nostalgic 2004 reprise at MEN of 'what could have been'. When the Stone Roses sell out multiple nights in stadiums in Manchester yet Morrissey cannot even sell out a single night at the MEN, only the delusional would deny he is in the twilight of his career. A final finale swan-song of success? Hard to envisage unless he fully recants his absurdities. Or reforms The Smiths if Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce can agree terms for the original astonishing collaboration to resume for a Coda.

On his original terms of being entitled to 'global, religious Fame' his career ended decades ago when he failed to 'crack America' with his early solo albums. Everything since has been a step-ladder down to failure with a brief nostalgic 2004 reprise at MEN of 'what could have been'. When the Stone Roses sell out multiple nights in stadiums in Manchester yet Morrissey cannot even sell out a single night at the MEN, only the delusional would deny he is in the twilight of his career. A final finale swan-song of success? Hard to envisage unless he fully recants his absurdities. Or reforms The Smiths if Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce can agree terms for the original astonishing collaboration to resume for a Coda.

To be fair Bummie, how many tickets could Ian Brown (whom I like) sell if he was performing solo?

After one hours performance Morrissey was told by the organizer that the time is up. That's why there were not an encore. All the other sets in the festival were only one hour gigs too, for example Chvrches and M83 before Morrissey. Too short venues have awaken critics in the social media, and for a reason. They should have been at least 90 min.

In front of the stage there were a group of fans waiting for Morrissey about six hours before the show. Even we Finnish are quiet, there was a lot of sing-along and a good atmosphere though it was a festival gig. Many people from Russia and Estonia in the crowd too.

About the food: Food plays an essential role at Flow Festival. Lots of vegan choices as well as the use of organic and sustainably produced ingredients as you can read from the festival web pages.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom