Fiona Dodwell posts photo with Morrissey (October 9, 2022)

full

Posted by spent:

There is another one, posted by Ms Dodwell in the comment section:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
You where commenting on Dirks post about ‘fat’ women. You brought up Autobio, where I believe Morrissey said Marr called a Smiths fan ‘fatty’.

Do you think that is the incident that inspired Morrissey to come up with the song "You're the one for me Fatty?"

I wonder why Morrissey always has plasters on his fingers? And if you zoom in, it looks as tho it’s been bleeding.
I wonder if he has been practicing guitar for back on the chain gang 😬
That's not blood, that's a kiddy plaster.

They're literally sitting in the Palladium...? + she posted earlier she was going to London...
In the tweet about going to London she has different clothes but I’ve haven’t investigated it Clouseau

Why the hate on here for this woman? So she may not be Nick Kent or whatever you lot think she should be, but she’s always complimentary about Morrissey when so, so many people are not. And when everything else has been said, let’s start on her weight ffs. There are some nasty f***ers on here.
Will be at Brixton tomorrow night and hopefully it will be as great as all the other dates on this tour. Brixton is always a top, mad night, best place and it suits him so much better than the soulless arenas.
See you tomorrow Moz 👍👍👍x

Why the hate on here for this woman? So she may not be Nick Kent or whatever you lot think she should be, but she’s always complimentary about Morrissey when so, so many people are not. And when everything else has been said, let’s start on her weight ffs. There are some nasty f***ers on here.
Will be at Brixton tomorrow night and hopefully it will be as great as all the other dates on this tour. Brixton is always a top, mad night, best place and it suits him so much better than the soulless arenas.
See you tomorrow Moz 👍👍👍x
I think maybe its because she tries to make out she is giving an objective opinion when in the reality it's a limited subjective opinion paid for by M.
She is a hired, cut price PR copywriter and she pretends she isnt . She also knows very little about M or the Smiths, often copying other people's blogs and things said on this very page.She knows even less about music history in general.
How the heck can you write about a pop star when you don't know anything about him as a person and you don't know much about him as a music pop star and you know nothing about the area of music he works in?
It's a complete joke. That's why. The point that person was making, I expect, is that M used to be cited and respected by major thinkers in the culture world. Now he has to pay a 6th rate hack to write defense pieces that only morons take seriously. By doing this M looks worse than if he would have said nothing
Even lesser pop stars hire ex-music writers to write their fluff articals, not Steven, he is so tight he has to hire a "vanity book " writer from the Amazon self-publish section.

I think maybe its because she tries to make out she is giving an objective opinion when in the reality it's a limited subjective opinion paid for by M.
She is a hired, cut price PR copywriter and she pretends she isnt . She also knows very little about M or the Smiths, often copying other people's blogs and things said on this very page.She knows even less about music history in general.
How the heck can you write about a pop star when you don't know anything about him as a person and you don't know much about him as a music pop star and you know nothing about the area of music he works in?
It's a complete joke. That's why. The point that person was making, I expect, is that M used to be cited and respected by major thinkers in the culture world. Now he has to pay a 6th rate hack to write defense pieces that only morons take seriously. By doing this M looks worse than if he would have said nothing
Even lesser pop stars hire ex-music writers to write their fluff articals, not Steven, he is so tight he has to hire a "vanity book " writer from the Amazon self-publish section.
You’re just as bad, with your hatchet job….

You were commenting on Dirks post about ‘fat’ women. You brought up Autobio, where I believe Morrissey said Marr called a Smiths fan ‘fatty’.
He did - but again, how is that relevant to Morrissey's attitudes? Do you think saying "Johnny does it too!" makes Moz look any better, for calling women "elephantine" and so on? Bizarre.

Last edited:
So this is what we have always said, she was hired by Morrissey's staff to write dithyrambic articles to the glory of Morrissey. This is not even degree zero of journalism: she does advertisement with words. A lobbyist. Like for neo liberalism. She should work for the Tories and parlement,

He did - but again, how is that relevant to Morrissey's attitudes? Do you think saying "Johnny does it too!" makes Moz look any better, for calling women "elephantine" and so on? Bizarre.

Whatever. There are people that happen to be women that he doesn’t as you say ‘loath’ that he’s written about in Autobiography. But maybe you skipped over those pages, or erased them from your mind, for reasons of your own. Bizarre.

He loathes them, if Autobio is anything to go by.
Why would a gay man care whether his female friends were 'totty'?
If Autobiography and his even more recent post about being Humasexual is anything to go by you'd know he is not simply gay. Too nuanced for you?

Whatever. There are people that happen to be women that he doesn’t as you say ‘loath’ that he’s written about in Autobiography. But maybe you skipped over those pages, or erased them from your mind, for reasons of your own. Bizarre.
Morrissey's juvenile fat-shaming is everywhere in Autobio. The fact that you're trying to excuse it / pretending not to see it (and rather desperately trying to drag Johnny into it too) is just silly. It doesn't matter if he has 1000 female friends - either you think it's okay to talk about women in those terms or you don't.

If Autobiography and his even more recent post about being Humasexual is anything to go by you'd know he is not simply gay. Too nuanced for you?
He has described women's bodies as "honeypots sprawled like open graves" - I don't see much nuance there really, but each to their own. I think he is a conflicted man who has struggled with his sexuality throughout his life. He said he didn't recognise terms like "bisexual" because they confuse people and make them feel shit (paraphrasing). That's fair enough, but 'humasexual' is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I don't see any point playing with words or going along with this 'smoke and mirrors' thing for a guy who is 63 so I say what I see, and I think he is gay.

Last edited:
Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom