genius steals.....................

ALLIE WALLS

Has this been done before? Does anyone know of songs that they feel have been ripped off by morrissey. I always felt that the beginning of jack the ripper sounded alot like the beginning of making plans for nigel by xtc and the headmasters ritual sounded like twilight cafe by susan fassbender.
Alan

Has this been done before? Does anyone know of songs that they feel have been ripped off by morrissey. I always felt that the beginning of jack the ripper sounded alot like the beginning of making plans for nigel by xtc and the headmasters ritual sounded like twilight cafe by susan fassbender.
Alan

Susan Fassbender was from Bradford. I've never heard that reference before. The chords on Headmaster are so odd that the reference surprises me, but I can see what you're getting at. Anyhoo, have a look here.

Peter

Thanks for that Peter, unfortunatly the link doesnt work anymore also i seem to remember a line in a song by The go betweens which mentions eskimo blood or something?

Alan

Marr has cited numerous influences that he "borrowed" transitions or opening chords or reworked chords from. Ex: Rusholme Ruffians

Morrissey on the other hand is a blatant plagiarist as many of his lyrics have been traced to movies and music that he cites as his personal favorites. Ex: Sheila Take a Bow,

Back
Top Bottom