Footage of Morrissey leaving Mexico 19th March, 2018

I moved these from the Vive section as they are not related to the festival as such:

He got on a plane bound for L.A.

Morrissey signs autographs on his way out of Mexico today:

Through the airport with entourage:

Video by Jorge Avilés.

Pics:

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Rifke, that's a great offer. If Morrissey doesn't take it maybe Noel Gallagher will do.
gee, I don't know, count. I'm not sure that noel Gallagher is really the clientele I cater to. I suppose a girl cant be too picky though. and besides, when moz sees how delicious noels bottom looks in the jeans I pick out for him, maybe he'll realize then how he cant do without me.

Yah I suppose, but following him around with a phone/camcorder recording him walking when obviously he doesn't want to be recorded? I guess it's harmless enough but I wouldn't like it happening to me once, never mind the thousands of times Moz has put up with it. Maybe he's impervious to it.
ive said it before, it's camera rape. why do we take a picture of something? why is it not enough that we just experience something in the moment? because taking a picture of something makes us feel like we own it, the experience or the image. ive always thought there was something really quite bestial about taking someones picture when they don't want it taken.

ive said it before, it's camera rape. why do we take a picture of something? why is it not enough that we just experience something in the moment? because taking a picture of something makes us feel like we own it, the experience or the image. ive always thought there was something really quite bestial about taking someones picture when they don't want it taken.

An Italian gentleman named Poppa Rotzzi invented taking someones picture when they do not want it taken. Blame it on him then.

I certainly don't blame him for being surrounded by goons. Especially in Mexico where even one's Gran could get kidnapped.

Geez I’m starting to feel bad for the other guys in this photo. Bald gorillas and goons

Camera rape - too true. It also annoys me when people take pictures in busy areas. When you do this it's the same as cordoning off the whole pavement and I pay my Council Tax to walk down the street unimpeded. Also, in some religions having your photo taken, is said to rob you of your soul. I've never been raped - thank God - but it really does feel like a violation when people (strangers) take my picture, and I'm a pretty well-balanced person and not particularly sensitive.

Camera rape - too true. It also annoys me when people take pictures in busy areas. When you do this it's the same as cordoning off the whole pavement and I pay my Council Tax to walk down the street unimpeded. Also, in some religions having your photo taken, is said to rob you of your soul. I've never been raped - thank God - but it really does feel like a violation when people (strangers) take my picture, and I'm a pretty well-balanced person and not particularly sensitive.
i know! the last thing I want to do is end up in some cheesy home movie or on someones facebook page. in cruise ship season the downtown here is flooded with tourists all taking pictures of things that they could really just buying postcards of instead. I mean, there are really only two things to take pictures of here: the empress hotel and the parliament buildings, and for that any of the multitudinous tourist shops lining the main street have you covered. and yet, I am constantly having to weave in and around people with their cameras out. sometimes ill stand back and let them get their shot, but it irks me when they think this means they can take an hour about it, so then ill give them a look meant to communicate that this whole business is really lame and that whatever they're wanting to get a picture of--their homely wife in front of the topiary whale or whatever--is just too stupid for words, and secretly hope it embarrasses them in their need to take pictures, which need I have never felt myself.

i know! the last thing I want to do is end up in some cheesy home movie or on someones facebook page. in cruise ship season the downtown here is flooded with tourists all taking pictures of things that they could really just buying postcards of instead. I mean, there are really only two things to take pictures of here: the empress hotel and the parliament buildings, and for that any of the multitudinous tourist shops lining the main street have you covered. and yet, I am constantly having to weave in and around people with their cameras out. sometimes ill stand back and let them get their shot, but it irks me when they think this means they can take an hour about it, so then ill give them a look meant to communicate that this whole business is really lame and that whatever they're wanting to get a picture of--their homely wife in front of the topiary whale or whatever--is just too stupid for words, and secretly hope it embarrasses them in their need to take pictures, which need I have never felt myself.
I know. I sometimes just plough through - depending on how bold I feel. Where do you draw the line? People get in the way of my line of vision all the time just because I'm not filming the event why does this make my right to see what's in front of me any less valid than someone who's taking a picture to view at a later date?

let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights...

now that you mention the term "camera rape", i have to say that me and other colleagues are constantly camera and photo raped at work and then these images end up in flyers or on websites or are presented at meetings. really pisses me off. my boss seems to be completely insensitive to this issue and told me that i have to tell the photographers and film makers myself, and stop them from taking pictures, as he feels unable to organize this matter.

I do my best impression of a zombie complete with weird facial expressions and "I'm going to eat your skin" body language when people take pictures in crowded areas. I used to do the Morrissey EDILS hand-on-face pose, but I figured that wasn't a big enough deterrent. I'm sure plenty of tourists out there have gone "It's a great picture but what the hell is wrong with that man?"

Sometimes free is too high a price. I downloaded LIHS for free, and decided that all but 5-6 songs needed to be purged from my hard drive.

Well don't I feel like a fool - I paid for the album and download and kept zero songs! I wanted to like it, I really did!

Well don't I feel like a fool - I paid for the album and download and kept zero songs! I wanted to like it, I really did!
Didn't we all? It's either corny and overwrought, or simplistic and boring. It bums me out when "It's okay" is high praise for new Morrissey.

now that you mention the term "camera rape", i have to say that me and other colleagues are constantly camera and photo raped at work and then these images end up in flyers or on websites or are presented at meetings. really pisses me off. my boss seems to be completely insensitive to this issue and told me that i have to tell the photographers and film makers myself, and stop them from taking pictures, as he feels unable to organize this matter.
that's really awful, lanterns! to have your photo randomly snapped on the street is one thing, but to have some dolt snapping it while you're at work and cant just up and leave is another thing. you shouldnt have to put up with that. I would be totally irate if someone tried to snap my picture for a flyer while at work.

Back
Top Bottom