Has Morrissey lost his poetic gift?

re: the bit about songs being growers-

The first time I heard the Smiths- and the very first time was just a few bars sung by a friend- I was gobsmacked. Cut school the next day to go buy Strangeways. That's the kind of power I expect from Morrissey. Because I had never heard anything like the phrase "girlfriend in a coma" and certainly not set to a pretty poppy tune. Now, waaaay back then we didn't have the internet giving us play by play on new songs being tried out live. You had to wait for MTV to deign to show us a video every now and then, or wait for an official release. But still. I'm used to Moz mixing subtlety and obfuscation in with the plain, crude lines. And humor. Gotta have humor.

"I was driving my car,
I crashed and broke my spine,
So yes, there are things worse in life than
never being some-one's sweetie.'

That doesn't even scan well. Something's just off.

Thank you.

Robby, I don't talk this way except when I've had a few drinks, and then I'm just as boring to listen to as I am to read.

Also I stand up when I pee, and not because I'm a patriot.

Worm always sounds smart :D ...it doesn't mean she is right. :eek:

Worm...you are a she, right?

Hahaha, what makes you think Worm is a woman?

I remember Worm mentioned about his girlfriend when he was showing her Live in Dallas.

Worm is positively male, not a woman. ;)

I remember Worm mentioned about his girlfriend when he was showing her Live in Dallas.

Not everyone recalls things like that, I knew he was a he, but it is rather funny how people asume who is male and female, I have noticed people making mistakes recently, slummy thought southpawglam was a woman, and a few people thought Cassius was a fella. :p

because for some reason i naturally assign gender to people who don't specify. If they sound intelligent and cool, they end up being, most often, female. If they sound conservative and Republican, they end up being male. To bring up a couple examples.

I guess worm's posts make me want to sleep with her...but there is no 'her' :eek:

Thank you.

Robby, I don't talk this way except when I've had a few drinks, and then I'm just as boring to listen to as I am to read.

Also I stand up when I pee, and not because I'm a patriot.
umm, wow, that's pretty deep for past 1 to not 5 in the afternoon
me thinks :p

because for some reason i naturally assign gender to people who don't specify. If they sound intelligent and cool, they end up being, most often, female. If they sound conservative and Republican, they end up being male. To bring up a couple examples.

I guess worm's posts make me want to sleep with her...but there is no 'her' :eek:
yeah, if worm were a girl
i'd wanna do her too :p

I, uh...I'm flattered guys. But I see I'm having the right effect on the wrong gender. Using this intriguing (but terrifying) knowledge, I think I will now talk about beer drinking, football, and the halcyon days of Ronald Reagan.

I, uh...I'm flattered guys. But I see I'm having the right effect on the wrong gender. Using this intriguing (but terrifying) knowledge, I think I will now talk about beer drinking, football, and the halcyon days of Ronald Reagan.

see...you actually made me lol. Most people on here don't do it for me. are you sure you are a dude. oh nevermind.

Light years away from being true.............

Agree with you 99%

Brilliance is very rarely recognised instantly. Infact look at the bands in the charts today that are being called brilliant, but how will they fair with the sands of time?

Look at bands that were big 10 years ago how have they faired?

How do you mean?
the BEST thing about visconti
8_Kristeen_Young_kyb940.jpg

is his gf's legs :rolleyes:

Last edited:
in fact... it would be an utter lie to say he's anywhere near to losing his poetic gift. this album just has a different tone to it than others before... is that such a bad thing? who knows what the next one will be like.

Well its not the album (if you are talking about ringleader) it is the 2 new songs that he has previewed on the us tour. I love Ringleader for the most part.

in fact... it would be an utter lie to say he's anywhere near to losing his poetic gift. this album just has a different tone to it than others before... is that such a bad thing? who knows what the next one will be like.

we do know some..we heard two songs.

Back
Top Bottom