GoFundMe for Jo Slee

Screenshot_20240225-055941~3.png

Via Ally Phillips:

"...In July 2023 Jo was diagnosed with a recurrence and is now embarking on an intensive period of treatment, healing and recovery, again combining allopathic and holistic medicine. She tried chemo, but after two rounds, had to decline as the side-effects were so ferocious and catastrophic.

Since then she has had ablation to metastases in her liver, and is now fully immersed in a protocol of ongoing holistic treatment, alongside NHS tests and monitoring.

The most recent test results (January 2024) have been encouraging, showing further reduction in both primary and axilla sites, and the liver clear.

Funding: Initial costs, including supplements, many trips to hospital locally, a private consultation, and the trip to UCLH in London for liver ablation, came to £1820. We estimate that ongoing specifically targeted supplements and vitamins will cost £476 per month. Thus the target we have set is the initial cost plus 24 months of ongoing support (£11,424), total £15,503.

We want to give this wonderful woman every support we can, hence this appeal to her circle of friends and family to help support her ongoing monthly costs and return to full health and vitality. All funds go directly to cover treatment, the targeted supplements and vitamins prescribed for her, along with any transport costs relating to hospital visits..."

First shared by @Dorothy in another thread (original post), GoFundMe link:

Slee_Morrissey_1991.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Total went up by £745 since this story was posted with one anon @ £500.
Good to see.
FWD.

View attachment 101930

Via Ally Phillips:

"...In July 2023 Jo was diagnosed with a recurrence and is now embarking on an intensive period of treatment, healing and recovery, again combining allopathic and holistic medicine. She tried chemo, but after two rounds, had to decline as the side-effects were so ferocious and catastrophic.

Since then she has had ablation to metastases in her liver, and is now fully immersed in a protocol of ongoing holistic treatment, alongside NHS tests and monitoring.

The most recent test results (January 2024) have been encouraging, showing further reduction in both primary and axilla sites, and the liver clear.

Funding: Initial costs, including supplements, many trips to hospital locally, a private consultation, and the trip to UCLH in London for liver ablation, came to £1820. We estimate that ongoing specifically targeted supplements and vitamins will cost £476 per month. Thus the target we have set is the initial cost plus 24 months of ongoing support (£11,424), total £15,503.

We want to give this wonderful woman every support we can, hence this appeal to her circle of friends and family to help support her ongoing monthly costs and return to full health and vitality. All funds go directly to cover treatment, the targeted supplements and vitamins prescribed for her, along with any transport costs relating to hospital visits..."

First shared by @Dorothy in another thread (original post), GoFundMe link:

I’ve heard nothing but nice things about Jo
Life can be a fecking bitch.
Think I can get some peeps to pony up

This is so sad to read. My thoughts are with Jo. I have made a donation and urge others to do so, however small.

Too much cancer around. One in 3 now. I don't see why this should be so.

Immuno-therapy has worked well for some I know. Wishing the legendary Jo Slee a full recovery and all the support needed :flowers:

It's going to get better in the coming years regarding cancer treatment. These future treatments will be light-years ahead of treatments even from 5-10 years ago.

Viva Life! Viva Strength!

It's going to get better in the coming years regarding cancer treatment. These future treatments will be light-years ahead of treatments even from 5-10 years ago.

Maybe, but cancer causes are proliferating as quickly, unfortunately.

Viva Life and Strength, for sure though! 😺

Either Johnny or Moz could pay for this and not notice the loss of cash.
Definitely maybe, in the sense that very wealthy people also go bankrupt. Didn't Michael Jackson? Who knows? It's for themselves anyway. And contributions are rolling now 😇

Maybe, but cancer causes are proliferating as quickly, unfortunately.

Viva Life and Strength, for sure though! 😺

Definitely maybe, in the sense that very wealthy people also go bankrupt. Didn't Michael Jackson? Who knows? It's for themselves anyway. And contributions are rolling now 😇

Moz will never go bankrupt...he's too tight.

This will never happen but they could use it as an excuse to get together for a few songs. The Suede Albert Hall concert for Teenage Trust led them to reforming. That'll never happen with Moz/Marr but this would be a chance for people to put their egos/hurt pride aside and do something good.
Yeah mate that was a top gig , not quite prime Bernad Butler era but fire ,all the same . I actually got a bit teary at that gig
so many fecking suede gigs were about them proving themselves. Shaking this bowie , smiths tag. This was one of the first gigs they seemed to enjoy it . Actually since then most of their gigs are like that I think suede equaled Smiths and Bowie at times , in the early BB era. Such great fecking songs

I think it would be great if M and Johnny could do a gig , if not together then on the same bill. Jo was such a part of Smiths lore . She used to go to so many gigs as well
I know it won’t happen i wouldn’t be surprised if Johnny did do something he is good like that .
We all know M rarely does anything to help anyone these days. Shit even in the 90s he didn’t pay one guy and the guy really needed the dosh, he had a handicapped kid that’s the fecking story I heard anyway
If I were M if I couldn’t force myself to do it
for the right reasons , I’d fecking do it , to earn brownie points . This post really got me down as it goes so many people I know lost to cancer . There is no god , there can’t be

As an oncologist I can tell you this is nonsense. Given the almost infinite possibilities in which a tumour can evolve, and the very large number of cells in a late-stage tumour, which could be several hundred billion cells - achieving cures in all patients with late-stage disease is a next to impossible. Cancer cells are very adaptive, especially when the cancer is at an advanced stage, this is why we have had no 'significant' breakthroughs in the last 20 years. The new range of drugs like TKI's have horrendous side effects and bring little benefit. Cancer is a journey. Not a fight or a battle to be won. The Cancer Miracle isn’t a Cure. It’s Prevention. Current research suggests that at least half of cancer cases could be prevented by applying what we already know.

As an oncologist I can tell you this is nonsense. Given the almost infinite possibilities in which a tumour can evolve, and the very large number of cells in a late-stage tumour, which could be several hundred billion cells - achieving cures in all patients with late-stage disease is a next to impossible. Cancer cells are very adaptive, especially when the cancer is at an advanced stage, this is why we have had no 'significant' breakthroughs in the last 20 years. The new range of drugs like TKI's have horrendous side effects and bring little benefit. Cancer is a journey. Not a fight or a battle to be won. The Cancer Miracle isn’t a Cure. It’s Prevention. Current research suggests that at least half of cancer cases could be prevented by applying what we already know.

UPMC, it's not nonsense.

I take it that you were never employed by St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Speaking of research, there are plenty of doctors out there who stick to research and don't see patients - and it's okay to be the former. I get the notion that you may have already been down that avenue.

Obviously we're talking early stages of cancer here, but thank you for your opinion anyway. Do I need to pay the co-pay, or was this one a freebie? :D Are you ALSO the admin? Reason I'm asking is that I need to update my mailing address.

Last edited:
Yeah mate that was a top gig , not quite prime Bernad Butler era but fire ,all the same . I actually got a bit teary at that gig
so many fecking suede gigs were about them proving themselves. Shaking this bowie , smiths tag. This was one of the first gigs they seemed to enjoy it . Actually since then most of their gigs are like that I think suede equaled Smiths and Bowie at times , in the early BB era. Such great fecking songs

I think it would be great if M and Johnny could do a gig , if not together then on the same bill. Jo was such a part of Smiths lore . She used to go to so many gigs as well
I know it won’t happen i wouldn’t be surprised if Johnny did do something he is good like that .
We all know M rarely does anything to help anyone these days. Shit even in the 90s he didn’t pay one guy and the guy really needed the dosh, he had a handicapped kid that’s the fecking story I heard anyway
If I were M if I couldn’t force myself to do it
for the right reasons , I’d fecking do it , to earn brownie points . This post really got me down as it goes so many people I know lost to cancer . There is no god , there can’t be

Keep making today count. I'm very sorry for your losses.

This is a spot-on assessment. The "cure" will be preventative means to not get it to begin with. Which the futurist boffins say is still a generation or three away.

I think fasting goes a long way to preventing it. I don't mean just if you get cancer, but once a year as a healthy person you should fast for a few weeks (prolonged, NOT intermittent). This will get rid of toxins and free radicals, speed up healing, address any budding issues, so that if you do get cancer your system will be prepared to fight it. A good test of whether or not you need to fast is if you can't go a day without eating without feeling sick or dizzy--if that's the case you are very toxic and NEED to fast.

Back
Top Bottom